Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Moose_dup1 Wheel Paint - 03/28/06 09:51 PM
Before any.... I searched, only thing I found was touch up paint. If you don't have anythng useful to post, don't waste your time..

Now then,

when I picked up the current SVT, the previous owner included a set of EO's, one of which is painted black, the other 3 have over-spray on them. My question is, what type of paint should I use to paint them? I might as well go black on all of them. Do I need to strip them first? Any helpful discussion is greatly appreciated, thanks
Moose
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: Wheel Paint - 03/28/06 11:19 PM
I was thinking about doing this to my e1's as they are in pretty bad shape from the previous owner..anyways I could use some help too.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: Wheel Paint - 03/29/06 01:01 AM
You should be able to find the paint match from any autobody paint supply store. The paint used on wheels is essentually the same as the paint used to paint the body. It is just a matter of matching the color, and if necessary could be matched by computer.

An alternative is that Griot's Garage carries an aerosol can of silter wheel paint. It is probably more closely color matched to european cars but it may be more than close enough.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/index.jsp
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: Wheel Paint - 03/29/06 02:46 AM
what grit sandpaper will be needed?any primer?thanxsin advance.
Posted By: gotapex Re: Wheel Paint - 03/29/06 07:33 AM
These aren't the exact instructions, but should be helpful:

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=30
Posted By: bnails Re: Wheel Paint - 03/31/06 12:07 AM
i would go wit powder coating. it would cost about $200. but i think the difference in durability from regular paint is well worth it.
Posted By: svtavino_dup1 Re: Wheel Paint - 03/31/06 12:58 AM
Duplicolor makes a nice wheel paint I have seen some wheels with it and they look pretty good.
Wheel paint I think the graphite looks good. If you search the web I think you will find a lot of people use it and have had pretty good results.
Posted By: skrilla187_dup1 Re: Wheel Paint - 03/31/06 01:19 AM
Originally posted by bnails:
i would go wit powder coating. it would cost about $200. but i think the difference in durability from regular paint is well worth it.

Just got my FSVT wheels powdercoated. Cost me 120.
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Wheel Paint - 04/01/06 08:09 PM
Anybody have a picture of E0 wheels painted black on a black SVT? I've seen E1's and they look good, but never E0's.
Posted By: HazumiSVT Re: Wheel Paint - 04/02/06 03:25 AM
yeah i would get them powdercoated......they look better and will last a lot longer without chiping.
Posted By: fordsvt98 Re: Wheel Paint - 04/02/06 10:54 PM
Sandblast those wheels, Powdercoat BLACK. Nitto Neo Gens
Posted By: Nate S Re: Wheel Paint - 04/03/06 01:11 AM
Where have you guys been getting your wheels powdercoated?
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Wheel Paint - 04/03/06 02:35 AM
There a place near me that does wheels for $25 each not counting cleaning cost.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Wheel Paint - 04/03/06 01:15 PM
Originally posted by 1BadCSVT:
Anybody have a picture of E0 wheels painted black on a black SVT? I've seen E1's and they look good, but never E0's.

Look in the classifieds under wheels...someone has a set for sale...
Posted By: 1BadCSVT Re: Wheel Paint - 04/03/06 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Mod-Deth:
Originally posted by 1BadCSVT:

Look in the classifieds under wheels...someone has a set for sale...

There gun metal. I already saw them and like them, but I want to see black.
Posted By: Nate S Re: Wheel Paint - 04/03/06 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
There a place near me that does wheels for $25 each not counting cleaning cost.

What is the place called? I'm wondering how I can find a place like this in my area. Any ideas of what to look under in the yellowpages or something?
© CEG Archives