Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: getsum111 Spending tax refund - 02/28/06 07:27 PM
Well, after some searching, I just ordered a set of 4 Falken Ziex ZE-512B's in 225/50/16. $70 from Discount tire direct + free shipping. Everyone said they are a good tire, and at that price, they were hard to beat. I wanted to wait and see if I could spring for new wheels,too, but it looks like that won't be happening as soon as I hoped. Thanks for all who posted about their tires of choice, you helped when I searched. Just had to share, I'm kinda happy!
Scott
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Spending tax refund - 03/01/06 01:56 AM
With a BAT kit and 225 width ZE512s, you'll feel like you're driving a BMW. That's a lot of sticky rubber: enjoy!
Posted By: Fmr12B_dup1 Re: Spending tax refund - 03/01/06 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
With a BAT kit and 225 width ZE512s, you'll feel like you're driving a BMW. That's a lot of sticky rubber: enjoy!

Too bad his sidewalls will look bloated and turn in will not be as crisp.

Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Spending tax refund - 03/01/06 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Fmr12B:
Too bad his sidewalls will look bloated and turn in will not be as crisp.

You are dissing the 225 rating and not the tire correct?

I found the 225 to handle much better then the 215 it replaced. Yes I do run another pound or two of pressure for normal driving but the extra tread width more then makes up for the minor change in sidewall. 1/6" in sidewall growth for 1/2" of tread width growth is a positive trade off for me. Also I like the way the tire fills the wheel well.

If you were dissing the tire then I agree. The 512 does not have as crisp turn in as the 225 KDW it replaced. It has the same overall lateral grip and better straight line grip then the KDW tires.
© CEG Archives