Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have been on this board for a couple of years and the largest (width) wheels that I have seen are 8 inches. Anyone no of a tour that had 8.5 or 9 inch wheels. If so maybe you know the offset and tires combo used.

PICS WOULD BE AWESOME
I seen a mexican guy in down town detroit with atleast 12" rims or just massive spacers.

[censored] was b-a-n-a-n-a-s!
I heard that was you
A 8.5" wheel might fit, but thats really pushing it. I think the offset on my Axis 19x8 wheels are 42mm, and with my 235mm tires, they barely clear the strut. They do rub in the back as well. If you did run an 8.5" wheel, you would probably be stuck with running a tire less than 8.5" wide just so you dont the rub the fender and strut. Then of course, your tires look goofy since they looked stretched over the wheel.
My guess is the most grip will be attained by a 17x7.5 and a 225/45R17. You might be able to squeeze a 245 on with an 8" wheel, but you'd have to watch the offset carefully, and probably roll the fender. Tire width is the real issue, getting enough wheel to put the tire on isn't.
There's a pre-98 around here that has about 14" gold wire wheels that stick out a good 4-6 inches from the car. I imagine they must be about 11-14 inches in width. Add in an atrocious primered body kit and park bench on the trunk and it looks absolutely disgusting.
BeyondLoaded. What if I had a 17'' wheel (8.5 width) with a 53mm offset. Any opinions?
Originally posted by Aspire:
BeyondLoaded. What if I had a 17'' wheel (8.5 width) with a 53mm offset. Any opinions?

Your tires would be all over your struts.
Originally posted by pole120:

Your tires would be all over your struts.

bingo...you wouldnt even be able to fit them to the hubs.

And if I also had a 10mm spacer?
Originally posted by GTO Pete:
There's a pre-98 around here that has about 14" gold wire wheels that stick out a good 4-6 inches from the car. I imagine they must be about 11-14 inches in width. Add in an atrocious primered body kit and park bench on the trunk and it looks absolutely disgusting.

Probably still just a 14x7 with negative offset.
Originally posted by SteedaSVTââ??¢:
I seen a mexican guy in down town detroit with atleast 12" rims or just massive spacers.

[censored] was b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

The other pic is probly NWS, so I used the less-cool one so I don't get in too much trouble.
Originally posted by Big Daddy Kane:

The other pic is probly NWS, so I used the less-cool one so I don't get in too much trouble.

Dayam those are some nice shorts

then your wheel would be hitting the fender.
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Ha HA I saw that trash in harford county! ooohh weeee
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

then your wheel would be hitting the fender.

Roll?

Exactly I will roll the fenders a la the Volks guys to make the bad boys fit
i think even with rolling the fenders, its going to rub. I think an 8.5" rim with a 10mm spacer will be almost past the fender.
Has anyone tried something like this tool?

I want some wide wheels/tires, but would REALLY like to avoid making flares or the like and having to repaint.
If found that tool at another site but I think I will have to go further than a fender rolling. I think what is often referred to as fender "Pulling" will be necessary.

Or a combo of the two

Here are some examples I came across on a quick search. Fender Rolling on M5
Fender Pulling on M5

Tire Rack rents the fender rollers and charges a $750 deposit, but refunds it once you return it. You've gotta pay shipping both ways, but not bad. OR, the one from Eastwood is only $250.
This is the hottest contour I have ever laid eyes on. This thing ran 19" Mas Italy Saggitas, and from what I remember they were 8.5" width, maybe more.

Link
Originally posted by nofx198e5:
This is the hottest contour I have ever laid eyes on. This thing ran 19" Mas Italy Saggitas, and from what I remember they were 8.5" width, maybe more.

Link

they are available in 19x8 or 19x9.5.

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/1699
8". No way are those 9.5".
© CEG Archives