Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: skunk_dup1 cryo rotors.... - 12/06/05 08:29 PM
I noticed these on tire rack and was curious about any thoughts/comments and if anyone has tried them. here is a link to the site http://www.frozenrotors.com/.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: cryo rotors.... - 12/07/05 06:00 AM
It is beneficial. I'm not sure if there is enough benefit unless it is for racing conditions or you are very rough on brakes.

Get a set of pads and rotors from Stazi and you will golden for normal or even spirited street use.
Posted By: Rara_dup1 Re: cryo rotors.... - 12/07/05 03:35 PM
Honestly, I have yet to see any solid comparison data that shows a significant improvement in rotor life or durability.
On the flip side, I've also not seen anything that shows the process is bad for rotor life or durability. Just a bunch of positive anecdotal evidence.

Personally, it's not something I'm going to dump a bunch of money on to try, unless I have an overwhelming reason.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: cryo rotors.... - 12/07/05 03:48 PM
Yeah I noticed those on TireRack too... I think they should be called "Han Solo rotors".

Rara, well said.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: cryo rotors.... - 12/07/05 09:39 PM
Search much?
Posted By: skunk_dup1 Re: cryo rotors.... - 12/07/05 10:16 PM
Yeah, I looked through those old posts. I was looking to see if there was anyone who has actually used them since that post from 2004. sometimes new info comes about but doesn't get posted or they don't search for an old post to add any new info.
© CEG Archives