Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
this happened to me before but i forgot what i did to fix it

i few days ago i had to brake kinda hard and every since then

when i let off the brakes the ebrake light comes on

what do i need to do reset the computer ????
Low brake fluid?
yes it does look a little low thanks im gonna go get some now

i know to never under estimate a ford but i didn't know the car was smart enough to let you know your low on brake fluid

it fixed the problem thanks
Originally posted by GS474:
yes it does look a little low thanks im gonna go get some now ...

You do realize you need to check why you are low on brake fluid, don't you? (leaky hoses, brake piston, etc.)
yeah
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by GS474:
yes it does look a little low thanks im gonna go get some now ...

You do realize you need to check why you are low on brake fluid, don't you? (leaky hoses, brake piston, etc.)

And front brake pad wear.
yeah, i would check your front pads before adding fluid.
because if you do need pads and you add fluid before you do them, you will dump brake fluid all over the place when you push the pistons back in.

Originally posted by ElKy:
because if you do need pads and you add fluid before you do them, you will dump brake fluid all over the place when you push the pistons back in.

isnt that why you open the bleeder when you push the piston back in, also though that was good practice with abs as to not damage the abs pump?
Originally posted by BrApple:

isnt that why you open the bleeder when you push the piston back in, also though that was good practice with abs as to not damage the abs pump?

That's my practice, and I recommend it, but I seem to be in the minority.
Originally posted by Big Jim:
Originally posted by BrApple:

That's my practice, and I recommend it, but I seem to be in the minority.

ok, but not even to include abs i thought it was poor practice to force fluid back through the system when retracting the piston? Oh well, just as anything else I will do what my father shows me since he was a mechanic out of HS and has been working on cars since then or before
© CEG Archives