Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: woodysvt All lowering spring pictures - 01/08/04 08:41 PM
hey guys, ive been looking through the archives trying to find pictures of different drops (lowering springs) but almost all of them are broken links now and do not show up.

so, can all of you post pics of your various drops. H&R, eibach, Bat, intrax, FK, etc. TIA.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/08/04 09:10 PM
BAT

Eibach

Roush

H&R
Posted By: outkast Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/08/04 10:48 PM
I,d like to see B & G springs too
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/08/04 10:53 PM
here's mine with eibachs as noted in the sig.
Posted By: MyCaiNsBroK3N Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 12:13 AM
Is it me, or is BAT the only springs that dont make the rear lower than the front.
Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 12:29 AM
H&R's rake the [censored] outta the car. My front is slammed and rear barely dropped. I'm going GC's now I can't wait to install them
Posted By: bullion Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 02:02 AM
Looks like the car with the BAT springs is just on a hill. Do any of you guys with lowering springs live in a house with a steep drive way? I have stock springs and the bottom of my bumper still scrapes the drive way.
Posted By: epattonm Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 04:06 AM
Look again. Look at the distance from the top of the tire to the fender-well. In other words, check the gap. It's much smaller than ours.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 05:02 AM
all springs lower equal ride height except for the H&R...and possibly B+G

the rear only appears to have less wheel gap because of the way the car is made, so if ur worried about that...go with H&R

man I wish I could participate in this thread
Posted By: woodysvt Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 05:48 AM
thanks guys. much appreciated. makes choosing a set of springs much easier.
Posted By: bullion Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 04:58 PM
Ugh..who said anything about checking a gap. We know their cars are lower than the stock ones. My question was how do they avoid having their drive way scrape the crap out of the bumper.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 05:09 PM
Originally posted by bullion:
Ugh..who said anything about checking a gap. We know their cars are lower than the stock ones. My question was how do they avoid having their drive way scrape the crap out of the bumper.

You don't. I scrape everywhere. I can't even go thru the guided car washes anymore. The front air dam hits. And forget getting onto lifts or getting put on a flat bed. The guys at the Mercury dealer had fits getting my car up in the air. And that's when you get idiots putting the lift arms on places they shouldn't (like rear lower control arms. Remember reading the posts how they are bent all the time?)
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/09/04 10:17 PM
My BAT install is raked like that. Personally, I prefer the slightly nose-down profile.

Posted By: SweetSVT99_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 04:35 AM
Lots of pictures on my page, along with the mods:

http://www.svtperformance.com/sholland/mysvt
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 05:21 AM
Originally posted by outkast:

Here is a pic of my car with the B&G autobahn springs, kinda a bad pic from a suspension point of view but it is all I got right now,

-Jeff-
Posted By: 2 guard Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 05:36 AM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

Here is a pic of my car with the B&G autobahn springs, kinda a bad pic from a suspension point of view but it is all I got right now,

-Jeff-

How do you like your setup??????? Also were did you get those springs??? an 1 more ????? what size wheel's are those??? thank you..
Posted By: Alex T._dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 06:10 AM
Clean set up Qwk98svt!
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 06:59 PM
Here is a pic of Leda springs.

I'll try to get better pics.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 09:54 PM

Here's the roush, the lower rear bugs the hell out of me.
Posted By: path914 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 10:12 PM
Originally posted by {Kontofosho}:

Drop looks good to me. I can't tell, are those RS5's 17" or 18"?
Posted By: myfastse_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/13/04 10:21 PM

You know I have always wondered about this. It may look like the back is lower or is the front tire well a little bigger, for turning. I try not to use wheel gap to measure the looks. I try to use the bumpers. Car looks sweet to me and level.
Posted By: BiggsvT28 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/14/04 02:20 AM
I'm picky, but the aesthetic drop is definitely not even, the real drop is on the other hand.
PS The rs-5's are 18in.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/14/04 05:28 AM
its the way our cars are made

unless you get springs that lower the front more than the rear it will ALWAYS look this way...
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/14/04 06:17 PM

Yup. Nice and level.

Yup, the front wheel well opening is bigger than the rear, just like on most cars. A good, level drop will always tuck the rears before the fronts.
Posted By: weargle Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/14/04 09:28 PM
Originally posted by RogerB:

Yup, the front wheel well opening is bigger than the rear, just like on most cars. A good, level drop will always tuck the rears before the fronts.

Why? Because most drivers would rather have more room for bump rather than droop. Unless you want to just keep your car to look at ...
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/14/04 10:33 PM
I was under the assumption that the bigger wheel gap up front is to provide more dampering room for the front since that's where the weight is (engine).
Posted By: weargle Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/14/04 10:56 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:
I was under the assumption that the bigger wheel gap up front is to provide more dampering room for the front since that's where the weight is (engine).

That's where all the weight of your car goes upon braking. (which is why your rear brake discs are so small -- they only stop around 30% of the total mass of the car)
Posted By: JonnySVT Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/15/04 07:55 AM
Quote:

That's where all the weight of your car goes upon braking. (which is why your rear brake discs are so small -- they only stop around 30% of the total mass of the car)

Well of course that too.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/15/04 09:06 AM
How do you like your setup??????? Also were did you get those springs??? an 1 more ????? what size wheel's are those??? thank you..

I love the setup with the Koni's + B&G's I bought the Autobahn springs from www.shox.com and I am running 18' MM2's with a 215/35/18 tire, I love it!

-Jeff-
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/15/04 02:10 PM
Originally posted by JonnySVT:

Front wheels turn left and right. Designers have to account for this range of motion. Rear wheels can be fully shrouded for aerodynamic advantage, but then it's a [censored] to change a flat.
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/15/04 03:29 PM
I've been real happy with my BAT kit:

Both front and rear gaps are all good. (pic above is about 1 month after install)
Posted By: charolastra Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/15/04 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Qwk98svt:

-Jeff-

man i love this car!!!!
Posted By: schnazlnflanger Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/20/04 04:19 AM
how much do those roush springs run?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: All lowering spring pictures - 01/20/04 05:17 AM
Originally posted by schnazlnflanger:
how much do those roush springs run?

They're not made anymore, but I believe they sold for $125 new for a set. I got mine, barely used, for $100 shipped.
Posted By: liquidX Re: All lowering spring pictures - 02/17/05 09:41 PM
Can any and everyone who is dropped on B&G Autobahns and B&G Sports only post pics right now? Thanks...

XL
Posted By: Pole120 Re: All lowering spring pictures - 02/17/05 11:30 PM
CSVT1214:1.6" level b+g drop

QWK98SVT:2.25"\1.6" b+g post 98 autobahn drop

i don't know of anyone running the pre-98 level 2.25" drop.
© CEG Archives