Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99REDSE ouch! - 08/08/06 08:08 PM
okay, my 99 SE Sport with 118k on it is running great.. no issues.. but i have semi bald tires.. so during a nice rainstorm, i underestimated the corner and put the right side of my car airborne over a curb, felt really nice. so today i went and go some new tires... well RF ball joint is loose now and needs replacement, and the RR spring is kaput lol... nice..

anyways, looked around, can get some SE or SVT springs for cheap, so probably will do that, but the ball joint, are all ball joints the same for contours? could i get a SVT one, or one from a 4cyl SE ?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: ouch! - 08/08/06 08:15 PM
Should be the same. Need to drill out the rivets and bolt on the new one. $29 from Bill Jenkins.
Posted By: 99REDSE Re: ouch! - 08/08/06 08:51 PM
lol, they wanted to charge me 1200 to do both front ball joints, all 4 struts and springs.. lol. wow.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: ouch! - 08/08/06 09:00 PM
Around $200 for springs and struts at Belle Tire here. Shouldn't be any more than $140 in labor for the BJ's.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: ouch! - 08/08/06 09:18 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Should be the same. Need to drill out the rivets and bolt on the new one. $29 from Bill Jenkins.

SpMotorsports $20 a piece.
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: ouch! - 08/08/06 09:51 PM
Originally posted by 99REDSE:
okay, my 99 SE Sport with 118k on it is running great.. no issues.. but i have semi bald tires.. so during a nice rainstorm, i underestimated the corner and put the right side of my car airborne over a curb, felt really nice. so today i went and go some new tires... well RF ball joint is loose now and needs replacement, and the RR spring is kaput lol... nice..

anyways, looked around, can get some SE or SVT springs for cheap, so probably will do that, but the ball joint, are all ball joints the same for contours? could i get a SVT one, or one from a 4cyl SE ?

I would use this as an excuse to get a whole new suspension... koni sport kit FTW.
Posted By: 99REDSE Re: ouch! - 08/08/06 11:09 PM
LOL, car has 118k on it.. not sure i want to dump much more money into it.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: ouch! - 08/09/06 03:33 AM
Originally posted by 99REDSE:
LOL, car has 118k on it.. not sure i want to dump much more money into it.

And? Both my contours have more than that.
Posted By: ElKy Re: ouch! - 08/09/06 01:25 PM
Shouldn't be any more than $140 in labor for the BJ's.

i would never pay that much for a BJ!!!
Posted By: BloodyTomFlint Re: ouch! - 08/09/06 02:25 PM
Originally posted by ElKy:

It's $10 on Dwight Street in Springfield...
Posted By: ElKy Re: ouch! - 08/09/06 07:47 PM
Originally posted by BloodyTomFlint:
Originally posted by ElKy:

It's $10 on Dwight Street in Springfield...

and you KNOW this?
© CEG Archives