Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Rayn $50 dollar coil over kit??? - 08/02/06 11:07 PM
Okay. I've been looking for either a drop in my suspension or larger rims. I like my current rims. I like the feel of my BAT strut & spring sport kit. I was considering a coil over kit since it's adjustable, but I heard that the ride wasn't the best. Long story short... On ebay I found a $50 coil over kit. Is this a waste of money or the kit of my dreams?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: $50 dollar coil over kit??? - 08/03/06 04:06 AM
There is some info here about that kit. Search, and you shall find. One thread about its install, and one by the same poster recently about how he now has problems with it.

You get what you pay for, and I sure as hell aint riding around on a $50 suspension. To me that is unsafe, and asking for trouble.
Posted By: evocontour Re: $50 dollar coil over kit??? - 08/03/06 04:55 AM
You could grab the Eibach/Ground Control units I have for sale. $250 - they are new and never used ($420 from SP). If you want coilovers - this is the way to go. Check the classifieds if your interested.
HENRY
Posted By: TRicker Re: $50 dollar coil over kit??? - 08/04/06 02:05 AM
17" wheels, euro drop (.75"), and 45 series tires. mirko splitter, and its sittin low enough to scrape on all your friends driveways, and looks tight. you just gota fill the fender gaps ya know, cuz my stock height is low as hell it just doesnt fill the fender gap. just keep in mind that your car is gonna be long and low and you cant really hit a pothole without taking off a side skirt. well, thats something we consider in MN, lol
Posted By: Rayn Re: $50 dollar coil over kit??? - 08/04/06 03:28 AM
I think that's what I need to just go ahead and get a mirko... NY Potholes top em all!!!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: $50 dollar coil over kit??? - 08/07/06 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Rayn:
I think that's what I need to just go ahead and get a mirko... NY Potholes top em all!!!

Drive on the motocross courses they call highways in MI.
© CEG Archives