Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mystique97 Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/12/06 11:33 PM
Ok, my front struts are starting to creek and groan and I was wondering if I should go get some springs and struts from Bill Jenkins or go get aftermarket suspension. I am looking for the cheapest way to do this, the BAT kit or is there anything cheaper/better then the BAT kit?
My max of lowering will be 1.5 inches. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: Matt R_dup1 Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/13/06 12:09 AM
BAT kit is your best bet w/o going for crap Ebay junk.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/13/06 12:12 AM
That's what I thought and I can't go on Ebay anyways I owe them money for some ghey reason and they put my account on hold. The "fee" went up like 12 bucks in a day w/out me knowing so I'm not payin it.
Thanks.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/13/06 01:38 PM
summit racing has in their catalog but not online a matrix coilover kit for late model cougars for like $120

thats pretty cheap and you dont have to use ebay
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/13/06 02:44 PM
Does it come with struts?
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/13/06 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Mystique97:

OK. Look. My regular old Roush springs were $120, on clearance.

IIRC, a GC coilover kit is still around $400, and that's springs and collars, only.

$120 for a set of coilover springs (assuming they are decent quality) is a phenomenal price.

So, without looking at the Summit catalog, I'm nevertheless pretty sure this coilover kit does not come with struts.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/13/06 11:43 PM
I'll stick with the BAT kit.
Posted By: Stylin55_oh Re: Cheapest suspension setup out there. - 07/14/06 01:15 PM
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by Mystique97:

OK. Look. My regular old Roush springs were $120, on clearance.

IIRC, a GC coilover kit is still around $400, and that's springs and collars, only.

$120 for a set of coilover springs (assuming they are decent quality) is a phenomenal price.

So, without looking at the Summit catalog, I'm nevertheless pretty sure this coilover kit does not come with struts.

yes no struts.. but a very cheap avenue if anyone is interested in coilovers that are made by Ping Wing Wang and bought from stupid E-bay
© CEG Archives