Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I have a 99 Contour SE Sport with worn out front control arm bushings. I've searched high and low on the internet (including this website) and nobody sells just the bushings - you have to buy the whole control arm. The only place I've found that sells the control arms is BAT Inc. I called them and they're out of stock and don't expect more to come in for several months. Can anybody help me locate a vendor who sells these control arms? Thanks in advance!
BTW, my control arms have the vertical two-bolt bushings.
try checking the parts source page on the main page ...

also go to teamfordparts.com, there are like $60 a arm, just replace the arm and you will be good to go
Cool - Thanks! I ordered a left and a right control arm from teamfordparts.com for $104 including shipping.
lucky...i had to pay $105 each, for my LCAs.
Originally posted by ElKy:

Two bolts RULE!!

Where did you get them that cheap - that's like $40 better than I found?
Originally posted by TourDeForce:

Two bolts RULE!!

Except that the design sucks - a lot.
Originally posted by ScottK:

Where did you get them that cheap - that's like $40 better than I found?

There's a CEGer that has a good price. Bill is close to that, too.
The 2 bolt arms, although easier to remove and install are a worse design than the 4 bolt arms. Ford even went back to the 4 bolt arms with later Cougar production because of this.

The 2 bolt design puts undue stress on the bushings and causes them to fail prematurely. When they do go, the A arms flop around-not a good situation.

If you have a choice go with the 4 bolts. Eventually, I'll have replacement bushings for them.
© CEG Archives