Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kremithefrog zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 06:54 AM
http://www.zx2racing.com/store/pulley.htm#acpulley

can anybody explain to me why you would buy that for $70 instead of a different belt for $20?
Posted By: Robert S Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 07:17 AM
Because with the 50 bucks you saved you just quite wouldn't be able to buy that under drive pulley.

Ohh and spending 70 instead of 20 helps the economy that much more!!! Come on kermit do your part.

-Rob
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 07:23 AM
but i already removed my a/c so should i spend another $70 to help the economy and add extra weight back to the car. then i need to buy another original belt like i had that's another $20. and then i get to have the belt i have now I guess as a momento of helping the economy. and zxtuner would have $70 more of my money (they just got $166.13 of it)
Posted By: Robert S Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 07:26 AM
Hey they have a thing that disables the CEL light. Maybe some people in here should get that, then there would be less CEL light questions.

Hey come spend some of that money in cali. we need it after that a-hole in the governers office spent all our money on electricity.

-Rob
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 07:30 AM
funny you should say that, i just bought $300 worth of stuff from a ford dealer in california.
Posted By: Robert S Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 07:39 AM
http://www.zx2racing.com/store/caps.htm

Hey that spark plug cover, that would fit right? I mean the engines are practically the same right??

-Rob
Posted By: ScoobyRacing03 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 08:47 AM
there are no holes drilled into the valve cover to attach it however if your goos with a drill and a tap and die set go for it... you would need two taps how ever one to start the threads and one that would tap it to the bottom of the hole and end taps are not easy to find most places don't carry them.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Robert S:

Hey that spark plug cover, that would fit right? I mean the engines are practically the same right??

-Rob

It would fit my car.
Posted By: Robert S Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/23/03 07:39 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ2.0:

-Rob

It would fit my car.

Only your car??????

-Rob
Posted By: R_G Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/24/03 12:51 AM
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:
there are no holes drilled into the valve cover to attach it however if your goos with a drill and a tap and die set go for it... you would need two taps how ever one to start the threads and one that would tap it to the bottom of the hole and end taps are not easy to find most places don't carry them.

"thanks... but lemme ask you again - the real one middle screws - how they connect- the middle portion is recessed, isn't it, and the wiring goes there, so again, where do they go? TNX"

"If you look at the recess where the wires go, there's 2 screws there on each side of the recess that hold the manifold cover down. I would assume that you remove those and the screws on the cover run all the way through".

"Yes, there are two center bolts on the valve cover that you remove and replace with two longer bolts that come with spacers so that when you tighten the bolts down, you don't bend the new cover. The esslinger one looks like you may replace all four bolts on the top of the valve cover instead of just the two center ones on the British cover".

Now, I ordered this cover.... LOL...

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/24/03 05:17 AM

-Rob

It would fit my car.

Only your car??????

-Rob

Because I got my valve cover off a Zx2.
Posted By: Robert S Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/24/03 08:44 AM

Cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Rob
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/24/03 04:22 PM

Cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Rob

Just go to the junkyard....but the zx2 cover is different than yours....they (and me) have the VCT solenoid coming out of it.
Posted By: Paul Kienitz_dup1 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/24/03 10:28 PM
(off topic) That a-hole in the governor's office spent a bunch of money on electricity, but he did it in a way that stopped the price spiral and broke the back of the price gouging system, while the Bushies did nothing but encourage the generator companies to keep grabbing.

In fact, gov. Davis probably deserves about 50% credit for singlehandedly bringing down Enron.

(I've studied this issue in some detail.)
Posted By: R_G Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/25/03 02:38 AM

Is the cover an add-on? Did it require any mods? (I guess not)...

TNX for the info
Posted By: Robert S Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/25/03 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Paul Kienitz:
(off topic) That a-hole in the governor's office spent a bunch of money on electricity, but he did it in a way that stopped the price spiral and broke the back of the price gouging system, while the Bushies did nothing but encourage the generator companies to keep grabbing.

In fact, gov. Davis probably deserves about 50% credit for singlehandedly bringing down Enron.

*Cough Cough* Democrat *Cough Cough*
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/25/03 06:11 AM
Originally posted by RGSOUNDF:

Is the cover an add-on? Did it require any mods? (I guess not)...

TNX for the info

No because I have the VCT.
Posted By: Paul Kienitz_dup1 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/25/03 10:56 PM

*Cough Cough* Democrat *Cough Cough*

*cough* actually knowledgeable about the issue *cough*

I called the electricity crisis as faked by generating companies on the first day of 2001, when every politician and every mainstream media outlet agreed it was just a shortage caused by high demand. Can you think of anyone else who spotted it that early?

Posted By: R_G Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/26/03 01:01 AM
The dual nature of our society can be observed on various levels; however, the duplicity of the world of politics seems to beat every record, and yes, ARE THERE ANY VALVE COVERS AVAILABLE FOR ZETEC ENGINES?
Posted By: fingas Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/26/03 01:29 AM

Now i'm no genius but i think that what you call price gouging is actually called a free market economy in which prices are controlled by supply and demand and since CA won't allow any new power plants there are other states and corporations willing to sell the power to CA and yes they will charge whatever they want because the demand is there and oh yeah what was the topic of this forum originally.
Posted By: R_G Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/26/03 02:02 AM
FINGAS is taking his revenge for the corrupted headers thread
Posted By: Paul Kienitz_dup1 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/26/03 11:48 PM
Originally posted by fingas:
Now i'm no genius but i think that what you call price gouging is actually called a free market economy...

Utilities have never been a free market. The fake competitive market that California tried to run was especially not free... through bribery or whatever other means, the companies got the legislature to create a system in which there was no incentive to ever undercut another company's price.

(Zetec Schmetec, I want an electric car!)
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/27/03 09:13 PM
Originally posted by fingas:
Now i'm no genius but i think that what you call price gouging is actually called a free market economy...

Utilities have never been a free market. The fake competitive market that California tried to run was especially not free... through bribery or whatever other means, the companies got the legislature to create a system in which there was no incentive to ever undercut another company's price.

(Zetec Schmetec, I want an electric car!)

Bahahahahaah...Paul you crack me up!

Fingas you got to chill, dude. Welcome to the Zetec Classroom. You'll learn oh so much here. It's hidden deep within the "my car is faster than yours" mumbo jumbo. Check the archives too, lots of good info.

I see you are in Louisiana, are you going to try to make one of the meets Kade is cooking up?
Posted By: R_G Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/28/03 12:24 AM
Found in my mail box today. All compatability questions are over now hmmmmm.....

hi,

the oil cap and plug cover is backordered i'm afraid and it doesn't look
like they'll be available soon - esslinger suffered a warehouse fire and the
plug covers/oil cvaps in stock were destroyed.

regards,
rob green
Posted By: GLChick'95_dup1 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/28/03 12:38 AM
Damn well that sucks!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: zxtuner a/c eliminator - 06/29/03 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LoCoChick'95:
Damn well that sucks!

Yes it does.
© CEG Archives