Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: The Davis Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/20/03 04:13 PM
Just something I started thinking about a few days ago. I think I have the rarest Zetec iteration. This is bad in one way - aftermarket seldom caters to me. I guess it's good in another - I'll learn more about this car than I ever imagined trying to make things work

Let's compare to your Zetecs:

'98 Zetec
Return fuel system
VCT-equipped

Now if I understand it correctly, '99+ Zetecs had VCT, but were returnless. '95-'97 Zetecs were return fuel, but no VCT. So that leaves one year with both.

Feel free to chime in. Where all my VCT/return-fuel bruthas & sistas?!
Posted By: Locster Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/20/03 07:41 PM
Originally posted by D Davis:

Now if I understand it correctly, '99+ Zetecs had VCT, but were returnless. '95-'97 Zetecs were return fuel, but no VCT. So that leaves one year with both.

How do we know if we have return or returnless fuel system.
exactly.
Posted By: pimpin1320 Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/20/03 11:11 PM

Feel free to chime in. Where all my VCT/return-fuel bruthas & sistas?!

1998 in the house.
Posted By: Stolon #05 Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/21/03 12:08 AM
I know mine is a return system because the obd-II software says so when it pulls the info from the pcm. Plus I don't have VCT. But it is a return setup. 1997 here fo sho.
According to my ingnition wire cover, my car is equipped with a VCT Zetec. 1998 or maybe a 98.5 Tour. BTW, my engine block is tan, what is yours?
Posted By: The Davis Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/21/03 12:49 AM
If it says VCT, it likely is. You should see a wire and rubber cover on top of your wire cover on the left side. That's the electrical connection to you VCT solenoid.

Mine is a white/gray.

You should be able to tell return vs. returnless by looking at left side of your fuel rail (behind the cam cover - almost directly behind the VCT solenoid if you have one). If there is a canister with a thin rubber line coming out of the top, that's a return-style fuel pressure regulator. I think the returnless units look similar but w/ no line.

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/21/03 05:49 AM
I have a 2000 Zetec...that is pretty rare.
Posted By: Y2KGreenSE Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/21/03 08:18 PM
1998 was a longer model year, so they are fairly common among Tour population. 1995 and 98 are the two biggest sales years. [guess-timate]
haha, mine is return fuel and no VCT and SS fuel rail!!

Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 01/22/03 05:05 AM
Originally posted by smoothy:
haha, mine is return fuel and no VCT and SS fuel rail!!

Pretty intake and fuel rail.
why get a SS fuel rail? mine is already really shiny, is everybodies not that way? and what intake is that? looks good
Nice intake. Who makes it??
Whats the little elbow on the little filter for...
And why is your hood prop rod on the wrong side...
Are you sure thats a Tour?
Originally posted by bk4293:
Whats the little elbow on the little filter for...

Looks like a Tour to me, mabye its a ZX2?
*edit* its not a ZX2.

guess you never noticed this before BUT ALL pre 98 contour the hood prop is on the drivers side DUH
soooo I am sure it's a contour
Originally posted by ZetecRacing:

guess you never noticed this before BUT ALL pre 98 contour the hood prop is on the drivers side DUH

Well Excuuuuuse me Mr. pre 98. No I really never noticed, I guess your going to have to borrow me yours one day to check it out

Well Excuuuuuse me Mr. pre 98. No I really never noticed, I guess your going to have to borrow me yours one day to check it out

the correct location for the hood prop is on the drivers side....

I didnt know that either
Okay sorry i havent been on in a while. but here is your info.

1) the short ram CAI is a collaboration of a Ractive CAI for the focus and the KKM from the Tour.

2) SS fuel rail was stock on 95s, mine is a 95.

3) the elbow on the crankcase breather is so that it will fit into the tight spot by moving it out of the way some and to not make it run into the CAI.

hope that answers your questions. Oh and here is the real kicker. That whole setup, crankcase breather and all was about $95!!
Posted By: 96mercury Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 09/14/04 07:17 AM
Mines a 96 and its got the SS fuel rail.
Originally posted by 96mercury:
Mines a 96 and its got the SS fuel rail.

Wow, dig up an old post or what? Mine is a 96 and has it too, don't they all have it?
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 09/14/04 03:19 PM
Kremit, we should be all for people (new or not) going back in the forums for info.
It means atleast one person is hearing all the 'search' preaching going on.

And I believe all 96's and 97's had the polished SS fuel rail.
Not sure about 95's.
98 zetec VCT return style checkin in:)
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Kremit, we should be all for people (new or not) going back in the forums for info.
It means atleast one person is hearing all the 'search' preaching going on.

And I believe all 96's and 97's had the polished SS fuel rail.
Not sure about 95's.

I didn't condemn it, just found it odd.
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:

I found it odd to see a post by D Davis.
Posted By: The Davis Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 09/15/04 03:52 AM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:

Hopefully that'll all change starting right about.................now!
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 09/15/04 03:43 PM
Originally posted by ExDelayed:

Hopefully that'll all change starting right about.................now!

Weird, you're old post comes up, and suddenly you appear.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Do I have the rarest Zetec iteration? - 09/15/04 10:36 PM
Rare too: 98 VCT return with white(mystique) valve cover
© CEG Archives