Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Augi Pulleys - 05/13/06 05:11 AM
What kind of gains has everyone recieved from pulleys? I need to replace the tensioner and thought that I may as well do all of them.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Pulleys - 05/13/06 03:12 PM
Adding a crank UDP will gain you between 2-5HP/TQ. And you will be able to rev quicker.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Pulleys - 05/13/06 03:39 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Adding a crank UDP will gain you between 2-5HP/TQ. And you will be able to rev quicker.

Posted By: percybigun_dup1 Re: Pulleys - 05/16/06 09:42 AM
dont do it if you are running alot of ice, it will under-drive the alternator.
Posted By: KerryKool Re: Pulleys - 05/16/06 09:12 PM
Define "ice" please. I want to say cold weather but not sure.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Pulleys - 05/16/06 09:26 PM
I.C.E. = In Car Electronics
Posted By: Preston 2.0 Re: Pulleys - 05/16/06 10:05 PM
Could a normal auto shop do the crank Underdrive pulley for me? Or am I stuck having to do it on my own..?
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Pulleys - 05/16/06 11:09 PM
Any shop can do it, it's very simple. Though when it comes to aftermarket parts, not every shop is willing to do it.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: Pulleys - 05/16/06 11:59 PM
Originally posted by percybigun:
dont do it if you are running alot of ice, it will under-drive the alternator.

...get an alternator Overdrive pulley
Posted By: Augi Re: Pulleys - 05/17/06 08:13 AM
Should I get an adjusable one or just a regular one?
Posted By: jd2-98s Re: Pulleys - 05/18/06 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Augi:
What kind of gains has everyone recieved from pulleys? I need to replace the tensioner and thought that I may as well do all of them.

I did a UR crank (underdrive) with a aem alt (overdrive) and like the setup. easy too self install. I can give u the belt number also if you have a/c that was the only issue.
Posted By: shamun Re: Pulleys and flywheels AND FRPP ZX3 head - 05/18/06 02:21 AM

I did a UR crank (underdrive) with a aem alt (overdrive) and like the setup. easy too self install. I can give u the belt number also if you have a/c that was the only issue.

Reply of Shamun:
I recently purchased a UR U/D crank pulley. I am interested in rotational weight loss. Is the forementioned AEM Alternator pulley (O/D) any lighter than stock?
Since each pound of (rotating (or recip) weight loss equals 2.8 HP, how many HP can be expected from a Fidanza aluminum 8.5 pound flywheel? That is, how much does the stock flywheel weigh? LASTLY, I purchased the ZX3 head from FRPP and was wondering how much to mill so that I can get 11:1 compression. I plan to use my Crane Stage 2 cams.
THANKS!

© CEG Archives