Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: percybigun_dup1 supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 02:27 PM
heres the results, 206.7bhp at flywheel, 157bhp at wheels, at 7PSI of boost with the chip remap. this is without nitrous.

other mods are 4-2-1 manifold, decat, powerflow exhaust system, blitz filter, stage 2 comp cams (dyno operator confirmed they arent too extreme for this application), unichip, 30lb injectors, pro-MAF, 65mm F.C. TB

Damn are those some nice numbers, and quite a sexy curve too!!!! Bravo!
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 03:47 PM
What boost are you going to stay at? 7#'s or can it goo higher. Is it usual that 50HP be lost in the drivetrain?
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 05:20 PM
Once again, HP # and curve is very nice, but TQ leaves a bit to be desired (but thats the nature of an s/c).
Very impressive build up, congrats!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 06:16 PM
Nice.......157 is very nice.
Posted By: Swazo Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 06:41 PM
Good god is that a sweet all around setup!
Posted By: percybigun_dup1 Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 06:55 PM
will probably stay at 7psi, but may increase it after i get water injection.

it was only losing about 40bhp through the drivetrain before the supercharger, so i'm guessing the more power you get, the more you lose through the transmission? could these big heavy 18" wheels be losing me some BHP? they weight absolutely loads. gonna get a lightened flywheel soon so that should help.

it was a really really warm day when it was dynoed (rare for here) so the figures are probably a bit low.

the car really does have some nice power so i am well chuffed.
Posted By: Seawulf_dup1 Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/18/05 10:37 PM
That 200 number did seem a bit high, even for those mods, but that 157 is way low, even at the wheels. Typically it's around 18-20% drivetrain loss, so you're wheel numbers should be at least 168 or so.

Is there a difference between our hp figures and your "b"hp figures? Also what kind of dyno was it? Dynojets typically read a bit high vs mustang dynos. You should be in the area of 170whp with those mods, but it's the differences in dynos and hp/bhp if any.

Good going either way.
Good work Percy! That is an incredible looking car.

I'm guessing that because it isn't an engine dyno, the crank HP number is a claculated one. Considering that a stock NA zetec makes about 100WHP, 157 on 7psi is just about dead on.

Boost is goooood.

BP
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/19/05 06:21 AM
That kind of seems off since I think about it.....I have an ATX putting down 160 at 7psi.....he has a MTX putting down 157 at 7psi......
Posted By: m!key Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/19/05 01:05 PM
different horse power measurements between the states and the UK but you knew that.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/19/05 01:28 PM
I knew that but I knew that they were not too much different.
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: supercharged zetec dyno figures - 06/19/05 05:04 PM
You definately have my vote for nicest overall Zetec equipped car on this forum.

I second that!
© CEG Archives