Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: popecruz LSD - Focus SVT - 12/29/04 05:35 PM
Hey guys, I didn't feel like posting on the focus forums. THis place is alot nicer. CEG is by far the best forum i have ever been on. And since i previously owned a zetec atx tour, i figured id post here

I just bought an 02 focus svt, and while she does pull pretty fast (not as fast as my friends modded cobra )I have really bad torque steer. On SPmotorsports they have the Quaife limited slip dif, but it says its for 5-speeds only. Do you guys think/know if it would work on the svt. I really think this car would be 10x what it is if it had one. Silly svt.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: LSD - Focus SVT - 12/29/04 05:58 PM
Originally posted by popecruz:
Do you guys think/know if it would work on the svt. I really think this car would be 10x what it is if it had one. Silly svt.

Not going to fit the totally different Getrag 6 spd. Transaxle forum would have been the spot for this post. Quife has one according to their site.

Ford - Focus SVT 6 speed pn#56.309.190 $1,195.00

Same part and price as the Mini Cooper since both cars share that tranny. Maybe someone else makes an LSD for the Cooper 6 spd that's cheaper.

Starting Jan. 05 an LSD on the Cooper S will be an option so hopefully prices on them will fall like the Quife did for the MTX when the Focus RS had them from the factory.
Posted By: popecruz Re: LSD - Focus SVT - 12/29/04 07:07 PM
thanks todras, yah its definitely not worth over 1000 dollars.
Posted By: Acnon Re: LSD - Focus SVT - 12/30/04 12:35 AM
Yup. I have an 02' SVT and have thought about doing the Quaife install. It's definitely something you want someone ELSE to do, and that said, will run Min. 1600.00 out the door.

Requires new carrier bearings, shims, removal and installation of tranny.

Unless you're doing serious track-time I'd stay away from it.

BTW: have you tried www.focaljet.com for Focus boards?
A lot of nice knowledgable people there. (And a lot with SVT's and LSD's installed!)
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: LSD - Focus SVT - 01/03/05 07:44 PM
Quaife is add-@ss.
Love it in my Contour, noticable difference in lauches and corners.
Posted By: Pale Horse Re: LSD - Focus SVT - 01/06/05 08:08 PM
Originally posted by SleeperZ:
Quaife is add-@ss.
Love it in my Contour, noticable difference in lauches and corners.

I Concur!!!!!!!!!!!
© CEG Archives