Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TBoomer Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 03:10 AM
I'm about to order a trubendz exhaust. With a stock engine and manifolds, would the non-res. be terribly loud? Also, is there much difference in sound between the Magnaflow and Bosal kits?

Thanks!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 03:15 AM
Bosal is apparently pretty loud, louder than the magnaflow system.

If you dont plan on doing headers or Y-pipe, go Bosal. If you plan on getting headers, go Trubendz.

And the Non-res will be much louder and more raspy.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 03:30 AM
I made a mistake in my original post. I meant Borla mufflers, not Bo on the Trubendz...So, Magnaflow or Borla Trubendz kit...and how loud is the non-res?

Thanks, and sorry about the confusion.
Posted By: JEFFtourCT Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 03:33 AM
get the borla non res.. its sounds good. its not raspy at all. ask any of the guys that was at JDs in newport..

it's got a nice pur when idleing.. and sounds very sexy when cruzing around 3 grand.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 04:57 AM
I can speak for the Magnaflow non-res. Sounds great at idle, and perfect through the RPM range. It is a great sounding exhaust. Now borla muffler is louder than that, and the flowmaster is even louder. I think the magnaflow non-res is as lud as you want to be, and as I said, it sounds great. I have NEVER experienced any rasp with my setup (while it was all stock and trubendz magnaflow non res). If you want, you can order the magnaflow resonated system, and if it's too mellow, I will trade your rear pipes which have the resonators on them, for mine with no resonators and I'll throw in some cash as well to make it fair.

But Magnaflow non-res w/ stock everything else(exhaust-wise) is great.
Posted By: TBoomer Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 05:31 AM
Well, before I order this, I am going to stop by a couple of exhaust shops to get a price quote to replace my res. and mufflers with better equipment...
This is mainly just to check if I can get comparable performance at a lower price, plus I am not crazy about the Trubendz tips.

Any thoughts on muffler and resonator models I should be looking for?
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 05:54 AM
resonator and muffler suggestions are in the sticky/FAQ.

Also, if you don't like the tips that Trubendz comes with, you can have them put on other style tips. They cost a little more depending on which you get. Ask them for details.

Here's a pic of mine with their tips...

Posted By: Tourige Re: Trubendz order options - 08/18/06 02:00 PM
They gave me 3.5" Double walled tips for free.
© CEG Archives