Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: tigerbalm exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 02:05 PM
I'm getting ready to upgrade my exhaust on my 98 csvt and was wondering what brand everyone thinks gives the best sound and or power. Mainly looking for a great sound.
Posted By: Nick98CSVT Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 02:11 PM
Most people will say tru bends. Many options to choose from.
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 02:37 PM
I had a Magnaflow cat and resonator. Nice deep throaty sound. If i had to recommend a system it would be borla or trubendz. both great and heard car with both. not sure of the added hp.
Posted By: tigerbalm Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 02:50 PM
yeah i know they dont really get much more hp from new exhaust. I was thinking about borla and asked one shop guy about ordering them but he cant get them.
Posted By: SVT3Rivieres Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 04:09 PM
borla is discontinued
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
borla is discontinued

Bosal makes a nice sounding exhaust... But Id say its better to pick up one of Trubendz's pipeing kits and get a couple of mufflers and resonators of your choice, seems that magniflow is the choice brand for the duratec, and I dont blame them it sounds awesome. Rawburt's SVT has magniflow mufflers and a resonator, and headers. Sounds beautiful.
Posted By: Tourige Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/23/06 07:02 PM
Trubendz resonated Magnaflow, just be catious it might nit fit PERFECTLY. my tips arnt alligned properly (one sticks out 1/2" to far

But for sound its a 10/10
Posted By: 98SVTtour Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/24/06 04:37 AM
What is everyones opinion on a bosal.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/24/06 05:23 AM
Originally posted by 98SVTtour:
What is everyones opinion on a bosal.

more expensive than trubendz and doesn't give you any more gains than trubendz...
Posted By: 98SVTtour Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/24/06 05:30 AM
Does is sound good though? I searched for bosal and got all the sound clips but none of them worked for me.
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/24/06 05:37 AM
There are so many options with trubendz. Most people like the magnaflow muffer, and choose either w/ or w/o resonators. I have a trubendz magnaflo w/ no resonators and it sounds great at idle and great through the rpm band. (with stock precats/ypipe/cat) to me it gets a little annoying if your at like 3k rpm while on the interstate for an extended period of time though.

Now I am going to have a trubendz ypipe w/ high flow cat, and msds headers in front of my kit, and it is going to be loud.

my advice...

If you are just going to mod the catback part of the exhaust, you don't need resonators (although it would sound even more mellow with)

but if your going to get headers in the future, get the resonated cat-back...
Posted By: Tourige Re: exhaust upgrade? - 07/24/06 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 98SVTtour:
Does is sound good though? I searched for bosal and got all the sound clips but none of them worked for me.

its loud, dont expect to like driving if you plan on doing headers and a y-pipe.

Also Bosal hangs REALLY REALLY LOW because of its weight. But man, is it ever built nice.
© CEG Archives