Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: ridered81 Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 12:08 AM
I am currently in the market for an aftermarket muffler. I can not afford a full exhaust system currently but i am looking for some improvement on the sound of my exhaust. I'm wondering if any of you experts out there could tell me what my best bet would be in getting a new muffler. I am looking for something that sounds good, as in, not something that sounds like rice. Thanks in advance for any help!
Posted By: Tourige Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 12:10 AM
SEARCH

Magnaflow mufflers will make the car sound NICE.

I dont remember the correct sizes, but they are around here, just search and you will find it.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 12:17 AM
i checked out the sticky, it looks like #10435 and #11225 are the most popular. Does anyone know if either of the two hang down farther than the other? I'd like them to be as hidden as possible...
Posted By: captainoblivious Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 12:38 AM
Originally posted by ridered81:
i checked out the sticky, it looks like #10435 ...

That one is used to replace the stock resonator. Not sure if anyone has used it to replace mufflers.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 02:21 AM
Are you looking for a muffler that has as tip included?
Something that looks stock?
Looks aftermarket?
Loud or quiet?

Magnaflow sounds good, but I prefer the meatier sound of the Edelbrock.

Edelbrock
Magnaflow
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 03:23 AM
SVT exhaust.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 05:22 AM
i really dont want anything that will stand out looks wise, i just want to improve the sound. the more subtle looking the better. Something with a tip included would be nice but i can get a tip for the magnaflow right? I would definitely prefer a meatier sounding muffler, not something that will sound raspy. thanks for the links pete
Posted By: ovalracer98csvt Re: Need Expert Advice - 07/21/06 05:25 AM
IMO, svt exhaust with a magnaflow resonator in place of the stock one. Sounds great and really brings out the sound of the duratech. Deep tone but not to loud and raspy.
© CEG Archives