Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: FrostCougar MAF Adaptor Question - 06/04/06 08:35 PM
Hi, I think this is the 1st time I've posted on here. I frequently post on the newcougar forums.

I have a K&N RU-3530 filter I'm going to be using, and I was wondering if the 85mm MAF adaptor is the correct one to use for this filter, the one that SPMotorsports, BAT, etc. sells. I searched for this information a bit, and the 85mm was the only one I came up with. I'm just not sure if this will fit the filter.

Thanks.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: MAF Adaptor Question - 06/04/06 08:47 PM
I got that one from CTA motorsports and it fits.... you just have to tighten quite a bit
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: MAF Adaptor Question - 06/05/06 01:30 AM
Welcome .
Posted By: posthuman63t Re: MAF Adaptor Question - 06/05/06 01:39 AM
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:
I got that one from CTA motorsports and it fits.... you just have to tighten quite a bit

What he said...you have to tighten the hell out of it but it fits.
Posted By: ConcepTrs913 Re: MAF Adaptor Question - 06/05/06 01:58 AM
what you really should do is what i wanted to do....

Purchase a maf adapter from autozone and then fab it to make it fit on the tour. I havent heard of anyone doing it but i think it wouldnt be too hard.

One reason is because its cheaper and it will take much less time

It took me about 2 months to receive my maf adapter because it was out of stock .
Posted By: FrostCougar Re: MAF Adaptor Question - 06/05/06 02:31 AM
I just purchased the adaptor from CTA Motorsports earlier today, so hopefully it isn't out of stock. I'm sure I can mock something up to close the gap more, along with tightening it down real well.

Thanks for the quick responses.
Posted By: Reebs Re: MAF Adaptor Question - 06/05/06 04:02 AM
Originally posted by FrostCougar:

Thanks for the quick responses.

That is what we're all about! Forget the Cougar Forums.
© CEG Archives