Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
I was wondering if anyone knew a place in Illinois near Schaumburg where i could get a chip tuned or reflashed??

Also anyone know how much it would cost?
Diablo Sport site has a map with tuner locations. There must be at least 5 within 45 minutes of your location.
is it an sct chip?
Drive to Brenspeed in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Cant be all that far, and will be well worth it.
Posted By: jtour Re: Anywhere in Illinois to reflash and tune? - 04/13/06 12:13 PM
I think they are a couple of shops in Elgin that do that kind of stuff...just can't remember the name or exact location.

logan motorsports in elgin will do it and has good service if you end up having any issues
it is a diablo chip that i want to purchase from a ceg'er that i can have tuned a few miles away by a diablo certified shop which i just found out.

what do you guys think, the chip is 75 dollars.... worth the money to get it in my car?

will it make a difference?

I know this has been asked a lot, but i always seem to read new reasons why or why not to get it, so id like to hear some more.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Anywhere in Illinois to reflash and tune? - 04/13/06 01:56 PM
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:
Drive to Brenspeed in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Cant be all that far, and will be well worth it.

They're actually about an hour west of Fort Wayne, so it's closer to Illinois than he thinks.

Mark
it depends on the other mods you have on your car in order to know if it will be worth it,
the best way to get the most out of a chip is have it custom tuned to your car,
my recomendation is buy an sct chip and take it to logan motorsports in elgin, if u want high quality work then thats the place to go
well is 75 dollars a good deal for a diablosport chip?
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:

if your going to get it tuned, just save the $75 and get the pcm reflashed.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Originally posted by ContourSVT93:

if your going to get it tuned, just save the $75 and get the pcm reflashed.

could brenspeed do that... how much would it be and would i get some noticeable power or...?
yes, brenspeed could do that via an X-Cal.

Mark has his 3.0L tuned from Brenspeed using the X-cal. His car was already running almost spot on before his tune, but he still picked up 10 whp.

I think its something around the ballpark of $325 or so. If memory serves, he'll give you 3 initial tunes and will send you more tunes if you need some fine tweeking. The X-cal can also make fine tweeking even without more tunes and can be used as a code reader as well. Its a pretty nice unit.
© CEG Archives