Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: wingchunman SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 02:47 AM
Hey all. I need to replace my throttle body on my 2.5 and I'm wondering if it would be beneficial to replace it with an SVT TB and also if it would even be possible. I would assume that there would be a performance gain (a tertiary benefit to an existing problem) since the SVT TB is bigger but I'm not quite sure with this thing. I do realize that if I replaced it with an SVT TB that I would have to also replace my existing air box as well, but that is of little concern to me...only a buck-fifty or so extra anyway...
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 02:55 AM
Expect to get a couple HP throughout the powerband.

It's not really a stand alone mod but it does gain a little. Plus better throttle response.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 03:17 AM
and throttle cable brakets. for cruise to work as effectively.

Ray
Originally posted by Ray:
and throttle cable brakets. for cruise to work as effectively.

Ray

You need the cable and the bracket in order to make it work at all. I didn't realize this and have to cut and paste my SE tb bracket....ermm so to speak.

Order the SVT parts and it is all bolt on.
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 05:20 AM
Is there a big difference between the 3.0 Taurus throttle body and the SVT throttle body?
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Is there a big difference between the 3.0 Taurus throttle body and the SVT throttle body?

There are significant differences between the two TBs.
Posted By: Jeb Hoge_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 01:41 PM
How about an optimized SE TB versus a stock SVT one? Just for comparison's sake.
Posted By: Stazi Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 01:50 PM

They are the same diameter - that's about it.
BUT to make it work on the plastic UIM, I took the throttle shaft, spring and bracket from the SVT TB and put it into the Tuarus TB (also needed to use the SVT throttle cable - as you know Steve). I also had to use the SVT TPS as now the trottle plate rotates in the opposite direction to how it used to.

I am S M R T - smart!
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/25/05 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
How about an optimized SE TB versus a stock SVT one? Just for comparison's sake.

The SVT has only roughly a 30% greater flow area.
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/27/05 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

I am S M R T - smart!

LMMFAO that was one of the funniest things homer ever said , i mean stazi said
Posted By: BK4293_dup1 Re: SVT throttle body vs. regular 2.5? - 08/27/05 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:

They are the same diameter - that's about it.
BUT to make it work on the plastic UIM, I took the throttle shaft, spring and bracket from the SVT TB and put it into the Tuarus TB (also needed to use the SVT throttle cable - as you know Steve). I also had to use the SVT TPS as now the trottle plate rotates in the opposite direction to how it used to.

I am S M R T - smart!

I knew that!!!!

What the heck did he say???
© CEG Archives