Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Jediboy What does recontent mean??? - 05/27/03 07:24 PM
I have tried to look up the word but I give up. I have seen this mentioned many places but noone will explain the meaning of the word. RECONTENT DECONTENT!?!? Someone please throw me a frikin' bone!
Posted By: Contouraholic_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/27/03 07:29 PM
Ford removed features from the cars to reduce cost (Decontenting: For instance light in glove box. Newer contours 99 on..no light, older contours: light)

Recontenting is putting back in a newer vehicle the items Ford pulled out to cheapen the car.
Posted By: hetfield_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/27/03 07:31 PM
Decontent: when a manufacturer removes certain features in a car.

Recontent: when a car owner (or manufacturer sometimes) puts in what the manufacturer has removed.

The best example of this in our cars is in the '98 model year when Ford took out (decontented) the dash clock and replaced it with a plastic bezel that said "Contour" on it. Someone wrote a howto to put the clock in the '98E1 and newer 'tours (recontent).
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/28/03 02:51 AM
Here are a couple of links that describe the decontenting that took place from 1995-2000:

http://www.contour.org/FAQ/FAQ.php?s=models
http://www.contour.org/php/displaypics.php?dir=/FAQ/img/decont

Additionally, the front bumper braces were decontented in 1999 SVT

Regards, Art
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/28/03 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Art Hazebrook:

I added those in the first month I owned the car. Along with strengthening the center brace.

I can't believe Ford intentionally left off those braces.
Posted By: PA 3L SVT_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/28/03 05:43 AM
Hey, I've got these now!
Posted By: maxx_power76 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/28/03 10:34 PM
The thing that bugs me is that Ford didn't put fold down rear seats in 99. I ordered my car from the dealer and they said I couldn't get them.
Posted By: Contouraholic_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/29/03 12:56 AM
Originally posted by maxx_power76:
The thing that bugs me is that Ford didn't put fold down rear seats in 99. I ordered my car from the dealer and they said I couldn't get them.

Can't be right, my 99 has fold down seats.
Posted By: maxx_power76 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/29/03 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Contouraholic:

Can't be right, my 99 has fold down seats.

I don't know. My father-in-law was the leasing manager at the dealer and thats who we bought it from. But we ordered it in Dec 98 so it was a "99". Maybe the put them back in late 99.
Posted By: Art Hazebrook_dup1 Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/29/03 01:57 AM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

I added those in the first month I owned the car. Along with strengthening the center brace.

Ditto!!
Posted By: CLASSVT Re: What does recontent mean??? - 05/29/03 04:04 PM
Originally posted by DemonSVT:

Ditto!!

Tell me how. Do I need to buy the braces or can I simply go to Ford and tell them to recontent the flucking braces onto my front bumper? I need them, my sh!t is loose.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Bumper Braces - 05/30/03 03:23 AM
I would just go buy them and install them yourself.

Simple to do.

The braces are like $6 each IIRC (you need 2) and you will need to pick up 4 short bolts and nuts (I recommend stainless)

...You are in luck...

I just pulled out the old invoice.

Part Number - F8RZ-17765-AA
Posted By: MCconnection cc Re: What does recontent mean??? - 06/03/03 07:30 AM

Mine is a 99 and I have the fold down rear seats and power antenna. I test drove another 99 SE Sport that didn't have neither.
© CEG Archives