Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Tourige ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/08/06 03:01 AM
My SVT used to be owned by a fatass who ruined the bolstering in the front seats. Anyways, i pulled the seats to clean underneith them today and noticed that the leather had come apart from the foam and the base, like i could see it all piece for piece. So i got to thinking, "hey, maybe ill rebolster the seats seeings as how the leather is coming off and i can see the foam"

Just wondering if anyone has any insite for doing this, what foam to use, what to use for bolstering, if i can just slide the whole leather cover off the seat.

Thanks in Advance
Posted By: xchang_dup1 Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/08/06 03:46 AM
Probably would be cheaper to get a used seat in good shape. Unless your gonna sew the leather together again.
Posted By: Tourige Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/08/06 04:49 AM
even the stock bolstering isnt that good tho.. hmmmm...
Posted By: starjammir Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/08/06 01:22 PM
Pick up some 95's from a bone yard. Got my front, back, and pass for under 100 bucks
Posted By: Tourige Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/08/06 02:07 PM
Originally posted by starjammir:
Pick up some 95's from a bone yard. Got my front, back, and pass for under 100 bucks

Its hard enough finding contours in the Junkyards up here, Less a 95 with Tan Leather.

I just wanna try this and if i [censored] up... well i can just throw it all back together, only thing i got to lose is my crappy stock seats..
Posted By: Tourige Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/10/06 09:17 PM
anyone?
Posted By: striker2 Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/12/06 12:38 AM
i got a guy at school that has a 95 with the tan leather tha he might be parting out. i can talk to him tomarrow for you and see how much he wants for the seats if you want me too.
Posted By: Tourige Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/12/06 02:11 AM
Originally posted by striker2:
i got a guy at school that has a 95 with the tan leather tha he might be parting out. i can talk to him tomarrow for you and see how much he wants for the seats if you want me too.

Do it please, god i want those.
Posted By: saturnspeed_12 Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/13/06 05:02 AM
im not certain on leather, but here in ohio especially over on the western side (lima area) ive found dozens upon dozens of contours and mystiques. kind of shocked me with how many i found. like to get the wheels off of one.
Posted By: J3SVT Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/13/06 06:22 PM
do you mean reupholster?
Posted By: muntus Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/13/06 06:40 PM
Originally posted by hot3dog3lucky3:
do you mean reupholster?

No, he doesn't, ignoramus.
Posted By: Big Jim_dup1 Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/13/06 07:48 PM
Originally posted by muntus:
do you mean reupholster?

That's awfully harsh. How about a definition of bolster instead?

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/Bolster
Posted By: muntus Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/13/06 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Big Jim:
do you mean reupholster?

That's awfully harsh. How about a definition of bolster instead?

http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/Bolster

No no no, I wasn't trying to be harsh. Ignoramus is an older term used by people from the WW2 generation meaning someone that doesn't know. I guess now, since people don't say it anymore, it seems severe, but it really describes someone who doesn't know(ignorant). It doesn't mean someone who is dumb. If the dude had read the first post, it would have been clear that he wasn't talking about reupholstering, but something else. Then he could have looked up what bolstering means instead of assuming that the original poster was the ignorant one.
Posted By: J3SVT Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/15/06 05:20 AM

No no no, I wasn't trying to be harsh. Ignoramus is an older term used by people from the WW2 generation meaning someone that doesn't know. I guess now, since people don't say it anymore, it seems severe, but it really describes someone who doesn't know(ignorant). It doesn't mean someone who is dumb. If the dude had read the first post, it would have been clear that he wasn't talking about reupholstering, but something else. Then he could have looked up what bolstering means instead of assuming that the original poster was the ignorant one.

I read the post, I just couldn't find a definition for rebolster. My bad, didn't mean to call anybody out, just really wanted to know if he meant reupholster. I think i've earned one of these...i guess...
Posted By: RogerB_dup1 Re: ReBolstering the stock seats. - 05/15/06 02:31 PM

I read the post, I just couldn't find a definition for rebolster. My bad, didn't mean to call anybody out, just really wanted to know if he meant reupholster. I think i've earned one of these...i guess...

It's ok. Ignoramusness is curable.
© CEG Archives