Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Speed Demons_dup1 Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/24/06 05:02 PM
I just realized my spark plug wires were arching when my brother inlaw suggested checking for small arching or sparks by the plugs in the Dark. Sure enough I had at least two bad wires arching.

EDITED for "posting painfully wrong information" haha
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/24/06 05:19 PM
That's great, but what do those cars/engines have to do with ours?

The issue of bad Magnecors has been almost NIL/none with our platform.
The 2.5L Engine, Am I wrong?

It's just what I experienced on my car last night and found this info today.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/24/06 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Speed Demons:
The 2.5L Engine, Am I wrong?

Painfully wrong!
Posted By: starjammir Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/24/06 05:39 PM
The probe engine is made by mazda
My bad...
Will call it a early morning with no coffee as I back out of the room.

Either way my spark plug wires were arching... no else has experienced this?
Posted By: TourDeForce Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/26/06 01:59 PM
Only complaints about the Magnecores I can recall - The price.

Not really a valid complaint either as they can be hand for not much more than Ford factory wires - and you're getting a better wire.
Posted By: morbid Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/26/06 04:34 PM
how about the wet noodle connectors? Magnacores are a PITA to get onto the spark plugs. Thought I heard others complain about it.... or I might have just gotten a bastard set.
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/26/06 05:23 PM
I've had my Magnecor wires for 4+ years without any issues. That includes R&Ring them countless times. Well over 30 times easily.

They still work flawlessly.
Posted By: morbid Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/27/06 05:07 AM
So the boots on yours don't compress when you're pushing them over the spark plugs? My boots are very soft... even trying to snap them on a plug that I'm holding is difficult. And the boots are greased. I might just have an anomaly then.
Posted By: 2X95SEs_dup1 Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/27/06 01:54 PM
No problems with mine either. I think they are 6 years old? The Bosch +4s have been there just as long. I pulled one a few montsh ago and they looked good.
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/27/06 06:35 PM
If you think that your +4's are "fine" after 6 YEARS, then its no wonder you think your wires are "fine" too.

I question your baseline/mode of comparison to "fine"!!

uch:

Posted By: auiotour Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/29/06 05:06 AM
I have them as well, and lately I am noticing that I am not getting very much spark in cyclinder 1. I the wire over to the originall and my cyclinder 1 seems to be doing fine again no CEL at all. But when I swapped back thinking maybe it was a fkuke it cam back. So I am currently running on 5 Magnecores and 1 motorcraft. I already have 1 in the mail to replace it. Hopefully this will do the trick.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: Bad Magnecore Wires? Read this. - 01/29/06 02:38 PM
Nothing is perfect, you are bound to get a bad one every now and then. However, we have years of trouble free use on Magnecores for some and we have years of repetitive replacement for stock, FMS, and similar wires.

For my next wire change it is a no-brainer to me.
© CEG Archives