Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
How do I do it without wrecking it? Thanks
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Taking off Front Licence plate bracket? - 01/06/06 10:13 PM
I just gently drilled out the plastic rivets.
You can also gently pry them out. Slowly work them out a bit with a screw driver then you can wiggle them the rest of the way.
Posted By: ElKy Re: Taking off Front Licence plate bracket? - 01/07/06 01:28 AM
you can push the little pin in the center thru the rivet and then pop the rivet out.
pull!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah im in the middle of taking mine off too, if it wasen't wrecked, my drunken aunt hit the front of her her bf's truck and dented it making a little crack, when i take it in to get fixed..im gonna have them remove it
Posted By: elraido Re: Taking off Front Licence plate bracket? - 01/11/06 07:27 AM
ummmm....remove license plate, then remove two bolts holding license plate frame up.....that is all I had to do.
I ended up just pulling till it came off.
Posted By: ZeroHour Re: Taking off Front Licence plate bracket? - 01/11/06 12:53 PM
man..

mine had 2 plastic and 1 metal rivet.

I pulled the first plastic one, and then got a drill Took both out very easily. Just don't be a tard and keep drilling once the bolt lets go.
Originally posted by skrilla187:

yes i was right!!!
Originally posted by incubusjunkie614:
Originally posted by skrilla187:

yes i was right!!!

Ended up breaking the bracket but oh well!
When I bought my car (from a dealer I might add) it didn't have the front license plate bracket. So if I ever get ticketed for it, I'm gonna play ignorant and say..."well officer, when I bought it they didn't put my front plate on so I didn't think I needed one there"
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
When I bought my car (from a dealer I might add) it didn't have the front license plate bracket. So if I ever get ticketed for it, I'm gonna play ignorant and say..."well officer, when I bought it they didn't put my front plate on so I didn't think I needed one there"

Just make a bracket so you can put it in the bottom grill....that would be tits if you need a front plate.
© CEG Archives