Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: bensenvill part availibility [how long] - 03/17/05 12:23 AM
I think I asked this question a few years ago and was told "dont worry about it" but I am.

I'm looking at at least a 5-year plan for beefing up my car [its my baby and I cant part with it]. I'm worried that down the road certian performance parts will no longer be availible.

Are there certian "must-haves" I should start aquiring soon?
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/17/05 12:42 AM
well thanks to the cougar being produced a few years longer than the tour' and the cat being a popular "tuner" car we should be alright for a few more years...
Posted By: ExDelayed_dup1 Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/17/05 08:53 AM
I cant see one day waking up and finding out that there are no Contour performance parts left. There will always be a few, and probably only because of the SVT.

The Focus will help some of the Zetec people because of its shared drivetrain.

And if one day you do wake up and find there are no parts left, fabrication is always something else to look at.
Posted By: WestCoastAjax Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/17/05 05:02 PM
Yes , some parts are going to become hard to find,
-Cup holders
-front fenders (left)
-every clip that hold something
and when you fill your garage full, the piece you need will be the one you don't have.........
Posted By: bensenvill Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/19/05 04:46 AM
lol, well I got the stock parts out of the way already [I'm actually a cougar owner BTW]. I've managed to track down every stock upgrade I didnt have [which originally was none].

but I was more interested in the mechanical/aftermarket/performance parts.

I'm in no hurry to finish my car, but I know now might be my last chance to get an aussie bar so right now that has priority.

of course thats an obvious example, but are there other performance parts I should be concerning myself with?
Posted By: svt4stv Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/20/05 05:16 AM
Aussie sway bar. we're pushing just to get them made right now. go look at the groupbuy section.
Posted By: bensenvill Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/20/05 09:54 PM
oh but of course... I've got slot 38
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/20/05 10:36 PM
I don't know if we'll get pieces for everything for long. For example, I'm currently looking for a short ram air intake system for my zetec and the only company that produce them I found so far is CTA Motorsports, but they stoped the production. It will be hard to find custom parts to fit our cars. For the mecanic, it won't be a big problem I think, but for the body, we'll have hard time finding pieces.
Posted By: ContourGuy9817 Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/21/05 12:07 AM
find focus intakes:)
Posted By: DemonOfSteel Re: part availibility [how long] - 03/21/05 05:48 AM
Originally posted by ContourGuy9817:
find focus intakes:)

I looked for these, but they're not the same...
© CEG Archives