Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JustStock Dyno Time. - 05/31/06 11:38 AM
Well Tommorow i am going back to Md Motorsports to get my final dyno tune i get 2 hrs for $115.00 but i had to buy the chip. i get vip price because he is a family friend.

what i was going to ask is that i am sprying juice does he have to spray more than 2 times for the tune and also will he be able to change my rev limiter?

last question, i am going to the track friday and was wondering can i launch with nitro, i have spec 2 clutch,torsen diff,fdanza fly wheel, dss stage 2 cv axles, and other mods but thats the drivetrain mods.

with 235/45/16 fuzion ZRI.
Posted By: JustStock Re: Dyno Time. - 05/31/06 11:41 AM
i will be taking pics and videotaping for all non believers, also because i drool when my car tearing it up.

i will have dyno vid with pics. and 1/4 track time with pics and video, and time slip
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Dyno Time. - 05/31/06 02:54 PM
Originally posted by JustStock:
can i launch with nitro

Posted By: PDXSVT Re: Dyno Time. - 05/31/06 03:16 PM
Welcome to typoland.

I'll assume you mean nitrous oxide and not nitromethane.

About launching with nitrous, I guess your tires will tell you what you can do. And your anti-wheel hop mods.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno Time. - 05/31/06 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JustStock:
Well Tommorow i am going back to Md Motorsports to get my final dyno tune i get 2 hrs for $115.00 but i had to buy the chip. i get vip price because he is a family friend.

what i was going to ask is that i am sprying juice does he have to spray more than 2 times for the tune and also will he be able to change my rev limiter?

last question, i am going to the track friday and was wondering can i launch with nitro, i have spec 2 clutch,torsen diff,fdanza fly wheel, dss stage 2 cv axles, and other mods but thats the drivetrain mods.

with 235/45/16 fuzion ZRI.

Who said they didn't believe you? What we said we didn't believe, was your absolute bogus dyno graph you showed us before. You know, the one your 3 year old nephew probably drew with a crayon!
You aren't coming at me, or anyone else with anything new. I've had my car on the dyno, with my 3L ON NITROUS. There were pleanty of witnesses, as it was at Spring Zing '05. You know, where a LOT of CEG'ers come to get together?

But to answer your questions. Yes, they are going to want to spray more than once. They'll probably spray once to see what your AFR looks like. After that, they'll keep making adjustments, and spraying, to get things where you want them.
As for launching on the nitrous, HAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!! These things have a hard enough time being launched N/A, let alone with an instant shock of nitrous. Those 235 Fuzions have a 260 tread rating, so traction isn't going to be your best attribute at the track.
I'll be interested to see the videos though. Good luck with the tuning, and everything at the track. Unfortunately I never made it to the track before I sold the bottle. Maybe I'll get another kit someday, we'll see.

Mark
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Dyno Time. - 06/01/06 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Those 235 Fuzions have a 260 tread rating, so traction isn't going to be your best attribute at the track.

Actually 320 rating, not that it makes a difference.
Posted By: JustStock Re: Dyno Time. - 06/01/06 03:03 AM
well thats answers that. i will post vid the night of the tune.

i guess im gonna invest in a NX�s digital progressive controller. or have a dual stage set up 35 for first stage and 50 for second stage. "total 85 shot with both engaged.

also i have connections on nx efi ford kit $320.00 plus shipping
thats what it was 6 months ago.

Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Dyno Time. - 06/01/06 01:55 PM
The Fuzions are very good drag tires. Drop them to ~20 psi and they'll hook with the best of 'em. Soft sidewalls, very sticky compound, and they let go very gradually once they start spinning. I've never felt a tire pull so hard while spinning as the Fuzions did. They make it very easy to recover from mistakes.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno Time. - 06/01/06 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
Actually 320 rating

Originally posted by Auto-X Fil:
The Fuzions are very good drag tires. Drop them to ~20 psi and they'll hook with the best of 'em. Soft sidewalls, very sticky compound, and they let go very gradually once they start spinning. I've never felt a tire pull so hard while spinning as the Fuzions did. They make it very easy to recover from mistakes.

If you're talking about with a mostly stock Contour, pretty much anything will hook up. When you're talking about something with ANY power, Fuzions, or ANY tire with a 320 treadware are NOT going to hook up. Trust me, I've had everything from my old Kumho's with a 300+ treadware, to my current 60 treadware tires, and everything in between. I would spin those sorry ass Kumhos with the 2.5L, where these 60 treadware tires wouldn't break loose in 2nd gear with the 3L AND nitrous. It's all in the tires!

Mark
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: Dyno Time. - 06/01/06 02:42 PM
Treadwear ratings have very little to do with grip. Not only are modern compounds capable of providing massive amounts of grip while wearing well, treadwear ratings fluctuate greatly. Most people who run ZRis get nowhere near the miles you'd expect from a tire rated at 320.
Posted By: JustStock Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/01/06 10:50 PM
here is the graph will post with vid

this is the graph
Posted By: JustStock Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/01/06 11:49 PM
Total of 12 runs the ones on the list is

{Run 3} N/A Tune With 6975 rev limiter
{Run 7} Nitrous Run with 50 shot with 6975 rev limiter

Tommorow will go back and he will raise rev limiter to 7500 i will rev to 7250. and fix my speedo it's peged at 160 and wont move. and do a couple more runs and get some more power.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/02/06 04:41 AM
Looks pretty good. You could actually go a little leaner on N/A to about 13.0:1 or 13.2:1 to see if you can get a little more power out of it. The nitrous AFR looks pretty good, better safe than sorry. You make the same HP on the bottle as I make N/A, but you've got my torque beat by 25ft lbs. You should be able to run some really low 14's, maybe even dip into the 13's with that power.

Mark
Posted By: JustStock Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/02/06 11:22 AM
yah better safe then sorry is correct!!
i am trying to get the video ready im having prob with the dvd cam's usb. so so should have it up soon.

over all im happy just a little more tuning today and im ready for the track tonight.

Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/02/06 01:54 PM
Looks pretty good. You could actually go a little leaner on N/A to about 13.0:1 or 13.2:1 to see if you can get a little more power out of it. The nitrous AFR looks pretty good, better safe than sorry. You make the same HP on the bottle as I make N/A, but you've got my torque beat by 25ft lbs. You should be able to run some really low 14's, maybe even dip into the 13's with that power.

Mark

Off spray you are 163 and 142?!!?

Then spraying you are 206 and 226??

I thought you dyno'd 225 hp NA man?!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/02/06 03:06 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTazi ohhh right:

Mark

Off spray you are 163 and 142?!!?

Then spraying you are 206 and 226??

I thought you dyno'd 225 hp NA man?!

I think he learned his lesson. He seems to be making an honest attempt to redeem himself. Let's just leave it at that.

Mark
Posted By: JustStock Re: Dyno Time. HERE'S THE NUMBERS - 06/02/06 06:46 PM
the origanal dyno was ran on a Myscan tool from myscantool.com which means that it's so inacurate it's not funny. sorry to misslead the first time but i got the real numbers now...
© CEG Archives