Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: JustStock First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 03:37 AM
[image]http://community.webshots.com/photo/425943048/425995436LZJEhy[/image]

Reson for up and down peaks is because imrc opens and closes during accel. i need a new one again. Dyno Pic
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 04:07 AM
That looks like a joke...and what mods have u done to make that much power...
Posted By: Harrry Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 04:10 AM
where in michigan did u get the dyno done at??
Posted By: JustStock Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 04:18 AM
Ok dyno was done in ohio, pauls automotive off of reed hartman highway done with a "Mustang Dyno", "Mods" Pnp Heads, 3ltr Valves, st220 springs, Heads were plained for higher compression 11.25-1, KKM cold air intake, High Flow y , ADC chip needs reburn though, walbro 255 fuel pump, ford racing 24# fuel injectors. ford racing wires, extreme hone of exhaust ports and intake ports, matched lower and upper intake ports also honed, 98.5 csvt. i do have Custom made Cams from comp that i still have to install.
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 12:54 PM
Are you sure the dyno wasn't done in MS Paint? J/k, That looks about right for the mods you've done.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 01:50 PM
Originally posted by JustStock- Wikkid-:
Ok dyno was done in ohio, pauls automotive off of reed hartman highway done with a "Mustang Dyno", "Mods" Pnp Heads, 3ltr Valves, st220 springs, Heads were plained for higher compression 11.25-1, KKM cold air intake, High Flow y , ADC chip needs reburn though, walbro 255 fuel pump, ford racing 24# fuel injectors. ford racing wires, extreme hone of exhaust ports and intake ports, matched lower and upper intake ports also honed, 98.5 csvt. i do have Custom made Cams from comp that i still have to install.

So this is on a 2.5L w/ PnP'd SVT heads & 3L valves?

Mark
Posted By: TjZ Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 02:05 PM
Here we go

Posted By: 99cougar Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/18/05 03:29 PM
221 HP, or even over 200 HP from a 2.5L and on a Mustang Dyno to boot?

I'm generous but even I'm not buying that one!
Did Paul downgrade his dyno software. Every dyno graph from Pauls Automotive should look something like this. And when does Paul's Automotive open? I would think 8 AM at the earliest. Your dyno pull is at 7:44 AM.

OWN3D!!!!

i was doubtfullat first, but i wasn't going to say anything.
Posted By: RTStabler51_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 01:49 AM
this is my dyno.

Can you tell where I modified the secondaires to open up? Talk about mad powa!
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 01:54 AM
hahahaha. That looks pretty good, almost real except for that crazy power section and the MS paint look to the graphs.

I was waiting for one of the more knowledgable CEGers to shoot this one down.
Posted By: JustStock Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 02:22 AM
Well Paul needed some plumbing work done and i work for r.l.s plumbing, also he owed me a favor for hooking up his theater and programing his crestron. as far as software goes i don't know but he did it after we were finished with the work. yes it is a 2.5. i have had 3 3.0 blow up on me.

i will be doing bracket racing this weekend so i will let you know what my 1/4 time is also will post slip.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 02:24 AM
Well Paul needed some plumbing work done and i work for r.l.s plumbing, also he owed me a favor for hooking up his theater and programing his crestron. as far as software goes i don't know but he did it after we were finished with the work. yes it is a 2.5. i have had 3 3.0 blow up on me.

i will be doing bracket racing this weekend so i will let you know what my 1/4 time is also will post slip.

take videos.
Posted By: JustStock Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 02:26 AM
thats not a problem. i have a dvd camera
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 03:40 AM
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
this is my dyno.

Can you tell where I modified the secondaires to open up? Talk about mad powa!

Originally posted by KindaMapOfTazi:

I think I could squeeze like 2-3 more Hp out of it if I didn't have this spark issue. I'm still working on it.

Mines better
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 03:50 AM
Originally posted by warmonger:
hahahaha. That looks pretty good, almost real except for that crazy power section and the MS paint look to the graphs.

Yea and the fact that the dyno was run on August 8, 200. It was proably one of the Roman chariot dynos.
Posted By: snakous Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 04:17 AM
Originally posted by JCSVT:

proably one of the Roman chariot dynos.

LOL
Posted By: Tour_Racer00 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 04:44 AM
Originally posted by snakous:
Originally posted by JCSVT:

proably one of the Roman chariot dynos.

LOL

hehe
Posted By: Auto-X Fil Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 11:52 AM
I'm not the engine guy, but doesn't bumping compression really increase power output? It seems like a lot of power (212tq to the wheels), but the graph looks okay to me. It would have taken a lot of work to fake that one, all the numbers seem to be correct. Not that it couldn't be a dyno from a different engine, but I think it's a real graph. Just my $0.02, waiting for proof one way or the other...
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 01:56 PM
Bumping compression generally does increase HP, but for a N/A 2.5L, those #'s look bogus!! Anyway, I was just at Paul's this Spring, and I don't believe he's using a Mustang Dyno . That also doesn't look like a graph from Paul's, as Jim mentioned. In fact, I'd be embarassed to hand that dyno graph out to anyone!!

The truth will come out, it's only a matter of time. With that kind of power, he'll be knocking on 13's doorstep. We'll see what his videos show!

Mark
Posted By: chrisilversvt_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Bumping compression generally does increase HP, but for a N/A 2.5L, those #'s look bogus!! Anyway, I was just at Paul's this Spring, and I don't believe he's using a Mustang Dyno . That also doesn't look like a graph from Paul's, as Jim mentioned. In fact, I'd be embarassed to hand that dyno graph out to anyone!!

The truth will come out, it's only a matter of time. With that kind of power, he'll be knocking on 13's doorstep. We'll see what his videos show!

Mark

good points....hopefully this isn't another i'll post a video of my miraculous numbers,and then come up with tons of excuses not to post it....

and now if warmonger is doubting this guys claims they must be fake...he is the one who always gives the benefit of the doubt to these kinds of posts...
Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 03:06 PM
This thread is full of BS

and ROFL at RTStablers graph!
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 03:56 PM
I made the first post..and I called BS.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 04:06 PM
I love the little loop in RT's graph

This guys dyno is by far the funniest thing i have seen in this post in a long time!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 04:10 PM
i think the WS6-beater was better.

this guy's graph looks like a 5 yr olds drawing of some mountains.
Posted By: GTO Pete Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 04:52 PM
Originally posted by chrisilversvt:
good points....hopefully this isn't another i'll post a video of my miraculous numbers,and then come up with tons of excuses not to post it....

Well said.

Not saying this guy is doing so, but I don't see the need to impress others with fake #s or times on CEG.
Posted By: SAV Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 05:30 PM
Originally posted by SVT PETE:
Not saying this guy is doing so, but I don't see the need to impress others with fake #s or times on CEG.

What?! ARE YOU CALLING ME OUT ON MY NUMBERS PETE?!?!111

Eat shorts while you digest this! I'll even provide the A1 marinade for ya.

Stupid CEG car guys. Gosh...think they know everything.

-SAV

Posted By: Pole120 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 06:17 PM
"FEBRUVEMBER"

i love it!!
Posted By: Ray_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 06:20 PM
I love how the torque comes back to the left, after the "secondaries" kick in.

Ray
Posted By: DemonSVT_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Ray:
I love how the torque comes back to the left, after the "secondaries" kick in.

Ray

Why do you think I took mine out years ago. I hated that reverse rpm torque every time they opened.
Posted By: carzyjay Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 10:31 PM
i just think its funny because he hasnt posted back.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/19/05 11:54 PM
Originally posted by carzyjay:

Would you?!
Posted By: Tisby Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 02:19 AM
Originally posted by KindaMapOfTazi:
Originally posted by carzyjay:

Would you?!

that tux kid posted again, about AWD. lmao
Posted By: JustStock Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 02:35 AM
Just Because i have a life outside of ceg doesn't mean im not posting back. with a newborn and work there is no time to post other then when im taking a sh!t. so other than the fact i am told im full of sh!t i really don't think i care thats life beleive it or not i don't care!!! just thought i would post to let you guys know.
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 03:05 AM
Well, I have never seen a 2.5L produce those kind of numbers on even the most liberal dynojet without some kind of power adder like nitrous or maybe a Vortec kit.
On top of that you posted it as a mustang dyno! I've never seen an SVT 2.5L break 160 wHP with a mustang dyno!
What is it that you are forgetting to tell us? If you have a legit story behind this then I'll listen but I can't believe you'd pull more on a mustang dyno with a 2.5 than most 3L's can on a dynojet!
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 04:16 AM
What is it that you are forgetting to tell us?

A: He added an additional hamster
B: Sprinkled fairy dust into the cylinder heads
C: Performed Voodoo witchcraft on his motor
D: All of the above

Mark
Posted By: Tisby Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
What is it that you are forgetting to tell us?

A: He added an additional hamster
B: Sprinkled fairy dust into the cylinder heads
C: Performed Voodoo witchcraft on his motor
D: All of the above

Mark

Ohh, umm, ahh... B! NO! WAIT! A, I swear, it's gotta be A!!!
Posted By: TGO Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 04:39 AM
why does 220FWHP sound weird? I personally know a guy (jaiko) who dyno'ed 212 FWHP on his early 3L, and then just look at demon. I dunno if he ever posted any numbers, but he's gotta have SOME power to run 13.5 in the 1/4.
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 04:59 AM
Originally posted by TGO:
why does 220FWHP sound weird? I personally know a guy (jaiko) who dyno'ed 212 FWHP on his early 3L, and then just look at demon. I dunno if he ever posted any numbers, but he's gotta have SOME power to run 13.5 in the 1/4.

You must have missed the part where we were arguing that his 2.5L is putting out more power on a Mustang dyno, than most 3.0L guys are putting out on dynojets.

Cliff notes: He claims 220fwhp from a 2.5L on a Mustang dyno.
Most of us 3.0L guys are doing 180-220fwhp on dynojets.

Mark
Posted By: JustStock Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 12:41 PM
The dyno he has is a mustang md-250-p it is brand new and me and about 20 other people have been tested on it.
He did the dyno run in third gear and my car imrc flutters open and close when accel.

as far as engine i did bore it over and have ross racing pistons put in it but i don't think that makes you have more power?

i Will go back when i put my new imrc back on so i can get a real run and pull it up to 7300rpm (i have a chip)
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 02:54 PM
OK. So if it is bored over then it is no longer a 2.5L and I would expect a little increase in power. If the compression ratio is higher then I'd also expect a boost in peak power. I opened up my dyno2000 software and modeled a 1mm overbore 2.5L with 11.5:1 compression with all the most generous settings for airflow and exhaust, and the best I can get this to simulate is about 230 crank Horsepower. That might be about 185-193 wheel horespower on a dynojet assuming a 16-18% driveline loss.
That puts it online with the best of the 2.5L engines to date with just 10:1 compression ratios. Even if I assume just 14% driveline loss you it only comes out to around 195-196 wHP. EVERY mustang dyno I've seen has more like a 22%-24% loss. This would put that same engine around 174-179 horsepower at the wheels.
So I think this is BS or your dyno sheet was the wrong one.

On the other hand the dyno just could be out of calibration. If that was a legit graph that he gave you then you should get a comparison dyno done. Also, never do only one run on a dyno. Three pulls is a minimum to ensure that the first one isn't a fluke. You can average the closest two dynos to get a close idea of your actual power. Then you also have to disgard sudden torque spikes because that causes errors in the dyno reading. If your IMRC was fluttering and it caused surging with sudden torque spikes then the whole dyno isn't accurate anymore.
Still can't believe that a bored over 2.5L would pull that. If you just do a back calculation and assume only 20% loss then you are telling me that your 2.5L is producing roughly 265-275 crank horsepower.
Posted By: beyondloadedSE_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 03:58 PM

I was just going back through your list of mods, was this done on stock exhaust manifolds?
Posted By: m!key Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 04:03 PM
extreme hone

Posted By: rkneeshaw Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/20/05 04:48 PM
no time to post other then when im taking a sh!t.

I see how this thread relates!
Posted By: JustStock Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/21/05 01:26 AM
I have msds headers, custom hi flow y, jic magic bullet exhaust. with all that said i will be going back to get another dyno done i just didn't have time. as far as the dyno being out of calibration is a good possiablity because it is his brand new portable dyno that he takes to shows!!!

when i get real exact numbers i will pot again
Posted By: m!key Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/21/05 02:05 AM
i will pot again

now the truth comes out! can i bum a hit off of you?
Posted By: ZetecTour Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/21/05 02:43 AM
Originally posted by mikey boy:
i will pot again

now the truth comes out! can i bum a hit off of you?

sure, just give me your morrettes...lol
Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 08/21/05 01:25 PM
I have msds headers, custom hi flow y, jic magic bullet exhaust. with all that said i will be going back to get another dyno done i just didn't have time. as far as the dyno being out of calibration is a good possiablity because it is his brand new portable dyno that he takes to shows!!!

when i get real exact numbers i will pot again

OK. That sounds fair enough to me. We have nothing better to do since we are an online forum other than to bullcrap on here and work on our own rides. We'll be open minded about the topic and the next independent dyno; at least I will.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 09/23/05 02:39 AM
Well, I have never seen a 2.5L produce those kind of numbers on even the most liberal dynojet without some kind of power adder like nitrous or maybe a Vortec kit.
On top of that you posted it as a mustang dyno! I've never seen an SVT 2.5L break 160 wHP with a mustang dyno!
What is it that you are forgetting to tell us? If you have a legit story behind this then I'll listen but I can't believe you'd pull more on a mustang dyno with a 2.5 than most 3L's can on a dynojet!

Sorry Warmonger but...
Mustang Dyno: 172hp/145tq my power was limited by the rev limiter...my car was still making HP when the rev limiter cut me off @ 6750rpm. Shop said I needed a chip and about 7200-7500 rpm limit. Raw Mustang dyno plots are real crapy looking until they smooth them out for the final plot...I have several plots that look very similar to his as well. Below is a raw plot from my base pull and a final plot from my pull after several mods.

My Mods:
Stock 2.5L 2000 SVT
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe (Jet-Hot coated),Bassani Cat-Back
Extrude Hone Max-Flow UIM (Jet-Hot coated)
BAT Intake Pipe, MAF adapter, K&N RU3530

RAW plot from base pull...

Posted By: warmonger_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 09/24/05 12:20 PM
Well, You at least you aren't claiming over 220 HP though. That is believeable especially if they corrected for dynojet numbers. Nice numbers anyway for stock.

Timeless just posted a 3L with an otherwise similar setup. It's in the 230s? I can't see the 2.5L being within 10 HP of roughly the same engine with another 0.5L displacement.
Posted By: scottd60_dup1 Re: First Dyno With Some Mods - 09/24/05 09:17 PM
Well, You at least you aren't claiming over 220 HP though. That is believeable especially if they corrected for dynojet numbers. Nice numbers anyway for stock.

Timeless just posted a 3L with an otherwise similar setup. It's in the 230s? I can't see the 2.5L being within 10 HP of roughly the same engine with another 0.5L displacement.

Thanks...I didn't think they were too bad either for the Mustang Dyno but I thought the torque seemed a little low
No correction for Dynojet numbers...straight Mustang Dyno number. I would think my numbers would be up about 10 HP or so on a Dynojet Dyno.

My car is not stock, it has the typical mods...
MSDS Headers & Y-Pipe (Jet-Hot coated),Bassani Cat-Back
Extrude Hone Max-Flow UIM (Jet-Hot coated)
BAT Intake Pipe, MAF adapter, K&N RU3530

With the bigger bore and higher compression pistons I could see it getting over 200 HP on a Dynojet but it may be stretching it a little on the Mustang Dyno. I would however not say it is impossible
© CEG Archives