Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT-3 just got my tint done - 04/04/04 11:42 PM
what do you guys think??? i just had the windows tinted at 15 % all the way around. kinda hard to see at night though...

Posted By: Nate'sTour Re: just got my tint done - 04/04/04 11:43 PM
Nice but illegal here in MO...

Oh, and get the hood lift kit, you'll love it! Nice SVT by the way

Posted By: SVTCuervo Re: just got my tint done - 04/04/04 11:46 PM
Dude I've always liked your white SVT....tint looks nice
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/04/04 11:48 PM
thanks guys. hey i like that lift kit. where can i pick one of those up. looks easy to install.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: just got my tint done - 04/04/04 11:57 PM
Looks good, but do you have a Rx?
Posted By: thejms Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:00 AM
Originally posted by SVT-3:
thanks guys. hey i like that lift kit. where can i pick one of those up. looks easy to install.

Ebay, from redlintuning. Easy to install.

Love the white also.
Posted By: Tuned3900SFI Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:08 AM
That car looks sick!
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:47 AM
can you tell i'm campaigning for car of the month. lol.

the next mod will be some axis seven mods in an 18 by 7.5 i may need coilovers though...
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:57 AM
Tint looks good. I have 20% all around (illegal in most states, but not NM ) and I think it's just right. 15% would be just too darn dark at night. But, the white/dark tint contrast always looks killer in my book.

Where'd you get that intake tube from? Is that a Taurus/Sable part? (i.e. for their 3L)
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 01:09 AM
a friend of mine dominic made it for my car. he actually took over my car for 6 months to polish and finish her off. i am running 3 liter uim/lim and 24 lb injectors off the e1 computer and no engine codes. anyway the reason i have started to post here more is because i finally met some of you guys from michigan about a month and a half ago. i am glad that both sites fco/ceg are cool with each other now because you guys seem pretty cool. anyway... the intake pipe is custom. we had to move the battery to the trunk to make it work. it used to look like this

Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 01:14 AM
Looks sweeet man!!! man that car is killer You think 15% is dark try out 5% sometime My old 300ZX was 5% all the way around. It was dark all the time in that car I'm probably going 5% with my car when I get it tinted.
Posted By: BaBySHO419 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 01:33 AM
Awesome!

love the white tours!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 01:51 AM
Originally posted by BaBySHO:
Awesome!

Agreed! Very nice!

And..welcome to the CEG!
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 01:59 AM
Sweet looking SVT man

Aaron
Posted By: SmoothSVT Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:05 AM
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:13 AM
i appreciate the welcome. i have been using the classifieds for a couple years now. i am just new to the boards. thanks. maybe i will see some of you at spring zing. i didnt register but i was planning on kinda just showing up.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:15 AM
I noticed the "FCO" sticker and thought "cool."
Welcome!

You know what I think would look great?
* paint the front ring white
* paint your front mesh material black
* paint your rear strip white or black
* and paint your rear mesh material white.

Posted By: NewPowerRadio Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:31 AM

Sweeeeeeet!!!

I think U need a spoiler. *wink*
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:34 AM
how much for the spoiler??
Posted By: m!key Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:35 AM
hey spike. welcome to the ceg. dont tell dom your here or he might get mad. now wait a sec. you sold your car to dom for 3 months and now you bought it back?? that is crazy. that car rocks the house for sure. i am happy i got to drive it once. the tint makes it look even better.

this is what i would do to it. black grill ring, grills, and black hightower headlights.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:38 AM
wanna photoshop my ideas onto his car? I'd love to see it...
btw, I'd like to officially add "hightower lights" to my list of things I'd do to your car...
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:41 AM
na, dom is cool with everyone over here. ya we switched back after he finished the car. he didn't miss out though because i had a 3 liter put in his red one when i had it. but i have to admit i didn't realize how much i missed the white car. mikey is it too late for reservations at spring zing??
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:44 AM
how much do the lights run anyway??
Posted By: m!key Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:44 AM
no it isnt too late. i think trapps is leaving the registration open until 4-5 days before the event. sign up soon though. if you go down to the SZ section all the info you will need is down there. it would be great if you could make it up there. you have to show your car off.
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:48 AM
hey mikey can you chop a factory spoiler in my car so i can see what it would look like. also i would definately like to make an appearance at spring zing.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 02:52 AM
Car looks great man, keep up the good work.
Posted By: m!key Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 03:06 AM

sorry about the poor quality. you get the idea though. i would stay with it the way it is. you could always go with a pre 98 lid with a lip spoiler.
Posted By: incubusjunkie614 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 03:18 AM
damn clean and sexay
Posted By: 5speed3.0SE�® Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 05:56 AM
your old car?

and your new car?

either way i like both. keep up the good work. we'd be glad to see you and dom at some more meets in the future.
Posted By: Alex T._dup1 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 06:09 AM
I say no spoiler, the car just looks so clean without it IMO.

Love the white!!!
Posted By: IonNinja Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 11:09 AM
i need tint too, that looks nice

which car is faster though, the white one?
Posted By: SVT24 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:00 PM

I love the look of a White SVT!!!! Nice tint too, White cars with tinted windows are nice too!
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:53 PM
hey i appreciate it guys. your positive opinions make me feel a little better about dropping so much money into the car...lol. anyway, i think that dom is planning on being there a lot more since the last michigan meet went so well. yeah i guess you could say i kinda owned the red svt too. the plan was for dom to take the white one and finish it, then return it to me. my payment to him was funding the 3 liter in his car, i got a sick price on the motor though. 550 for a 03 complete motor. i do miss the racing seats that were in the red svt though.

mikey... thanks for the chop but i think you are right. i am gonna leave it alone. i may change the color of the car to a more cadillac pearl type color though. not sure yet.
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 12:55 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
i need tint too, that looks nice

which car is faster though, the white one?

right now there is no question, the white one is much faster. but i wouldnt bet on that when dom puts his 3 liter uim/lim and injectors on his. you wouldn't believe the benefits of that setup. i drove the 3 liter red svt with the svt intakes/injectors.... honestly there is no compairison.
Posted By: BStoneMega Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 04:32 PM
Damn Spike, That is fo sho tight! Better then I imagined.
Brandon
Posted By: mbb41_dup1 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 05:16 PM
I haven't seen that car for some time. It still makes me go .
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 06:58 PM
Originally posted by BStoneMega:
Damn Spike, That is fo sho tight! Better then I imagined.
Brandon

thanks brandon. whenever you finish that car of yours maybe we can meet up to drive each other's rides... i've never driven a turbo tour.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 08:10 PM
I definitely think you should tink ther tail lights, that wouldlook sweet!
Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 08:27 PM
Originally posted by XKontour98:
I definitely think you should tink ther tail lights, that wouldlook sweet!

Hell yeah that would look sweet as hell. Nice svt
Posted By: CJ 2000 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 09:52 PM
How much did the white paint job cost?
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 10:42 PM
nothing for the paint job... a friend of a friend did it. all we had to do was pick the color and buy the paint.

side note.... isnt she pretty????

Posted By: Thinkmoto Re: just got my tint done - 04/05/04 11:43 PM
God damn Spike that car looks sweet man you and Dom gotta be tight with all the car swappin I seriously need to check that car out on a lift. So I can get more ideas for my car
Posted By: SVT-3 Re: just got my tint done - 04/06/04 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
God damn Spike that car looks sweet man you and Dom gotta be tight with all the car swappin I seriously need to check that car out on a lift. So I can get more ideas for my car

thanks man. yeah dom and i are great friends. i have no problem at all with you lookin at it for ideas. thats why we are all here. i finally got to drive it today because it was nice out. that thing hasn't seen a snowflake or a raindrop since it was repainted.
Posted By: NICEGUY Re: just got my tint done - 04/06/04 01:18 AM
what do you guys think??? i just had the windows tinted at 15 % all the way around. kinda hard to see at night though...

Very nice ride!
Posted By: e1flakedsvt Re: just got my tint done - 04/06/04 03:26 PM
Quote:

Very nice ride!

© CEG Archives