Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Mad_Medeiros HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 07:12 PM

HAHAHAHA
Posted By: thejms Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 07:15 PM
wow....that is pretty ugly
Posted By: maxx_power76 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 07:19 PM
WTF. How is that even possible?
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 07:21 PM
thats like as big as my old truck!

When will it stop...
Ummm.... dude, those aren't 30 foot rims, they're 30" (inch) rims. :-)

Now if they WERE 30' rims... that'd be impressive.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 08:05 PM
thats not real...it can't be

looks like they took a lift kit from a truck...and instead of putting mud tires on thru some chrome wheels on

now if it was on a truck instead
I've seen a car on rims that big in the D town area... did a double take!
im pretty sure a car just like that was on ebay a couple weeks ago. weird looking.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 08:15 PM
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

The closest thing to that in D'Town was the Hummer at the NAIAS, it had 28" rims Those pics are sooooo photoshopped, I mean just look at it
Posted By: DankBud42o Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 08:17 PM
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
thats not real...it can't be

looks like they took a lift kit from a truck...and instead of putting mud tires on thru some chrome wheels on

now if it was on a truck instead

its real, there was an old post on here w/ them, i went to the website and they had videos of these cars they were burning out and stuff...
Posted By: mavrock_dup1 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 10:05 PM
hmmm, I wonder how well they handle like that...
Originally posted by mavrock:
hmmm, I wonder how well they handle like that...

Like a fish out of water. Here , there, evrywhere.
Posted By: Steeda. Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/27/04 11:16 PM
There not even 30's!! There 10's be he keeps umm real clean tho........ LOL sorry Friday after next im sorry lol
Posted By: Swazo Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/28/04 01:56 AM
Lame....lame......LAME! That looks like a Hotwheel car
Posted By: Quick_SVT Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/28/04 03:51 AM
Thats pshopped but and damn that is fugly, This big rim fad is getting way out of control!
it is rediculous. my brother had a crown vic and had 22's on it what a hastle. the tires were $300 a piece. the drive u joint broek right off. lots of strain on the car. took forever to do a u turn. and the top speed was way lower. the largest ive seen is 26 on a cutlas. they just keep gettin bigger and bigger. i personally think it looks stupid like a horse carriage. soem peopel just seem to thinm opverdoign it makes it so much better.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/28/04 09:32 AM
GheY!!!!
this is the way tires that big are supposed to look on a vehicle (mine)

Posted By: Joey_dup1 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/29/04 12:46 AM
Let see, if my street lingo is up to date, that would be either a Sextl-Dub or a Rub-a-Dub-Dub...
Posted By: BMorgn66 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/29/04 05:51 AM
yea that was big bois hummer from outkast it was tight, i thought the suberaus downstairs were frickin sweet
Posted By: ieffem Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/29/04 08:53 PM
Originally posted by bigwalton:
this is the way tires that big are supposed to look on a vehicle (mine)

What Yr. jeep is that?
Looks good,Aside from the spray paint. I want a jeep not sure what year. Maybe a Cj 7 or a 90s yj.
Posted By: Qwk98svt Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/29/04 08:57 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!! That is crazy! And very funny
Posted By: Andy W._dup1 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/29/04 09:11 PM
It's actually a special edition jeep that was modified to carry mail in snowy climates. He bought it from a guy in Alaska and drove it home. He has a complete diary on the trip somewhere! BW is a great guy!

-Andy W.
Thanks Andy...

He's got it right, it's a right-hand-drive '84 Jeep CJ-8 that is one of 230 that were specially made for the USPS for use in Alaska. It had a factory metal hard top that was sold on Jeep Overlanders in South America and Austrailia (it was never available in the US). I got it two summers ago on a trip to Alaska and drove it back after doing some work on it.

If you're really interested, I published a diary along the way via laptop and modem and they're still available on Rockcrawler.com:

http://www.rockcrawler.com/trailreports/postalcj8/index.asp
Damn! I remember reading that but completely forgot you were a CEG'r! What kind of shape is it in now?
Posted By: dartsoccer8 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 01/30/04 05:02 PM
Originally posted by LoCoZ:
GheY!!!!

Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
Damn! I remember reading that but completely forgot you were a CEG'r! What kind of shape is it in now?

Well, that's the current picture except that it's all nasty and salty from the snow/ice this week.

I've put on a 4" BDS lift with shocks, stainless braided brake lines, 33 x 12.5" Interco TrXuS tires, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, new booty-fab rear bumper, new rebuilt head, and a Mean Green starter and alternator. Other than that I've done a lot of maintenance stuff and got it running really well.

I'm in the middle of a long project to stroke out a 4.0L MPI Cherokee motor (to 4.5-4.7L or so) to replace the 4.2 carbed motor that's in it and swap in an AW4 4-speed OD tranny to replace my non-OD 3-speed. I'm also on the hunt for new front and rear axles to replace the weak stock stuff, then I'll regear them with lockers in front and rear

Then I'll really be ready to start working on her!
Posted By: MysticFreak Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 02/29/04 03:19 AM
Thats just not good at all.
Oh...and 30' means thirty FEET! Now that would be something...
If you look at the second picture. You will see that the green one is infront of the orange. So, it is real.

Ugly as hell and I love chrome.
Posted By: zm830101 Re: HOLY 30' RIMS BATMAN (On a car!!!!) - 02/29/04 11:07 PM
i have seen a purple monte carlo just like that here in town. the rims aren't that big but i recently saw it stopped at a traffic signal parked next to a f-150. the car had more ground clearance than the frickin truck!?!?
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:

Originally posted by The Striped SVT:

The closest thing to that in D'Town was the Hummer at the NAIAS, it had 28" rims Those pics are sooooo photoshopped, I mean just look at it

Roger, I just saw a green olds like that Sat. going north on 75. I think they got off at 7 or 8 mile exit. I was laughing my head off.
© CEG Archives