Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Davo Black Hawks on campus - 03/29/03 07:46 AM
Army ROTC here was running some drills with a couple of Black Hawk helicopters. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera when they landed so I didn't get any action shots. Basically what they did was encircled a bit then landed, and the cadets practiced getting on and getting out of them. Here are the pics I got: Black Hawks
Posted By: PhatSVT_dup1 Re: Black Hawks on campus - 03/29/03 11:35 AM
I back our men/women up 100% over seas fighting for us. I would like to see them come home soon and in one peice. All we can do is pray for the best.
Posted By: DeepDishSVT_dup1 Re: Black Hawks on campus - 03/29/03 07:16 PM
great pics. Thank you for sharing.
Posted By: cliffjohnson_dup1 Re: Black Hawks on campus - 03/29/03 07:48 PM
those are cool pics, i was going to take some of the armor in DC but thought it might not be a good idea. the area around the Pentagon and around some parts of DC there are Hummers with the huge guns on the back under a camo net. bad-a$$, and they have choppers with the big guns on the sides flying around sometimes.
Posted By: Mod-deth Re: Black Hawks on campus - 03/31/03 02:15 PM
I was in a Black Hawk Brigade when I was in the Army. Talk about a sweet ride..."Going...UP!!!"
Posted By: AirKnight Re: Black Hawks on campus - 04/01/03 12:55 AM
Can the cadets in ROTC get called for active duty? Or will they not see any active duty until they're commissioned?
Posted By: yankeyspeed_dup1 Re: Black Hawks on campus - 04/01/03 01:56 AM
I thought that the Black Hawk was a much smoother ride than the Huey, or the Cobra for that matter. Its hard to sleep on a Huey.
Posted By: Davo Re: Black Hawks on campus - 04/01/03 02:59 AM
Originally posted by AirKnight:
Can the cadets in ROTC get called for active duty? Or will they not see any active duty until they're commissioned?

I'm fairly certain they cannot be deployed for combat until receiving battlefield commission.
Posted By: Whitey_dup1 Re: Black Hawks on campus - 04/01/03 04:37 AM
I see them all the time since I am stationed at Sikorsky for my job. Pretty wild seeing them being assembled and then flown out the door for a test ride before delivery!!!
Posted By: Dark Arts Re: Black Hawks on campus - 04/01/03 04:44 AM
I think my best flight was in a MD-500
© CEG Archives