Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX SVT Exhaust on! - 09/02/06 04:17 PM
Just finished up getting my SVT exhaust on the other night. Current exhaust setup is the SVT exhaust with Magnaflow res and optimized y-pipe. It sounds very good, im happy with how it turned out. Now i'll just hafta get it tuned and get it to the track! Anyways, here are the pics...

They y-pipe was cut about as far back as you can take it, its optimized about as far is it could go...

Magnaflow box!

Stock y...

Thoughts?
Posted By: ridered81 Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/02/06 04:22 PM
mmm looks good my next mod within a month ill be doing the same thing
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/02/06 04:45 PM
looks really good andy
Posted By: ChattavegasSE_dup1 Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/02/06 06:09 PM
Big w00t for that! I've got the same thing on my car. It's definitly a great mod; it's cheap and easy to do. Here's mine:
Posted By: mystiquevltwin Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/02/06 08:12 PM
looking great!

debadge that sucker!!
Posted By: AliasJerkâ?¢ Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/02/06 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
looking great!

debadge that sucker!!

agreed. There is a dude in midland that has a red tour same color as your stique with FSVT rims.
Posted By: gearhead_dup1 Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 02:02 AM
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:
Just finished up getting my SVT exhaust on the other night. Current exhaust setup is the SVT exhaust with Magnaflow res and optimized y-pipe. It sounds very good, im happy with how it turned out. Now i'll just hafta get it tuned and get it to the track! Anyways, here are the pics...

They y-pipe was cut about as far back as you can take it, its optimized about as far is it could go...

Magnaflow box!

Needs more sound clips......
Posted By: Reebs Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 03:09 AM
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
looking great!

debadge that sucker!!

He could leave 24V though. Just my opinion!

Reebs
Posted By: Pre98 Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 04:29 AM
Very nice, Andy.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 04:33 AM
nicely done! However, I've always thought that those style of tips looked REALLY goofy. Maybe it's just me...
Posted By: FavoriteMystaque Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 04:44 AM
Is that a stock SVT exhaust (mufflers/tips)? It is nice not to chop the bumpers. Is the resonator in place of the main catalyst?
Posted By: snakous Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 06:52 AM
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:
Is that a stock SVT exhaust (mufflers/tips)? It is nice not to chop the bumpers. Is the resonator in place of the main catalyst?

Most likely in the place of the stock resonator.
Posted By: 99Mystique ATX Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 04:23 PM
Originally posted by snakous:
Originally posted by FavoriteMystaque:

Most likely in the place of the stock resonator.

Yup, I went with the Magnaflow 10435 res... I'm happy with how it sounds and the car does feel a little quicker. It definitely has more low-end torque...

Now all I need is and SVT main cat, some SE sideskirts and some window tint... (and possibly a 3L/5-spd...)
Posted By: ToasterOven Re: SVT Exhaust on! - 09/03/06 09:46 PM
Originally posted by 99Mystique ATX:

Now all I need is and SVT main cat, some SE sideskirts and some window tint... (and possibly a 3L/5-spd...)

might as well go all out and get a turbo too. seems to be the thing these days.

and yes, the tips have always looked goofy to me too. but still beter then my stock SE exhaust.
© CEG Archives