Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: snakous Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 03:16 AM
On Thursday I got home from Put-In-Bay, Ohio after the 3 craziest days of my life with 16 friends. I come home to my parent's house to a very sad look on my mom's face. I asked her what was wrong and she proceeded to tell me that my cousin Jody, the same age as me, was in a bad car accident. My cousin and I are very close, more like brother and sister than cousins. Immediately I started to get scared and prepare for the worse.

Here is what happened...

My cousin was travelling on I-75 near Crooks Rd (for SEMI-CEGers that know that area) when the accident happened. She was apparently looking down for something (bad idea like always) when she looked up and saw the cars in front of her slowing down fast. She had only a second to react so she swerved to the left to avoid the car but couldn't miss it. She clipped the rear bumper which immediately sent her sideways. The car slammed into the guard rail and sent it airborne. It flipped on its top and slid back across all three lanes of traffic and stopped on the side of the expressway. Amazingly, she walked away from it without any serious injuries, just a few bruises and small cuts from the glass. She didn't even have to go to the hospital. As expected, a sore back/neck followed the next day. She is doing okay now, just a little shaken up. We're all counting our blessings and realize how lucky she is to be alive right now.

Here are a few pictures snapped at the yard it was taken to...

Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 03:20 AM
holy [censored]!!! wow, good to hear she is alright!
Posted By: Tony2005 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 03:22 AM
Originally posted by BigBEN:
.. wow, good to hear she is alright!

+1
Posted By: RyeLou Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 03:24 AM
Damn man, I'm glad she's okay. I'm about a half mile away from the Crooks exit on I75.
Posted By: ridered81 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 03:26 AM
damn, how is she still alive!! im glad to hear she is okay, things like this really make you appreciate what you have so much more.
Posted By: icysvt Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Tony2005:
Originally posted by BigBEN:
.. wow, good to hear she is alright!

+1

+2
Posted By: 2000myst Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 04:16 AM
Someone was looking after her that day. Thats crazy. i'm glad she is ok.

Dan
Posted By: Pre98 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 04:52 AM
ALWAYS go to the hospital after an accident! Just glad she's alright. Looks like it was a rough ride.
Posted By: GS474 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 04:58 AM
Originally posted by Pre98:
ALWAYS go to the hospital after an accident! Just glad she's alright. Looks like it was a rough ride.

+3

i was in a bad accident awhile back in my old truck it gets your adrenalin up so you don't notice any thing unless it major i felt fine when things started slowing down i started feeling all the pain
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 05:13 AM
Unreal , glad to hear she was ok. She should really go get checked out tho.

Aaron
Posted By: rouar Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 01:38 PM
Wow, that roof caved in terribly! I'm amazed but extremely glad that she walked away from that accident.

When I sit in my friend's Sunfire my head almost touches the ceiling, there's no way I'd have gotten out of that one. The entire top that slid across the ground looks like a flat wedge. Someone was DEFINITELY looking out for her.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/20/06 02:57 PM
WOW!
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/21/06 01:35 AM
As most everyone else said, she is very lucky!
Hope she's feeling better soon.
Posted By: Mystique97 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/21/06 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Loco4G63:
WOW!

What I first thought when I seen the pics, Hector here has it all explained into one word!
Posted By: jtour Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/21/06 01:49 PM
Like stated above. Thank God she is okay.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/21/06 01:57 PM
Geez she's been driving long enough to know what happens in bigger city traffic. It can go from 80 to 0 in a blink of an eye. Very very lucky.
Posted By: snakous Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/21/06 03:46 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Geez she's been driving long enough to know what happens in bigger city traffic. It can go from 80 to 0 in a blink of an eye. Very very lucky.

I agree, and the terrible thing is that she doesn't always wear her seatbelt. Thank God she was wearing it that day. I just don't understand why people don't wear their seatbelts all the time. She is very lucky and so are we.

I spent some time with her yesterday, and I can tell she realizes how lucky she is and she realized how stupid it was that she didn't wear her belt all the time.

Originally posted by GS474:
Originally posted by Pre98:

+3

i was in a bad accident awhile back in my old truck it gets your adrenalin up so you don't notice any thing unless it major i felt fine when things started slowing down i started feeling all the pain

+4. That car is toast, is that oil all over the left steer tire?
Posted By: Aaron 98 SE Re: Cousin's chopped top Cavalier..... - 08/22/06 01:51 AM
Originally posted by LUCA:
As most everyone else said, she is very lucky!
Hope she's feeling better soon.

© CEG Archives