Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: The Five-Oh! This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 03:54 AM
So i was still in contact with the guy that got my csvt, we talked and i'd help him out with stuff, lately i was given some bad news, 2000 CSVT Tropic Green 2081 of 2150 is done...

Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 03:55 AM
I would rather not have gotten that news. Sucks to see someone trash your work!
yikes...im sorry!
How much does he want for it?
Originally posted by Kremithefrog:
How much does he want for it?

Not sure, there are already a few asking. and him and i are investigating different plans.
Posted By: Pre98 Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 05:41 AM
Somewhat of a reason I just don't want to sell the car, ever. I'd feel fine if I wreck my own car, but not if it was wrecked by The Next owner. It's a kick in the junk. Sorry to see man
Posted By: Pole120 Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 10:33 AM

<---- will wish for years he was the next owner......sad day for both of us mang...

Brings back feelings from when i totaled my SE
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 11:04 AM
When did it happen? I talked to Roger yesterday when he was out on Woodward and said he saw a Tropic Green SVT Contour being towed away with a smashed front end!
Originally posted by Loco4G63:
When did it happen? I talked to Roger yesterday when he was out on Woodward and said he saw a Tropic Green SVT Contour being towed away with a smashed front end!

happened just a few days ago.
Posted By: Cinder Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 01:59 PM
sorry to see that. there was a tropic green svt for sale on fleabay the back half was gone. could be a perfet match.
That can definitly be fixed. If you can't find a buyer that's not a scrap yard, let me know. I can get it back on the road.
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
That can definitly be fixed. If you can't find a buyer that's not a scrap yard, let me know. I can get it back on the road.

well i think him and i will be parting it out, it looks like the unibody is tweaked.
It doesn't look that bad in the pics; maybe the subframe got pushed around a little. What are you gonna do with the UIM/LIM/TB?
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
It doesn't look that bad in the pics; maybe the subframe got pushed around a little. What are you gonna do with the UIM/LIM/TB?

I'm not sure if he wants to part the motor out or sell it as a whole.
I sure do wish it could find it's way into my garage.
Posted By: G Stone Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Pre98:
Somewhat of a reason I just don't want to sell the car, ever. I'd feel fine if I wreck my own car, but not if it was wrecked by The Next owner. It's a kick in the junk. Sorry to see man

Trust me, it still feels like a kick in the junk.
Posted By: Frosty Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 06:05 PM
Thats depressing...wish i could salvage it, but it looks too far gone...
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/12/06 06:37 PM
Damn, that has to be the car I saw last night while out on Woodward and talking to Hector on the phone It sucks to see any CSVT smashed up, but especially a green one!
well if you guys work something out and he decides to part it out let me know i would be very interested!!
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/14/06 12:02 PM
EBAY

Looks like its up on eBay, the description seems to leave out the accident besides saying the bumper was pulled under the car and set off the air bags.

Also this car has "Tokico struts on all 4 wheels and KYB adjustable shocks on all 4 wheels"
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/14/06 12:03 PM
GOOD LORD.......what is happening to all the amazon green csvt's?????????? alex, sorry to hear about the old car. the green ones keep getting more obsolete by the minute!!!!!!!

i was going to buy winter tires & rims off tim, but i do need a new rear bumper. when and if it's up for grabs, please let me know!!! mine's trashed
Originally posted by BlackE1:
EBAY

Looks like its up on eBay, the description seems to leave out the accident besides saying the bumper was pulled under the car and set off the air bags.

Also this car has "Tokico struts on all 4 wheels and KYB adjustable shocks on all 4 wheels"

I shot him an e-mail about the car, i hope someone from CEG buys it if we don't part it out.
Posted By: Frosty Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/14/06 08:58 PM
Originally posted by The Five-Oh!:
EBAY

I shot him an e-mail about the car, i hope someone from CEG buys it if we don't part it out.

I want to....but i don't think i have the $$ he's looking for
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/14/06 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Frosty:
EBAY

It's a no reserve auction. Maybe he didn't realize he set it up that way. Buy it cheap!
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/14/06 09:29 PM
Alex, if he parts it tell him to sell me the suspension, or at least the springs. For cheap.
Posted By: Tourige Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/14/06 09:31 PM
bid is at 102 bucks... You could make that back in the seats alone.
I need that. I would gladly use parts from my '00 SE to get that SVT back in square order. I'd bet it has a lot less inherrent problems than my SE, too.
Posted By: Frosty Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/15/06 04:41 PM
Originally posted by IRingTwyce:
EBAY

It's a no reserve auction. Maybe he didn't realize he set it up that way. Buy it cheap!

Yea, but people are bidding it up already. I don't even have the money to fix the clutch on the SVT i do own right now Oh well, i'll own a T-Green 2K SVT one of these years
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: This greatly saddens me :( [56k warn] - 08/15/06 09:30 PM

Yea, but people are bidding it up already. I don't even have the money to fix the clutch on the SVT i do own right now Oh well, i'll own a T-Green 2K SVT one of these years

.......just remember, once mine is paid off i'll sell it for cheap! i have another 22 payments to go it'll be a good 3L candidate by then!!
So what happened? He ended it early?
© CEG Archives