Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Kokopellian MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 02:04 AM
This is all that's left of the MSP. Details of the demise here.

The replacement, picked it up yesterday. No stellar pictures yet as it's just your base MS6 Sport with tint. I love the car, it's everything good about motoring. Oh, and don't make fun of my lawn. Triple digit heat and no rain for months will make it look like that.
Posted By: Pienstars Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 02:18 AM
Nice choice however I can't stand the wheels that Mazda decided to use. At least that's something that can be easily fixed, unless of course you like them.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Pienstars:
Nice choice however I can't stand the wheels that Mazda decided to use. At least that's something that can be easily fixed, unless of course you like them.

Thanks. Yeah, not fond of the wheels either. I don't know WHAT Mazda was thinking when they ok'd them. I haven't seen a single alternate set that "grabs" me like woah, I NEED those!
Posted By: KerryKool Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 03:11 AM
Sweet ride! At least you don't see the wheels driving down the road.
Posted By: Ã?ber Evil Mushu! Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 03:30 AM
Needs more pinstripe.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 03:44 AM
Im on the "WTF were they thinking with those wheels" boat, but I still like the car in general. Nice pickup!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Doppelg�¤nger:
Oh, and don't make fun of my lawn. Triple digit heat and no rain for months will make it look like that.

I'm just trying to figure out how you still have ANY green left at all! My yard is the color of cardboard now.

On the bright side, I don't have to mow what won't grow!

I dig your 6. I'm always a sucker for silver!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 11:07 AM
Very cool. My fiance Kim actual likes the wheels.

You want to trade for some gunmetal 17s on Toyos?
Posted By: ancientsanskrit Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 11:42 AM
Nice to see the car, John!

Hah, I love the lawn! My family used to live down in Atlanta, we never watered or worried about the lawn. With all the heat, everyone's lawn was burnt to a crisp. Yet another reason to move back down to the south. Though, this season has been tough in the midwest, my grass doesn't look to far from yours, minus the spotted effect(identical to the neighbor across the road). BTW, how did you manage to make your grass get that spotted effect?!?!
Posted By: Tourige Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 06:09 PM
Looks like the MS6 is the natural progression for SVT owners.

We should call the site CEGMS6.org
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 06:34 PM
Congrats on the new ride, it looks like people are starting to snatch them around here IMO that car would look great with black rims w/polished lip or some nice mesh BBS' Its a cool car to have for more than just the obvious reasons too, like only the trained eye will recognize it and/or appreciate it
Posted By: Pre98 Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 09:55 PM
Clearly the most probable upgrade for me this spring, but I may go pony or supercharged 4 banger.. not sure yet..

Nice car.
Posted By: hrsepwrdrms Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/12/06 10:25 PM
Sweet Ride!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/13/06 04:21 AM
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:
Oh, and don't make fun of my lawn. Triple digit heat and no rain for months will make it look like that.

I'm just trying to figure out how you still have ANY green left at all! My yard is the color of cardboard now.

On the bright side, I don't have to mow what won't grow!

I dig your 6. I'm always a sucker for silver!

You should see the back yard! Brown as a Cinnamon Pop Tart. Yeah, I dig silver cars too.

Originally posted by Loco4G63:
Very cool. My fiance Kim actual likes the wheels.

You want to trade for some gunmetal 17s on Toyos?

Tell Kim thanks. I'll sell the wheels to her. Man, if those gunmetals were 18's I'd be all over em.

Originally posted by ancientsanskrit:
Nice to see the car, John!

Hah, I love the lawn! My family used to live down in Atlanta, we never watered or worried about the lawn. With all the heat, everyone's lawn was burnt to a crisp. Yet another reason to move back down to the south. Though, this season has been tough in the midwest, my grass doesn't look to far from yours, minus the spotted effect(identical to the neighbor across the road). BTW, how did you manage to make your grass get that spotted effect?!?!

Thanks. Man, my grass is a fire hazard right now. The spotted effect is a trade secret. Figured I might as well make it interesting looking. LOL. J/K.

Originally posted by Tourige:
Looks like the MS6 is the natural progression for SVT owners.

We should call the site CEGMS6.org

I'm beginning to think that myself. However, we only have about 3 or 4 owners on here me thinks. They could have easily badged this as a 2006 SVT Contour of sorts.

Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Congrats on the new ride, it looks like people are starting to snatch them around here IMO that car would look great with black rims w/polished lip or some nice mesh BBS' Its a cool car to have for more than just the obvious reasons too, like only the trained eye will recognize it and/or appreciate it

Thanks, yeah they are finally priced where people will buy them. Sorta like the GTO problem. Yeah, the car would be nice with those rims. Can't find any that I like yet though. It is a fun car man. Faster than what's been listed too. True on the well trained eye.

Thanks all for the compliments. I plan on only a few mods. Intake and possibly exhaust. And some rims once I find a suitable set.
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/13/06 08:57 AM
I plan on only a few mods. Intake and possibly exhaust. And some rims once I find a suitable set.

You should know as well as anyone here that mods are like a bad bad rash. It starts small, but quickly grows out of control til you can't stop it. Good luck limiting yourself to those three mods!
Posted By: Woodencross Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/13/06 12:44 PM
I plan on only a few mods. Intake and possibly exhaust. And some rims once I find a suitable set.

You should know as well as anyone here that mods are like a bad bad rash. It starts small, but quickly grows out of control til you can't stop it. Good luck limiting yourself to those three mods!

Oh, he's fully aware of that...Have you ever seen any of his other cars?

Dude, very nice MS6!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/13/06 03:20 PM

Yeah, I know. But the mod bug doesn't overtake me. I stick with mostly stock. Just a couple enhancers here and there and I'm done. I over modded my old Fox 5.0's and decided to never do that again.

Originally posted by Woodencross:

Oh, he's fully aware of that...Have you ever seen any of his other cars?

Dude, very nice MS6!

Thanks mang.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/14/06 03:35 AM
Stellar. Just needs a black wheel with polished lip.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/14/06 04:17 AM
Originally posted by todras:
Stellar. Just needs a black wheel with polished lip.

I concur. I'm looking hard for some.
Posted By: Joey_dup1 Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/14/06 04:07 PM
Might I state, excellent choice in cars

I was actually considering something like this for my MS6.

I think the lip is definitely where it's at...wheelmax has some nice black rims with lips.

Posted By: Tourige Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/14/06 04:11 PM
Same rims Jim has on his car right?
Posted By: LoadedSVT Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/14/06 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Tourige:
Same rims Jim has on his car right?

Yep sure is.
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/14/06 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Joey:
Might I state, excellent choice in cars

I was actually considering something like this for my MS6.

I think the lip is definitely where it's at...wheelmax has some nice black rims with lips.

Why thank you sir. I would like to state that your choice in automobiles is also quite esquisite.

Ah, that is a very nice suggestion on the wheels, do they come black by any chance? I'll check out Wheelmax as suggested. Thanks. Are you going to get the MS CAI? I am.
Posted By: Joey_dup1 Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/15/06 06:54 PM

Ah, that is a very nice suggestion on the wheels, do they come black by any chance? I'll check out Wheelmax as suggested. Thanks. Are you going to get the MS CAI? I am.

They might...I'm looking at silver so I haven't looked for black. I'll be definitely looking for a lipped rim though.

I'll probably start with the standard CAI, BOV, and catback within the next few months. Rims I'm holding off on till after winter.

One thing on the exhaust, I sure miss the sound of the SVT (which was probably the sweetest sounding exhaust around). I would love to get that sound back...
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: MSP dead, MS6 replaces it - 08/16/06 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Joey:

They might...I'm looking at silver so I haven't looked for black. I'll be definitely looking for a lipped rim though.

I'll probably start with the standard CAI, BOV, and catback within the next few months. Rims I'm holding off on till after winter.

One thing on the exhaust, I sure miss the sound of the SVT (which was probably the sweetest sounding exhaust around). I would love to get that sound back...

Cool. I'm gonna start with the CAI myself. I don't want a BOV. Cat back next perhaps. The Magnaflow seems good, but I hear that melts the bumper.

Yeah, the SVT did have a SWEET exhaust note. I wish I had my own shop and mandrel bending machine. I'd do up a nice one for the MS6.
© CEG Archives