Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: hotdimmes updated pics of my car - 08/08/06 10:50 PM
Did some interior work consisting of duplicolor fabric and vinyl flat black + Black Again trim detailer

Taped off the upper ridge, but the paint still bled into it since it's textured so that needs to be touched up

Good knauberizing:

Bad knauberizing:

3 doors came out well, that last one...I think it's actually melted rubber as I started to sand it a bit and it was coming off, but then I couldn't get the small sanded area to blend well(1000-1500-2000-menzerna intensive polish-finishing polish)

svt exhaust sitting in the garage(needs some unbending)

dyed black svt seats are next on the list for the interior

No full exterior shots until I finish painting my oval and rear strip
Posted By: KerryKool Re: updated pics of my car - 08/08/06 11:09 PM
Very pretty. Nice touch w/ the two tone.
Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: updated pics of my car - 08/08/06 11:23 PM
For some reason, the two tone interior looks cool...
Posted By: SVT SNOB Re: updated pics of my car - 08/08/06 11:31 PM
I like the 2 tone interior . Good job on the work.

Aaron
Posted By: BiggityBon Re: updated pics of my car - 08/08/06 11:43 PM
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
I like the 2 tone interior . Good job on the work.

Aaron

i agree.....it looks very tasteful. keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 12:53 AM
Thanks for the comments!

The interior pieces were a pain to paint. I couldn't get an even spray to save my life. Probably because I stink at painting large pieces. This is what it looked like before I applied Black Again(which I have to do every few weeks to keep the look )

Posted By: I-Dom-In-VIII Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 01:06 AM
Did ya try to clearcoat it....
Posted By: JeSiZZle Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 01:37 AM
Posted By: rouar Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 02:08 AM
Looks good!

I'm liking the two-tone interiors where the trim pieces stay the same color but the rest of the door panel is repainted (unlike the more common mod where the trim pieces are painted, bleh). For some reason it seems to come out very classy on this car, even if you do an outlandish color like Mikey Boy (whose interior I also love!).

I'm not 100% certain on that exact black, just because it looks like a different tone than your exterior color and clashes with the doors. Dunno if painting satin would have been better than flat or not. Love it otherwise though!

What do you mean you'll have to repaint it every three weeks?
Posted By: BlackE1 Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 02:17 AM
Originally posted by hotdimmes:

Good knauberizing:

Bad knauberizing:

wow, night and day difference on the knauberizing, has one side of the car been repainted?
Posted By: BigBEN_dup1 Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 03:14 AM
2-tone looks good man!
Posted By: hotdimmes Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 03:53 AM
I don't have to repaint it every few weeks, just have to apply the Black Again trim stuff every few weeks, sorta like armor all I guess. I'm not that concerned because when I get the leather seats, I'm going to get the leather door panels too and dye those so they match. The leather inserts seem to be a seperate piece than the top vinyl piece so I'm going to try to fit it with the vinyl on my door panel.

I wasn't sure about clearcoating as this stuff isn't really like normal paint. I tried to compound/polish it and it seemed to have no effect. Door panels are high traffic with people's hands and I didn't want to worry about greasy fingerprints all the time and stuff with a normal painted/cleared finish.

I agree the color is a bit off. The Black Again makes it REALLY black while the dash trim and wheelskin is a bit on the dull side. Nothig I can do unless I paint them too which I don't really want to.
Posted By: raymond_dup1 Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 10:04 AM
that looks awsome , i have a slvr forst 98 csvt i was thinking of doing the same thing to mine but i cant decide weather or not to do it in matching silver or black .any suggestions would be helpful im also getting new carpet for the car and was thinking black which would go great if i do the panels in black you guys think that that the silver would be to much.
Posted By: rouar Re: updated pics of my car - 08/09/06 10:16 AM
Originally posted by hotdimmes:
I don't have to repaint it every few weeks, just have to apply the Black Again trim stuff every few weeks, sorta like armor all I guess.

oy .. haha .. I didn't realize "Black Again" was a product. (just thought you were saying you had to reapply black again every three weeks )
© CEG Archives