Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: SVT Amateur Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 02:49 AM
I've had the car for a year now and thought I would take some new pics. I still miss the Contour.

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 02:58 AM
very nice and clean. you can def. do better with the rims however..I see u also put the stock WRX fogs back on, i like that, i love having fogs along with adjustable HID's!!

adjustable HID's FTW!
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
very nice and clean. you can def. do better with the rims however..I see u also put the stock WRX fogs back on, i like that, i love having fogs along with adjustable HID's!!

adjustable HID's FTW!

Lol, thanks. I run the HID's 24/7 and then use the fogs only when I need them (when it's foggy or really dark out).

It seems it's either love or hate the wheels. I personally love them, and while I know you have to consider rotational mass and all the Enkei RPF1's are some of the lightest wheels you can get (at least for the WRX/STi). In fact my 19" setup weighs less than the stock 17" setup.
Posted By: IonNinja Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 03:11 AM
I love those damn wheels

only if they came in bronze

aren't those SSR something look-alikes?
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 03:12 AM
i love that plate!
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 04:04 AM
The stock STI only dynos at 190hp?!?...thats crazy.I would think it would dyno around 220 or sumthing like that,and to think my car dyno 168 w/out headers so with them(the headers) I should be close to 190.Am I correct, is it wierd that it only dynos 190?
Posted By: Pudmunkie Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 04:14 AM
SEXY!

I love it, I love the wheels too!

I might go for a lip spoiler on the trunk instead of the big wing. The only color I care for that big wing on is black STI's
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 04:14 AM
The rims are bad ass, the car is bad ass, the color is bad ass....did you say something about a CSVT
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 04:22 AM
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:
The stock STI only dynos at 190hp?!?...thats crazy.I would think it would dyno around 220 or sumthing like that,and to think my car dyno 168 w/out headers so with them(the headers) I should be close to 190.Am I correct, is it wierd that it only dynos 190?

Try 240 to 255 hp to the wheels SAE corrected. It makes more tq than hp FWIW. A few mods and it will climb quite a bit. If you think your Contour will measure up take a walk to a Subie board and I'm sure they'll have no problem setting up a race.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 04:23 AM
Originally posted by brandonsvt99:

It should be putting down in the 220-240awhp range IIRC. If hes only putting down 190 there is something wrong with the car. Where did you get that from or am I missing something?

EDIT: Todd beat me to it. Guess it was a little higher.
Posted By: BrandonSVT99 Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 04:55 AM
[quote)

Try 240 to 255 hp to the wheels SAE corrected. It makes more tq than hp FWIW. A few mods and it will climb quite a bit. If you think your Contour will measure up take a walk to a Subie board and I'm sure they'll have no problem setting up a race.

CLICK ON THE LINK IN HIS SIG THEN SCROLL DOWN AN LOOK AT WHAT HE BASELINED.when you see 190 there don't feel stupid you didn't know any better.And no, I kno the STI is faster than my sti any idiot knows that.Although my friend does have a stock wrx and I start to pull on him on the highway.I was merely asking a questioned whether or not it was weird that he has 190 as a baseline thats all.Not trying to prove my svt is faster.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 05:01 AM
I'm thinking something is wrong with that dyno.
Posted By: TheeSVTShow Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 06:25 AM
My cousin has a 02' WRX, would give me like 20 cars on the highway and would still blast past me. All he had was fenderwall CAI and a Nurspec (spelling) catback. Those cars are strong. I know my tour is old and might not be up to par, but it's hard to keep up with a WRX even if you are lightly modded. I am going to check out the sig right now though that does sound funky, even with 240 hp wow I didnt know you lose that much to AWD.
Posted By: TheeSVTShow Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 06:43 AM
I also think the STi scoop looks so good, I was kinda disappointed they put them on the 06' WRX's because I felt it should be reserved for the STi's only (stock obviously), but they look good combined with the new front end.
Posted By: svt4stv Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 07:27 AM
as previously stated.....the car looks badass, the rims look badass, the color is badass. that's all.

one more thing, i heard that its actually quite expensive to draw much more power out of those things. either way, id love to roll one as a DD. i hear the wrx doesnt even compare to the sti.
nice impreza.
Posted By: gotapex Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 08:38 AM
Very nice choice, congrats!
Posted By: Kokopellian Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 09:17 AM
Meh, my motorcycle would eat it's lunch.

Just kidding. NICE car man, seriously.
i love lowered STi's

~Andrew
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:00 PM
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:02 PM
Lol, thanks for all the comments guys.

And for those asking about the dyno there is nothing wrong with it.

#1 Mustang Dynos have low numbers since they are a load based dyno (helps with tuning which is all I care about anyway). Remember you can really compare your numbers from another dyno (even if it is a Mustang dyno) because there are going to be differences in calibrations, etc.
#2 All I really care about is the difference between my baseline run and final run (I want to see that my mods and tune had a positive impact).

I can guarantee that if I put this car on a DynoJet dyno I would be seeing over 300 whp and wtq. I have run it at the 1/4 mile track once in the middle of the crappy Texas summer and with my crappy 60 ft. I ran a 13.3. I'm pretty sure my car can break into the 12's with the current setup.
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:05 PM
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!

Haha Hector. I should have put my disclaimer in there that said that was in jest. I love Evo's but my 05STI vanity plate was just too boring, I had to step it up.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:08 PM
Originally posted by SVT Amateur:
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!

Haha Hector. I should have put my disclaimer in there that said that was in jest. I love Evo's but my 05STI vanity plate was just too boring, I had to step it up.

That is what I figured. I love the look of the STi, they sound amazing, and the power is almost identical with the Evo.

The new import "Mustang and Camaro"
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:51 PM

I can guarantee that if I put this car on a DynoJet dyno I would be seeing over 300 whp and wtq.

You really think you got that much gain from a intake/tune/exhaust?
Originally posted by KingpinSVT:

I can guarantee that if I put this car on a DynoJet dyno I would be seeing over 300 whp and wtq.

tunes can do amazing things. +30-40whp i believe

~Andrew
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:55 PM
I realize that. That would get you close to 300whp, but not well over it.
Posted By: Tourige Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 01:56 PM
Very very nice STI. Love the looks.
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 02:01 PM

Yep. People with the same mods as me do it all the time over at IWSTI. But I would have baselined around 240-250 whp on a Dynojet stock.

But again, dyno number don't really mean anything (unless you are comparing baseline and final run). I think the true test of your car is the 1/4 mile. There everyone is on the same playing field and there is no room for excuses like a dyno reading too low or someone having inflated numbers because a tuner can decide to make a dyno read higher. Go to the track and if a guy has inflated numbers it will show, just like how my low dyno numbers still gave a low 13 second time (and again I can hit 12's on this setup I just need to practice).
Posted By: SVT Amateur Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 02:04 PM
I realize that. That would get you close to 300whp, but not well over it.

Maybe I should have been clearer, it would be pretty close to 300 whp. I mean I am speculating because I haven't dynoed on a DynoJet but from seeing other guys that have gone the same route as me hit 300 whp on a DynoJet I wouldn't doubt it. But yeah, we aren't talking well over 300 whp, just around 300 whp.
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 05:59 PM
Love the car.....

but the plate...MEH!

That is what I figured. I love the look of the STi, they sound amazing, and the power is almost identical with the Evo.

The new import "Mustang and Camaro"

Yeah, I guess you could make that comparison, and by ya'lls logic, the VW R32 would be the Barracuda right?

NICE STi man!
Posted By: my98SVTturbo Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 08:18 PM
mmmm very nice i love STI`s!!! ...imo it would look beter with the gold BBS`s though but still very nice
Posted By: RRT_SVT Re: Don't H8 - New Pics of My '05 STi - 08/02/06 08:28 PM
i want the same car that you have a subaru sti blue got demit i am married i can't afford it is a beautiful car i like a lot congratulations for a such beautiful car
© CEG Archives