Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Swazo My new truck - 07/08/06 02:06 AM
I got my new daily driver the other day. Here are some quick pics I took today, which aren't the best. It has a lot of factory options, so I'm really happy with it.

I've already removed the intake baffeling so I can actually hear the engine and I've removed the geezer pin stripes the car lot put on it

Plans are...
1.A nice intake and cat-back.... for economic reasons, of course

2. A simple leveling kit for the suspension to give it a.... level ride height(lifts the front with solid coil spacers/seat and has longer shocks) 4 years ago, it would have been atleast a 6" lift... I must be getting old

3. Either aftermarket wheels once I need new tires, or slight wheel spacers for the OEM 18's and some beefier 33" meat. again, 4 years ago it'd be 20-22" wheels with atleast 36's
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 02:10 AM
lookin' good!
Posted By: IRingTwyce Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 02:13 AM
Noice!
Posted By: Eric L_dup1 Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 02:18 AM
Yes, space rkit for front makes a WORLD of difference. We put one on my Dad's Lariat Screw and looks soooo much better. I hear the 07's have a few cosmetic changes for teh FX4, like body-colored handles and little things. I liwek teh 06 round foglights, so I think I will wait and start looking then.

Congrats!
Posted By: Coolkuehl3_dup1 Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 02:28 AM
Another good looking Ford pickup. I really like the layout of the gauges compared to my '06 F150 XLT. Got my truck in Dec. of '05 and have loved every mile driving it.
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 03:07 AM
Sweet truck!
Posted By: KyleH Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 03:51 AM
Nice Truck!

I've never liked the idea of a shifter in the console for a truck though. I'd pesonally rather have added storage space. One of the reasons I chose an Explorer over a Grand Cherokee.
Posted By: Augi Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 05:21 AM
I hope to one day own an F-150
Posted By: Swazo Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 08:49 PM
I was tempted to just get another car, but a truck or SUV opens a lot of options for me while living in Utah.

I really love the interior of the upper end F150's. I do hate the rectangle fog lights, round would have been much better IMO. MPG isn't too bad at about 16-17 per gallon with about 60%+ stop and go. An intake, cat-back and tuning shoud help me bump it up a bit (Like I said before, purely economical mods ).
Posted By: tsSVT Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 09:12 PM
Look into the nitto grappler tires,they look awesome the newer F-150.If you get the right size it fills out the wheel space nicely.
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 09:22 PM
Very nice lookin' indeed. I really like the styling on these F150s.
I like the way you think/mod. I'd have taken the pinstripes off on day 1, and I'd have been lookin' at intakes and exhausts about 2 weeks prior to buying. Again, for economical reasons, purely.
Again, very nice truck. I think for the work you do and the area you live in, the truck makes sense.
Posted By: Kremithefrog Re: My new truck - 07/08/06 10:16 PM
Very nice.
The new F150s are great. Best riding and easy to drive truck I've driven.
Posted By: Swazo Re: My new truck - 07/12/06 03:17 AM
This truck is pretty sweet, I'm really glad that I picked this up! It came with a factory LSD, 6 disc in-dash cd/MP3 player w/ a factory sub (it sounds really good, I have no need to go aftermarket ) and a lot of small options that took a 200 mile road trip to find them all

Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: My new truck - 07/12/06 03:26 AM
needs more evo style cf hood
needs more boost..
needs to be lower
needs projectors!

I miss ur svt since it was my fav. one!
Posted By: jtour Re: My new truck - 07/12/06 11:57 AM
Nice truck. Love the new body style. Keep us posted on your mods.

Posted By: Swazo Re: My new truck - 07/12/06 11:25 PM
I do miss my SVT, but I don't miss a lot of things about it. Though, I am kicking myself for selling a few choice parts.... I've been looking at a really clean E1 this past week

As far as my truck, I'll be doing a few things within the next month and I will whore it after the fact
Posted By: Squadom Re: My new truck - 07/13/06 12:24 AM
Def. looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing with the truck. Always like how the new F-150's looked. Wish I could get one and afford the gas
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: My new truck - 07/13/06 05:42 PM
Looks great! I really think your taste in mods are excellent!
© CEG Archives