Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Well its now been almost a month and a half since the SZ 06 wax off between Pete and Roger representing Zaino and Pinnacle & Klasse. After a month, before I washed the car, I sprayed the car down with water and I couldnt see or feel a difference between shine, touch, ability to repel dirt, or how water beaded. However, today I could distinctly see a difference. Here are some pics I took of before and after washing the car. The results are quite obvious before washing the car. Zaino was applied on the passenger side and Pinnacle and Klasse on the drivers. This is the 3rd time the car has been washed since SZ 06.

Before being washed...

After being washed...

hawt
pretty much exactly what I expected to see out of the passenger side.

dang zaino pwns..
Looks to me like Zaino for the win!
Anyone got shots of my car when Kevin and I did the same thing, but one side Meguires and the other Harley Davidsons?

The difference was ridiculous

And so it is, Zaino FTW
Lizard still won!!!
I don't care what that black car looks like!!!!
Interesting to see! Thanks for conducting a long-term test. Keep in mind that I only applied one coat of Zaino vs the Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and Pinnacle Souveran.

Comments on pics:

Keep in mind that the pic below is the true indicator of how well the wax is holding up or not.
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
Before being washed...

The pic below is not an indicator of how well the wax is holding up. Car wash soaps contain lubricants, oils and minerals that nourish the paint. Pre-wash water test is the only way to determine wax durability. Spraying water on the surface after a wash means nothing.
After being washed...

Next year, I'm bringing a full arsenal.
perhaps next year we could have another competitor Pete to go up against you? See if another product can live up to Zaino. I'll be more than happy to offer up our car again.
Well theres no doubt that in the first pic theres more beading on Pete's side and my side the water just ran off somewhere, where did it go

Now check out this pic...

To me, my side looks to be darker, but maybe its just the pic. How does the car look when its raining out and its just sitting
Zaino for the win on a black car.
Roger what you see is what it would look like if it was raining. I had Scott shoot the hose about 30 feet in the air vertically and have it come down on the car as if it was raining. Its hard to tell, but your side might be a little darker.
Thats cool Jim, but did you find out where the water on my side ran off to
I thought you wanted water to sheet off like the drivers side?
It does look like the driver side would dry faster though
Thats what I always thought too Todd
This is why I asked "where did my water run off to" a couple posts ago and it was kinda of joke, but its actually my way of trying to make a point. I just wonder if the addition of caranuba to the Klasse SG top coat gave it that "Rasheed-ing" action (yet another joke )
Originally posted by todras:
I thought you wanted water to sheet off like the drivers side?

No.

Originally posted by Klasse Act:
Thats what I always thought too Todd

Are you serious?
We love Beads
Pete, your side has more beading, no doubt about it, but are you telling me theres something wrong with water "Rasheed-ing" off ( a joke ) I don't do this per say, but alot of people are of the belief that taking off the nozel and letting the water wash away the soap so it "Rasheeds" off is a good thing Its all a matter of opinion for some people Pete and look at it like this, its raining out and then the sun comes out, do you want all that beading or the water to "Rasheed" off , thus leaving little or NO chance of water spots!
if you ever wash a car right after its been waxed properly, the water should pretty much bead right off the car and the paint will be pretty damn dry to the touch.
You are entirely incorrect.

Pete, your side has more beading, no doubt about it, but are you telling me theres something wrong with water "Rasheed-ing" off

Yes. Common accepted principle amongst detailers. You want small, tight beads.

I don't do this per say, but alot of people are of the belief that taking off the nozel and letting the water wash away the soap so it "Rasheeds" off is a good thing

- You are comparing apples to oranges. Jim's first pictures are on an unwashed surface to test for presence of wax - it has nothing to do with washing or soap. He tested on an unwashed surface so the test would not contaminated by the chemicals in the car wash soap.

- Jim conducted the test correctly by spraying the water up and letting it falls onto the car. This simulates rain.

- As I stated before, the after wash shots are not indicative of how much (if any wax) is left. (See previous posts).

Its all a matter of opinion for some people Pete and look at it like this, its raining out and then the sun comes out, do you want all that beading or the water to "Rasheed" off , thus leaving little or NO chance of water spots!

It is not opinion and "how people look at it".

Sheeting off? Look at the bumper on the carnauba side. It's a vertical surface and yet the water is jsut sitting there. There is no wax.

- Simple test -
Spray water onto a freshly waxed surface. What does it do? It beads.
Spray water onto an old, unwaxed surface such as my 95 Mystique which has never seen wax and what happens? The water pools / sits on the surface / sheets off. Just like the carnauba side in the picture above.

- Compare the roof to the hood and rear bumper. Why is the roof still beading and the hood and rear bumper not beading anymore? Shouldn't they be the same? It's because the carnauba is gone on the hood and bumper via evaopration, washing, heat, etc.

- In comparison from what I can tell from the pictures, the synthetic side is consistent throughout every surface.

Sorry Roger, but you're reaching and coming up with excuses for carnauba to be something it is not. For durability, carnauba can't touch synthetic - period.
jim thanks for the update, its very intresting to see...aand now we know why pete won the contest
I would never get a car dry by just letting it sit, regardless of the product used (unless it was a POS car I didn't care about). Same thing when I get out of the shower. Air dry or sun drying is not fun.

blowdry or wipe dry ftw
Originally posted by GTO Pete:

Sorry Roger, but you're reaching and coming up with excuses for carnauba to be something it is not. For durability, carnauba can't touch synthetic - period.

Owned.
When and where in the hell did I say that caranuba was better than syn/acrylics I added caranuba to the mix to give the car a more deep shine, thats it! Maybe thats why the beads aren't as tight. As I'm SURE you know Pete, caranuba adds depth, something "Z" or Klasse can't do because of what their made of.

With all the quotes Pete, are you trying to make me look bad I didn't see any of this coming, other than when we were working on the car at SZ and I looked over to see something or another you were doing and you covered something up. I've been PM'd by several members here in the CEG (will not reveal who they are) but its a general consensous your "Moses" or something in this matter. I just told them that Pete is very CONFIDENT and not arrogant in this matter and I'd appreciate the same kind of respect thrown my way

FWIW, heres a pre-wash wetting down of a mini-van I did back in early April. I invited this customer over today for a free wash/vac/spray waxing of his ride.

And afterwards...

Angry Catfish

Before this gets WAY out of hand I get PM's by people cursing me out again lets do this, next year, get an outside source to judge your cars finish against mine With an outside source theres no favorites or shoe-in's, how about it Pete

When and where in the hell did I say that caranuba was better than syn/acrylics .

I did not say you were saying that. You are coming up with reasons why the carnauba side is not beading anymore and I gave the real reasons why.

As I'm SURE you know Pete, caranuba adds depth, something "Z" or Klasse can't do because of what their made of.

I personally cannot tell the difference side-by-side between carnauba and a synthetic. I've done 1/2 carnauba and 1/2 synthetic on dark colored cars and had people look at it to tell me they couldn't tell a color difference between the halves. <shrug>

With all the quotes Pete, are you trying to make me look bad

Not at all Roger. I'm just pointing out what the "real deal" is. If you re-read my previous post, I explain why the carnauba side is "sheeting" as you put it.

I didn't see any of this coming, other than when we were working on the car at SZ and I looked over to see something or another you were doing and you covered something up.

I have no idea what that means....

I've been PM'd by several members here in the CEG (will not reveal who they are) but its a general consensous your "Moses" or something in this matter.

If me providing my detailing knowledge and passing on what I discover/learn is a problem with anyone, then they have a lot of growing up to do. PMing to badmouth someone behind their backs is as high school as you can get. I thought CEG was supposed to be a place for sharing information and learning. What does that make guys that know engines and cars like Stazi, warmonger, todras, etc.? Do they get badmouthed for their knowledge and sharing/helping CEGers?

...lets do this, next year, get an outside source to judge your cars finish against mine With an outside source theres no favorites or shoe-in's, how about it Pete

Two different cars is no basis for comparison. I didn't really see anything wrong with this year's comeptition. The ideal thing would be to detail the car behind closed doors and then let the public judge.

I just told them that Pete is very CONFIDENT and not arrogant in this matter and I'd appreciate the same kind of respect thrown my way

My post was not meant to disrespect you in any way - it was purely intended to correct many statements you have made. I don't think we've ever had any issues between us over the 5+ years on CEG. I have the utmost respect for your attention to detail and ability to make a car shine. I do however feel it's important that CEGers be provided the most accurate information possible. If I'm wrong someplace and anyone corrects me, I wouldn't look at it as a personal attack.

Here's carnauba on my roof. It beads when it's there:

Fresh carnauba on a test car. Tight beads. As it begins to evaporate, rubbed off by washing, etc. the beads lose tightness. When it begins pooling and sheeting off, it's gone. Carnauba last 4-8 weeks on a daily driver.
This post is really not fair because Zaino will out last any carnuba. Looking at the post you can clearly see that the Carnuba has burned off but you all have to remember that the driver side still has the protection of the Klasse. I have used Klasse on my car and it just does not bead like a carnuba would. Now, that does not mean that the car is not still protected.

Looking at the first picture you can see the water has indeed "ran-off" somewhere. On a unprotected car you would not get any sheeting action at all. The water would actually form puddles on the paint. If you can picture that.

I just want to add that is seems that Roger used Klasse Sealent Glaze. I was under the impression he used the All in One. Well, as you can see the sealent glaze ON ITS OWN is not going to hold up very well.

Klasse Sealent glaze is meant to work with Klasse AIO as a system. That is why you are able to get 6 months of durabilty out of the two products together.
Spring Zing 07

Kev and I vs. Mr. GTO

Petes Zaino vs Klasse twins and P21S.....

I'll do it, with the carnuba touch...
Originally posted by Bk4293:
Spring Zing 07

Kev and I vs. Mr. GTO

Petes Zaino vs Klasse twins and P21S.....

I'll do it, with the carnuba touch...

Umm thats basically the same thing I did

I think the next test should be "Z" vs. the Klasse twins w/o any "topper". Antonio is right, or Wright , the car still has protection from the Klasse SG after the caranuba has worn off. BTW Antonio, I used AIO first, then SG and topped it with Pinnacle "Souveran".

Another thing I thought about was this, when applying a second coat of Klasse SG your supposed to wait 8-12 hours inbetween coats, so when applying the caranuba "topper" immediately after the coat of SG on Scotts car, did that affect things, I wonder Either way, it was good to see what "Z" could do again and inperson because way back at SZ02' noone was impressed with it against Mequiars due to "improper prep", but then again, we didn't see the endurance results but I think we all know what "Z" does vs. caranuba toppers Long live layering of Klasse SG
Boring!!!!

Who freaking cares about what type of wax one use's!!!!!!

Originally posted by Decepticon:
Boring!!!!

Who freaking cares about what type of wax one use's!!!!!!

Good One!!! It's all about the Snappy Shine!!!
Please Jason, we don't want this thread getting locked, its bad enough I'm here
LOL You need all the wax you can get to run your 14.8's LOL

Arguing over wax is seriously stupid! I used the world famous Green turtle wax. [censored] was bananas! for sho

Whats up guys, no comment on this thing lookin' like a catfish

Arguing over wax is seriously stupid! I used the world famous Green turtle wax. [censored] was bananas! for sho

Some people take pride in knowing that their cars have 0 swirls and that the paint is in amazing condition, Just like others take pride in having the fastest 1/4 times.

If you dont have anything positive to say in this thread why even post?
Originally posted by Tourige:

Some people take pride in knowing that their cars have 0 swirls and that the paint is in amazing condition, Just like others take pride in having the fastest 1/4 times.

If you dont have anything positive to say in this thread why even post?

Hows the Terminator?
The "improper prep" was against Zymol, in my case.

He ran it when no one said he could. If anything all the wax weighed down his car....maybe it runs 14.6.
No one has seen slips. Chad so called ran a 14.7 also with his 160hp contour

Ask nicely....I'm sure he'd be glad to post them.
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

Ask nicely....I'm sure he'd be glad to post them.

I personally don't care!
Quote:

That was at SZ02' or 03', but then there was SZ04' where I pulled 171 hp, just like a couple of the others who were there with supposedly more "mods" than I had, i.e. the clean LIM/UIM and chips that raised the redline to like 7200 rpm, alot good that did As far as the slips go, well, I'm a pretty stand up guy when it comes to things like this, so I never felt I needed to show them here and FWIW, you can ask JD about them. When he was over w/ his Dad's ride a couple weeks ago I showed him the slips, just incase, but if you'd REALLY like to see them, I can do that

Now back on topic...turtle wax ice has a pretty hot girl doing their commercials, but under her name it says "automotive expert" and she rolled up on this guy with a 63' Chevy and asked him what year his car was Are you kidding me, you don't know what a 63' Chevy is, please!

Now back on topic...turtle wax ice has a pretty hot girl doing their commercials, but under her name it says "automotive expert" and she rolled up on this guy with a 63' Chevy and asked him what year his car was Are you kidding me, you don't know what a 63' Chevy is, please!

I think the "automotive expert" title was a joke.
Maybe, but then again, Dennis Gage has a show and I guarantee you I could do that show better For one I don't have a stupid mustache (Napolean Dynamite voice..."how long did it take you to grow that mustache?"), secondly I know to wear a belt when tucking in a shirt, I don't put my hand out half way around a car to shake someones hand, I never touch anyones car that I'm looking at and/or riding in and I'm not a dork (open for debate I'm sure ) IMO I'm certified CAR CRAZY!!!

NOW GIVE MY OWN SHOW ALREADY
since when is it a law to wear a belt when you tuck in your shirt?
belt buckles scratch paint.
if i have to wear a belt while working on cars or around them the belt buckle is always on my left side, so if i lean over a cars fender i don't scratch the paint.

but then again, i only wear a belt when i need one to hold up my pants.

as for the mustache, handlebars were very popular back in the day, and he likes it so its not too stupid.
plus it got his "face" more or less on pringles cans, well actually he got it there by developing alot of proctor and gambles products.

so he gets a little excited about meeting the owners of some really nice cars and reaches out for a handshake alittle early.

i am not saying that dennis isnt a little bit of a dork (we all are), but he has done a heck of a lot in his life and has earned the right to his show.

oh yeah, and how can you not touch someones car if you are riding in it?
Quote:

What I mean is this, when your riding shotgun, keep your hands and forearms from hangin' on the door where theres paint. I always had to remind my friends about that back in the day, especially ones with rings, watches on that hand and dare I say it, gold around their wrists I agree with most of the stuff you said Elky, especially the Pringles stuff, but its been a dream of mine to have a show where you go everywhere in the world to show people some wild, nice, different and unique cars. For example, when I subscribed to SCC, a guy in there had an older Golf w/ a Caddy Northstar in it I wanna see stuff like that, mixed in with the classics and SCC's
Quote:

What I mean is this, when your riding shotgun, keep your hands and forearms from hangin' on the door where theres paint. I always had to remind my friends about that back in the day, especially ones with rings, watches on that hand and dare I say it, gold around their wrists I agree with most of the stuff you said Elky, especially the Pringles stuff, but its been a dream of mine to have a show where you go everywhere in the world to show people some wild, nice, different and unique cars. For example, when I subscribed to SCC, a guy in there had an older Golf w/ a Caddy Northstar in it I wanna see stuff like that, mixed in with the classics and SCC's

Man I haaaate when people ride in my car with their hands outside and on the roof! Their greasy finger/hand prints are aaalllll over!
*Mr. Miagi voice

Danial-san, no mowa wax on. now onry wax off! Dis tread make dung of Frying Crane.
Originally posted by Trapps:
*Mr. Miagi voice

Danial-san, no mowa wax on. now onry wax off! Dis tread make dung of Frying Crane.

Quote:

Trapps
Highly Medicated Member

Umm, yeah
© CEG Archives