Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
This:

It happened today at about 8:15 a.m. (at the intersection of Plymouth and Farmington for the fellow SEMI'ers). I know the pics are crappy but I only had a camera phone with me. I was making a left and a kid ran the red light and hit me . We're both ok, and the airbags didn't go off or anything, but I fear the car is going to be totalled. Fortunately there was a witness (who was behind him right before the accident) who stopped to help me out, and the police ended up making him at fault and gave him a ticket for running a red light.

It's such a shame. I just got the car running again not even 2 months ago after I was without it for roughly 9 months. I had blown the original 2.5L engine and swapped in a 3L with all the goodies, and have barely gotten to enjoy it . I have so many thoughts going through my head, on top of being sad/mad/disappointed/upset/frustrated all at the same time. I almost teared up when I watched my car get towed away severely wounded.

I really really hope it'll get fixed, because I have no idea what I would do. If it gets totalled I might try to buy the car back and at least get the engine and trans out of it. I don't want a new car because I just paid off the CSVT literally 2 weeks ago and don't want more monthly payments. Anyways, I guess it's just time to sit and wait for the insurance to call with the verdict on my car
Ouch, trust me I feel your pain. I'm glad nobody was hurt and good luck with everything .

Aaron
OMG man...that terrible! Hopefully all turns out in your favor after you get paid off...
DAMN!@ That is totalled! Buy it back and I will help you get the motor out. Seriously I will volunteer some time for that!
what the hell is going on? EVERY time there has been an accident or a car possibly totaled on here, the car has only been in commission for a few months at max... Im sorry for your misfortune... if its totaled, im sure you can buy it back and fix it, doesnt look TOO horrible..
Glad all are ok but that really sucks i feel for ya my first svt was only around for a month before its early death
I'm sure it will work out just fine and glad to see that you're ok. But more importantly, please don't let that car go totalled and crushed. I'll buy the shell at least.
man that sucks. that was right near my house too. well if you need any extra parts or someone to fix it ill be willing to help. ive got an extra set of doors, and a friend has a spare hood. i wouldnt mind helping just tell me when and where. i know id like it if someone offered to help me so i thought id offer.
That car is totalled...the whole front end is tweaked beyond any repair.
Posted By: 111R Re: Want to see what a broken heart looks like? - 06/22/06 04:50 AM
dude that is such a shame. i hope things turn out for the better

-a
sorry to hear about that my heart sank a little today to i know its been said that the traid in value for one of out cars is low but i went to kelley blue book trade in value for my car today and it was about 650.00
Hope you get her fixed man, sad to see something happened to such an amazing car.
hate to see that for anyone-- none the less, i didn't think plymouth and farmington was too bad of an intersection (of course, every intersection is bad when people run lights)--- but i live about 5-7 minutes from there, so i'd know-- hope everything works out in your favor, just remember, a totaled car can be forgotten and replaced... a life cannot
Oh man... Such a nice 3L svt
Good to hear that you are ok, now buy it back and find another svt with a blown engine to swap your parts in !
From what I saw lately you can find a nice one for next to nothing !
That sucks man. Looks like it was hit pretty hard. Start planning for the worse . On the other hand, I have a Ranger for sale..

Or if it gets fixed, I have a hood. Your color. Let me know.
you guys consider that totalled? Geez, mine was MUCH worse then that and I was able to fix it myself. I will buy it from you, so I can finally have a SVT.
BEFORE

AFTER
Dude, that totally sucks. It does look like it's pretty tweaked -- the whole front is skewed towards the driver's side. Man...

Like someone else said -- what's with all the cars getting hit lately? And at least two have been just repaired/rebuilt weeks before! Stupid/careless/reckless people shouldn't drive.

Marty
I agree. The front end looks pushed over pretty good. Glad you weren't hurt. It sucks to see these SVT's getting wrecked. I hope the best for ya
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVT:
This:

It happened today at about 8:15 a.m. (at the intersection of Plymouth and Farmington for the fellow SEMI'ers). I know the pics are crappy but I only had a camera phone with me. I was making a left and a kid ran the red light and hit me . We're both ok, and the airbags didn't go off or anything, but I fear the car is going to be totalled. Fortunately there was a witness (who was behind him right before the accident) who stopped to help me out, and the police ended up making him at fault and gave him a ticket for running a red light.

It's such a shame. I just got the car running again not even 2 months ago after I was without it for roughly 9 months. I had blown the original 2.5L engine and swapped in a 3L with all the goodies, and have barely gotten to enjoy it . I have so many thoughts going through my head, on top of being sad/mad/disappointed/upset/frustrated all at the same time. I almost teared up when I watched my car get towed away severely wounded.

I really really hope it'll get fixed, because I have no idea what I would do. If it gets totalled I might try to buy the car back and at least get the engine and trans out of it. I don't want a new car because I just paid off the CSVT literally 2 weeks ago and don't want more monthly payments. Anyways, I guess it's just time to sit and wait for the insurance to call with the verdict on my car

I know kinda exactly how you are feeling. I had just supercharged my GTi VR6 (www.vf-engineering.com if interested)so it was running 280 at the crank. No more than 3 weeks after I got it running perfectly did I total it.

Only difference? My fault. Still haunts me and it was almost two years ago.
OUCH!!!! so so sorry i have the same feelings as everyone else....why in the WORLD are all these svt's being wrecked???? seems like there's another force trying to put us out of commission! at first glance it doesn't look so bad....but for your sake i hope you can at least get the goodies out of it. if i didn't owe so much on my car i'd sell you mine
Fuggin red light runners! It really doesn't look that bad to me. Just depends what things underneath got shifted. Looks like the hood, front bumper, and fender need replacing.
Originally posted by todras:
Fuggin red light runners! It really doesn't look that bad to me. Just depends what things underneath got shifted. Looks like the hood, front bumper, and fender need replacing.

Maybe a headlight too, Todd.
Originally posted by elraido:
you guys consider that totalled? Geez, mine was MUCH worse then that and I was able to fix it myself. I will buy it from you, so I can finally have a SVT.

Are you kidding me! Deer damage and frame damage ae two totally different animals That baby is out of commission.

Sorry about your loss man, i'd buy her back and swap the goodies into a blown SVT. It's probably the best bet unless they some how deam it fixable.
Originally posted by Twahn:

Maybe a headlight too, Todd.

Nah. You can Superglue that.
Totally sucks!!! I would of cryed, and as I was crying hoped that it was totalled. Easiest way to move on.

Agreed. Here was a mine a few months ago and they didn't total it. Best of luck, hope it works out for you.

[image][/image]
Bronco I saw you this morning!

I work at plymouth and Stark
That blows!!!
I'm sorry!
The most important thing is that you weren't hurt.

It looks like a borderline total to me judging by the fuzzy photos, Is your drivers side fender bent into your front door? If so I think thats enough body damage to push it into a Total loss. You would be amazed at how easy it is to pull a unibody frame back to factory specs. But theres only so many body panels that can be replaced, repaired and repainted (ESPECIALLY WITH SILVER FROST) before you reach your total loss threshold. In MI I believe your threshold is 75%, meaning that if repairing the damages come to within 75% of the value of the vehicle, you have a total loss on your hands.
All the doors seem to be ok. Somehow he managed to dent the right side of my rear bumper without touching the doors. I havent gotten to look under the hood to see what kind of damage was done, but I'm hoping the engine and headers (along with most everything else) is alright.

I'm not even sure what the official value of my car is, but when I hit a deer a year or so ago it caused over 4k in damage and it wasn't totalled.
Originally posted by XKontour98:

Are you kidding me! Deer damage and frame damage ae two totally different animals That baby is out of commission.

Sorry about your loss man, i'd buy her back and swap the goodies into a blown SVT. It's probably the best bet unless they some how deam it fixable.

Did you see how bad the radiator support was damaged on my car? It pushed the radiator support to within a couple of inches of the engine. Raditor sprung a leak like a siv. You can easily fix that in a couple of weekends of work (minus painting and stuff)
Sorry to see the car like that, but I'm happy your ok
Oh Jeez. Im feel for you. Hope everything turns out okay.
Sorry to see that happen.

Did you see how bad the radiator support was damaged on my car? It pushed the radiator support to within a couple of inches of the engine. Raditor sprung a leak like a siv. You can easily fix that in a couple of weekends of work (minus painting and stuff)

Listen...hitting a deer from the front and rolling your rad support back is a crapload different that getting broadsided as bad as he did. I am glad he is fine...but that car is done. From the looks of the pics...the subframe is shifted....it will never be the same......so if they fix it be preparred for it to drive different....it may be noticeable or it may not....but that is alot more damage than meets the eye.....trust me...I have wrecked a few cars in my day
Originally posted by Judge:

Listen...hitting a deer from the front and rolling your rad support back is a crapload different that getting broadsided as bad as he did. I am glad he is fine...but that car is done. From the looks of the pics...the subframe is shifted....it will never be the same......so if they fix it be preparred for it to drive different....it may be noticeable or it may not....but that is alot more damage than meets the eye.....trust me...I have wrecked a few cars in my day

AGREED 1000%

Having JUST pulled a motor out of a lightly wrecked SVT...I know what will total these cars out. His is dead for sure.
As Bad as it is for you, Just think of me crashing my 996 into a guardrail 3 months after I got it.................

My $18,000 one car accident, teepeed hood, broken $1000 a piece headlights, busted fenders,radiators and $2500 aero nose!

Hang in, either it'll be fixable or it won't. You are OK and you'll get over it eventualy.

Sorry man............
Originally posted by supertouringmike:
As Bad as it is for you, Just think of me crashing my 996 into a guardrail 3 months after I got it.................

My $18,000 one car accident, teepeed hood, broken $1000 a piece headlights, busted fenders,radiators and $2500 aero nose!

Hang in, either it'll be fixable or it won't. You are OK and you'll get over it eventualy.

Sorry man............

go ahead and rub it in...you have a 996 Porsche and we don't.....bastid......everytime I see thos enumbers I think Ducati......
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Update w/ Better Pics - 07/03/06 11:07 PM
The body shop manager told me the car was borderline totalled with about $4800.00 in damages, but he also said that it could be fixed, too. The problem is who knows if it can be fixed good enough to drive like it used to. I chose to have it totalled for this reason and because I would never get a higher amount for the car later on, especially after an accident of this magnitude. The insurance company hasn't yet told me how much I will be getting for my car, or if I will get any money back for the upgrades on it. I do have all of the receipts for the parts so we'll see what happens.

The below pictures are from a few days ago when I went to get the rest of my belongings and sound system out of it. I reset the fuel shut-off switch in the driver's side footwell and tried to start the car, and it didn't do anything It seriously brought tears to my eyes, like the car itself was dead and soul-less I just wanted to hear that beautiful V6 exhaust note one last time.

I'm still undecided on whether or not I will buy it back to part it out since I still don't know how much I'll have to pay for it, but I'll keep you guys updated about it.

Here are the pictures (High-Res available):

Posted By: wa2tuff Re: Update w/ Better Pics - 07/04/06 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Bronco_3LSVTotalled:
It seriously brought tears to my eyes, like the car itself was dead and soul-less I just wanted to hear that beautiful V6 exhaust note one last time.

This is just a damm shame! Everytime I go out, I'm afraid of some asshat doing something stupid. I find myself driving much more defensively than I used too. I almost never go into an intersection without looking both ways because of the moron who thinks he can beat the light.

"You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines."
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Update w/ Better Pics - 07/04/06 04:41 AM
IF it get's totalled, I will prob be interested in it. If you aren't
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Another Update - 07/21/06 05:13 PM
Well I ended up finally getting a check from my insurance for my car. I decided not to buy it back though, as it would've cost around $1100. If anybody's interested in it, I have the location, stock number and phone number of the place that will be holding a salvage auction on it. I don't know the date it will be held, though. My guess is the car will go for a lot less than $1100 at the auction. PM me if you want the info.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Another Update - 07/21/06 05:32 PM
You could have parted that thing out for well over 1100....

~Josh
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Another Update - 07/21/06 05:38 PM
Heck yea he could. The trans alone is worth that if it's built.
Posted By: pimpdcontour Re: Another Update - 07/21/06 05:40 PM
300 for rims and tires alone. 100 for stock exhaust. seats, console- trim pieces.

another svt gone but not forgotten.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Another Update - 07/21/06 05:47 PM
Could have made 3k parting it out I'd bet.
Posted By: Pole120 Re: Another Update - 07/21/06 05:55 PM
Could have made 3k parting it out I'd bet.

assuming a full interior in decent condition, some decent body panels(bumper\skirts), good suspension parts and the engine/trans that's certainly feasable...
Posted By: Bronco_WRX Re: Another Update - 07/21/06 06:22 PM
I know, I know, but I don't have the room nor the time to ungergo something like that.
Posted By: elraido Re: Another Update - 07/22/06 02:35 AM
i wonder if the the fiance will let me get it.
Posted By: MapOfTaziFoSho Re: Another Update - 07/22/06 04:54 AM
i wonder if the the fiance will let me get it.

Dibs.
© CEG Archives