Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: The Davis guess I've officially outgrown my 'tour - 06/06/06 07:15 PM
My son is getting his permit next week. He'll be getting my Contour (FRNKNFORD) when he gets his license. For now we'll take some time to get the clutch replaced and some other small items taken care of.

I don't know how many members here remember me, but I've had some fun w/ the Zetec platform in the past. I'll probably still help my boy do something here and there and I'll still be checking in here from time to time to look stuff up and possibly contribute to the occassional thread.

Anyway, the 'tour has spent most of the last few months in the garage. It's basically waiting on my son.

Here's my new toy:

Pretty stock for now, but I have a feeling it won't stay that way
moved to Pics & Vids, eh? I guess
Meh, its still a chevy
needs more contour pics
Thats cool it's staying in the family though man....
I sure he's gonna love that swxy black 2 lters of pure wxitement man!
Posted By: jtour Re: guess I've officially outgrown my 'tour - 06/07/06 12:46 PM
Nice to hear you are still keeping the tour in the family.

Truck looks good! Keep us posted on any mods you do to it.

Originally posted by Tour_Racer00:
Meh, its still a chevy

An elitist Contour owner...that takes balls.

To the others, thanks.
Posted By: MLuko Re: guess I've officially outgrown my 'tour - 06/08/06 12:11 AM
definatly on the other side of the spectrum compared to the 'tour.. I like it
I like it, too. I replaced a friggin' minivan with it - that's how much room this thing has to spare!

If I need a fix I can either take out the 'tour, the wife's Celica or (former) CEGer Po-Jay's new GTO
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:
needs more contour pics

okay, one for the road:

Originally posted by The Davis:
I like it, too. I replaced a friggin' minivan with it - that's how much room this thing has to spare!

If I need a fix I can either take out the 'tour, the wife's Celica or (former) CEGer Po-Jay's new GTO

I am not too sure that you will be whoring out my Goat! =-)

Nice Truck. You should share the pic of that driveshaft... It is GiNorMous!
Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:
I am not too sure that you will be whoring out my Goat! =-)

Nice Truck. You should share the pic of that driveshaft... It is GiNorMous!

You aren't gonna share the goat?!

This driveshaft is huge. I dunno how well you can tell from the pic

yessss. Another tour/stique owner goes to the Chevrolet side of power. Nice truck dude. At least your driveshaft and differential aren't getting the rusty treatment yet like mine (it's only an 02 geez)

And for the haters out there, you just don't know. An elitist Contour owner
Seems like the SW is replacing the entire fleet. At least there is one new CEGer coming into the fold (hopefully) when he gets his license.

Intresting choice to replace the `tour with. Anything planned?
*cough* STS Turbo *cough*
Not too much planned yet. When the original owner had the bed sprayed he didn't have the rails done, so I'm gonna set up an appointment to finish that.

Next I'll put an Undercover hard tonneau on the bed.

After that I'll get a Westin Bull Bar and some KCs on the front.

The last thing I'm sure I want to do is put on some full-length nerf bars.

Beyond that I don't have anything figured out (yet). I may replace the stock speakers, but I haven't decided yet.

I'd like to have something to pull, so maybe I'll add the Sport Boat mod sometime in the future

If I could figure out a way to do it and keep the tonneau cover on I'd really like to get one of those fuel transfer tool boxes. I don't think that's gonna happen, though.

My boy is excited to get his license. He digs the 'tour because it isn't the same Civic all his friends are driving around. Plus he loves the way it sounds (Zetec whine).
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
yessss. Another tour/stique owner goes to the Chevrolet side of power.....

Sorry for the thread-Jack Darrel, but I couldn't resist...

oh, and MadMerc, I don't really think I'm gonna do much to the motor. I'll put a different muffler on to open up 'er throat a little under hard accel but that's about all I can think of.

Po-Jay: that car is
I'd like to have something to pull, so maybe I'll add the Sport Boat mod sometime in the future

If I could figure out a way to do it and keep the tonneau cover on I'd really like to get one of those fuel transfer tool boxes. I don't think that's gonna happen, though.

Sport Boat Mod, FTW!
oh, and MadMerc, I don't really think I'm gonna do much to the motor. I'll put a different muffler on to open up 'er throat a little under hard accel but that's about all I can think of.

Po-Jay: that car is

Oh yeah?

See mine doesn't have throttle by wire

I bet you have the 5.3L. I've got the 4.8L, here's a clip of how it sounds from outside man.
http://media.putfile.com/Exhaust-o-da
Okay, Merc. What have you done to the exhaust? That's almost identical to the sound I'm looking for...subdued at idle/cruise but nice and beefy at WOT.

Yes, it's the 5.3 and I do believe it's throttle by wire, even though I haven't actually verified it yet.
That is 100% Factory-issued stainless steel exhaust right there. You have a newer model, and the stroker engine, so GM might have put a different muffler on. If you are really looking for a nice beefy sound on throttle, but quiet at idle and highway with little resonance, I'd go for a Magnaflow or Corsa. Those two are prohibitively expensive for me though. You might look at Hooker Aerochambers or some of the mufflers Spintech makes. Both are good choices.
hmmmm...I guess GM really managed to "improve" the noise levels of their trucks

I was considering those two brands, but I'm still researching so we'll see!
Posted By: Derk-xB Re: guess I've officially outgrown my 'tour - 06/09/06 01:26 AM
whoa...mean sounding exhaust from the factory

Darrel, nice truck. Have fun with the extra liters of displacement.
I wonder if the American Racing Torque-Thrust ST's fit that truck. If they do, chrome 20's would look great on there, especially if your keeping the chrome.
© CEG Archives