Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 05:18 AM
I finally got around to getting my Magnaflows mounted the other week . And now , am finally getting around to posting some pics . Whatcha think ?

I had them go with 2�¼" stainless from the "Y" on out , and add another hanger right in front of the "Y" , where the non-SVT's have the hanger (thought it'd be a good idea) .

I went with #14215 Magnaflows , 5"x8" polished stainless mufflers and these tips - Magnaflow #35125 (3�½" double-wall)

Here's another shot from out back :

I've only got about 60 miles on them so far (last saturday I drove the car quite a bit & racked 50 miles on it) , so I don't have much seat time with 'em , but I'm really diggin' them .
Sound ? Overall , not really that much different than my old exhaust (straight-thru glasspack "resonator" w/stock mufflers) - maybe a bit deeper out back - pretty much exactly the same sound from inside the car (which , I think , was a bit of a dissapointment to my wife ) . I think once they "burn-in" a bit , they'll probably mellow out nicely .
More power ? Who knows ?? I'd like to think so ... couldn't hurt , I guess ! I got rid of those restrictive stock "plugs" ... oh , I mean mufflers !
Posted By: Y2KSVT Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 05:22 AM
Can I ask why you didn't just stick with a stock SVT exhaust and have the mufflers welded in? 2-1/4" piping is the same as stock I believe, and mandrel bent to boot.

I think the tips could come up maybe 1/2" to fill the holes a little more, but it looks great other than that. LoadedSVT's tips look the same, so I'm assuming it's a similar setup. Not loud enough for me though.

Mark
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 05:32 AM
The system is basically my modified SVT system , with the Mags swapped-in at the rear from the "Y" on back . I may bring the tips up just a tad , but they're just down enough for me to get my fingers in there to clean 'em - which was my #1 concern . I just haven't had enough time to mess with 'em . I also made a new hanger (on the body) to hold the passenger muffler , that's an exact match for the driver's side hanger .
The stock SVT piping after the "Y" is 2" , BTW .
Posted By: Goonz SVT Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 05:52 AM
im really looking into that exhaust system..also Marks as well (tour4reak)
Posted By: Tourige Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 05:56 AM
are you sure those tips are 3.5"??? cause mine from trubendz are 3.5" and they FILL the exhaust cutouts.
Posted By: StreetDreams Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 07:07 AM
sure does look good...nice job
Posted By: 99SEsport2K4 Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 08:46 AM
Looks nice, any chance you could post a sound clip?
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 12:34 PM
Thanks for the comps so far .

The tips are definately 3�½" . Maybe the pics make 'em look smaller(?) , as you're not the first to tell me that (sent pics via e-mail to someone) . They're really a pretty darn nice fit in person , with about �½" all around the tip (just enough to get in & clean) . Maybe with the shiney black lower valance , the reflection throws the eye off ?

I don't have the capabilities to do a sound clip , but hopefully we'll soon be having a local meet & maybe someone will be able to hook the CEG up with a sound clip . It's been so long since I had my stock system mounted , I really don't remember what it sounded like , but it's definately louder than THAT . It's got a nice low rumble at idle & sounds pretty darn good from inside the car through the driving range . I'll have to have the wife drive the car past me to hear it from outside at roadspeed . I'm kinda curious too .
Posted By: getsum111 Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 02:58 PM
Looks cool ALlen. Can't wait to see it, prob. at Carlisle. Nice job.
Scott
Posted By: WorldTour_dup1 Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 03:37 PM
The tips look small because they are mounted a tad bit to low allowing more space around them.

-Mark
Posted By: LUCA_dup1 Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 03:50 PM
Looks great!
It sounded real good on the phone but I bet it sounds better in person.
Strange how we like to hear our cars during a "drive by". I was out the other day and drove by Ken, he called me on the cell to tell me that the car sounded good.
Posted By: jtour Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 05:27 PM
Originally posted by StreetDreams:
sure does look good...nice job

Love that car.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 09:48 PM
Lookin' good!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 10:09 PM
I like it.
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
I finally got around to getting my Magnaflows mounted the other week . And now , am finally getting around to posting some pics . Whatcha think ?

I had them go with 2�¼" stainless from the "Y" on out , and add another hanger right in front of the "Y" , where the non-SVT's have the hanger (thought it'd be a good idea) .

looks good
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 11:19 PM
Thanks again , guys . I can't wait till spring so I can rack some miles on it & enjoy the new exhaust a bit . I'm gonna probably tuck the tips up a bit further , but not right this second . It's actually pretty convenient where it's at , but may look a bit nicer a little higher .
Overall , even with the tips like they are , I'm pretty happy with the job they did .
Posted By: 96 M edition Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/24/06 11:27 PM
hey allen,what did you do with you the pipes/mufflers they cut off,through them out?
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/25/06 12:34 AM
Those tips look pretty familiar...
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/25/06 02:13 AM
Originally posted by owen_SVT:
Those tips look pretty familiar...

Yup , they should , Owen - your car was the inspiration ! Danke Sch�¶n .

Chris (tour96SeVT) - PM sent
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/25/06 02:16 AM
I bet it sounds damn good! I think those are the best lookin' tips for the CSVT, no doubt about it I have a Magnaflow SS muffler on my Crossfire and it makes the car sound ALOT better now, but then again, it was pretty quiet to start with
Posted By: owen_SVT Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 02/25/06 03:04 AM
Well im glad i could be of assistance to you!!!
Posted By: Buddy Palumbo Re: Got Magnaflow ? I do ! - 03/02/06 01:01 PM
Well I drove the car to work yesterday , so I could swing past the muffler shop to have the guy tweak the tips up about �¼" , and he was on vacation !! I guess I'm gonna have to wait a little while to have him work him magic .
© CEG Archives