Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
that looks pretty sweet! Let us know when you get them done and take some night shots!
Posted By: Pole120 Re: A little project I am working on...... - 11/15/05 07:34 PM
Looks a lot like what i'm working on rihgt now....very nice. May i ask where you sourced your LED units? Locally i have been able to find little in the price rage i have for the project.
what does it look like on the back?
instead of 15 million veiws of the front
otherwise, looks good!
post pics when you get them on!
Posted By: GS474 Re: A little project I am working on...... - 11/15/05 08:09 PM
thats gonna blind people (i want some)
Nice, you're keeping the side reflector from the clear lense...good thinking.
Posted By: BSOELMAN Re: A little project I am working on...... - 11/16/05 12:04 AM
what are the lights you are useing, I have been wanting to do this but need some info, are you just going to run them like the stock lights, aka same light for stop and turn or are you doing something to get the other lights to blink for the turn while one is still on for the brake. what I want to do is run one unit for tail and brake along with a side marker and then remove that silver plastic trim at the bottom and get a string of amber leds to make a turn signal. any thoughts and how that would work wiring wise.
Posted By: jtour Re: A little project I am working on...... - 11/16/05 12:11 AM
LED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweet! Mad props on the custom work!

Good job on the tailights, but I couldn't help but notice the guitar on the way, who are your influences
thye are loking great!

we need more details though.....DETAILS MAN!
Posted By: R_G Re: A little project I am working on...... - 11/16/05 01:05 AM
Originally posted by The EX- Striped SVT:
Good job on the tailights

Yup, and do I hear a GB here?
Cover up the little chrome strip on the bottom with some blackout tape while your at it, you'll be glad you did, trust me
Cover up the little chrome strip on the bottom with some blackout tape while your at it, you'll be glad you did, trust me

Good call Roger!

<==== (* Starts thinking about his Mystique lights *)
Originally posted by ToasterOven:
what does it look like on the back?

They are not finished so the back just has open wires.
Originally posted by BSOELMAN:
what are the lights you are useing, I have been wanting to do this but need some info, are you just going to run them like the stock lights, aka same light for stop and turn or are you doing something to get the other lights to blink for the turn while one is still on for the brake.

They are just 4" truck leds which will be Stop/Park and 2" truck leds which will be Stop/Turn
Good job on the tailights, but I couldn't help but notice the guitar on the way, who are your influences

My musical influences are extremely varied; Jimi Hendrix would have to be one of my absolute favorites though.

Actually, I have something a little different planned, I am going to make these lights work with my Pre98 lights on my bootlid......
© CEG Archives