Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: KingpinSVT Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 03:40 AM
Well, in honor of my soon to be new redline, I purchased a shift light so I dont over rev. I got around to mounting it this afternoon. On the bottom of the mounting tab there is a round piece (cylinder shaped) that sticks out a 1/4" or so. I drilled a hole in the side of the AC vent for this to stick through. I then figured out the angles I wanted, then epoxied the bracket on.

All I have to do now is fill in the gaps around the sides of the light (have a few easy ideas brewin), wire it, and get everything back on the car.

Pics!

And how am I raising my redline you ask?

Will be getting dyno proof of gains soon. Right now I am fairly conservatively tuned, because the tuner wanted to see how my car reacted to altitude, plus between the A/F from the dyno and the data logging on this, he will be able to nail the final versions. I will say its much smoother, and 3rd gear is beginning to rip!
Posted By: The Five-Oh! Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 03:42 AM
i want an SCT
Posted By: JustinCSVT Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 03:49 AM
Originally posted by 5V7 Dr1v3r627:
i want an SCT

ditto
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 03:51 AM
i want an xcal 2
I've got an SCT... Not an Xcal-2 but a 4-program flip-chip...
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 04:25 AM
Wait, hold on...is that your shift light? SWEET!
Posted By: Loco4G63 Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 05:40 AM
I need me a flash!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 01:20 PM
Could have mounted it behind the vent in the left side. No need to cut up the coin holder. The vents also subdue some of the light. IT IS BRIGHT!!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 02:15 PM
you are going to love it kingpin. the xcal2 is friggin awsome. you never will belive how much power is in reserve past fords rev limiter.
I mounted my shift lit behind the vent on the left..
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 02:53 PM
You smare.
actually, Sam was smare...I just copied hiim :-)
Posted By: Hydramatic Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/03/05 06:25 PM
Originally posted by todras:
Could have mounted it behind the vent in the left side. No need to cut up the coin holder. The vents also subdue some of the light. IT IS BRIGHT!!

No kidding...you can see people's shift lights all the way down the track here...I'd put one in every AC vent, just to pi$$ off all my passengers...

;
Because you KNOW I need like four of them with an ATX.
Posted By: KingpinSVT Installed pics - 11/03/05 08:05 PM
Got her all put pack together. I think it looks great in its current location. Its set far enough back in the tray that its fairly stealthy without being totally hidden.

And your right, it is bright as hell. Though most of the times I see it will only be on the start up flash

Ill get some new pics later of it installed

EDIT: Here it is all finished!

Posted By: Big Daddy Kane Re: Installed pics - 11/03/05 10:33 PM
Aesthetically pleasing to my eyes since it's fairly hidden.

Looks good!
Posted By: ryanblacksvt Re: Installed pics - 11/03/05 10:45 PM
lookin good man.
Posted By: R_G Re: Installed pics - 11/03/05 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:
lookin good man.

you mean cell phone holder?
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 03:03 AM
Originally posted by The Mad Ugly SVT:

you mean cell phone holder?

you mean condom holder??
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 03:35 AM
You mean worthless indentation begging to be filled with something useful? LOL. What phone fits in there anyway?

BTW, this damn light is bright as hell. Even with the night cover on!
Posted By: csvtjohnga Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 03:41 AM
i also was thnkin what phone wuld fit ther..... o well
Posted By: Stazi Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 08:16 PM
Chris, you need to modify the Omnifi bracket so it sits cleaner and closer to the console.
Posted By: XKontour98 Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 08:32 PM
Lookin good as always!
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Chris, you need to modify the Omnifi bracket so it sits cleaner and closer to the console.

Yeah I know. Thats my one little project that constantly nags me. Ive been putting off buying a tap set for too long, its about time to get one so I can clean that up.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 11:04 PM
you did a nice job. When i mounted mine as you saw in the pics i sent you, the light stuck out quite a bit more, but i wanted it that way, cause when its that far back you cant ever take out/change the pill. Only down side to mounting that far back or in the vent.
And btw, keep you eyes on the road, cause you got one busy azz dash,
Posted By: StreetDreams Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 11:09 PM
sweet job man....looks good .
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/04/05 11:12 PM
Originally posted by dubkatz:
you did a nice job. When i mounted mine as you saw in the pics i sent you, the light stuck out quite a bit more, but i wanted it that way, cause when its that far back you cant ever take out/change the pill. Only down side to mounting that far back or in the vent.
And btw, keep you eyes on the road, cause you got one busy azz dash,

Thanks. And thanks again for letting me check out your pics. I was having a hard time trying to figure out how I was going to mount it back there, but then when I started taking the thing apart, I figured out how I could re-arrage some of the mounting brackets and not use some pieces to mount it to the side there. Worked out very well with just a little thinkin'!

BTW, proform doesnt use pills Though I cant get to the dial either, but you can see its fixed in place anyway. If for some reason I needed to get to it, I could have in in my lap in about 5 min.
Posted By: Klasse Act Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/05/05 12:32 AM
Most dyno numbers show the CSVT flatten out after 6750 and unless you do some head work, its not going to make much of a difference, am I wrong
Posted By: KingpinSVT Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/05/05 01:17 AM
I believe you are wrong. SVT cams dont give up the ghost until after the stock redline. Another added benefit is that 60mph can be achieved in second gear, instead of 3rd. Well, every gear lasts a bit longer so less shifting.
Posted By: TaurusKev Re: Productive afternoon (new goodies) - 11/05/05 05:41 AM
Where do you put your change?

Hehe, just messin, looks rather nice, since it isnt that visible in plain sight.
© CEG Archives