Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
you're missing a headlight
Originally posted by SVTatGT:
you're missing a headlight

lol it got jacked by some EVO owner lol
sweet lookin pic george.
looks mean.
Needs molded in wide body and less 4x4 in rear.
Originally posted by todras:

The kit is molded (flares on skirt). I spent over 4k on paint and body work, so this isnt a MAACO job. Its a Lexus paint code with additional pearls and metallics. It was impractical for me to mold it onto the body. The black and pearl attracts so much heat, and since I do drive my car and its not a show car, accidents do happen and its cheaper to repair this way.

Its a 4x4 in the rear, because the ground controls were set all the way up and the Konis were set to stiff. I pulled .2 seconds off my time by setting it this way.

Thanks for the comments.

george
Posted By: LadyX Re: Just thought Id share a pic * 56k warning* - 10/18/05 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Nemesis950psi:

The kit is molded (flares on skirt). It was impractical for me to mold it onto the body. The black and pearl attracts so much heat, and since I do drive my car and its not a show car, accidents do happen and its cheaper to repair this way.

Its a 4x4 in the rear, because the ground controls were set all the way up and the Konis were set to stiff. I pulled .2 seconds off my time by setting it this way.

Thanks for the comments.

george

George, lookin good as always. I remember how awesome the custom CF paint scheme on the hood looked at CWZ 05'. Regarding the suspension comments, he is without a headlight and at a drag racing track in the picture. Hell George, I couldn't care if you were running without fenders. If it's at the track, it's allowed! Glad to see you are finding ways to cut your 1/4s down. Nice work, and hope to see you down at the winter Miami meet. (Check SE forum for details).

-gigi

Edit: Also George, loose the 25lb Velox's and you can shave another 00:00:00:20

Thanks for the comments.

george

You'd think Todd would have already known that...does look pretty mean that way...
Originally posted by RTStabler51:
You'd think Todd would have already known that...does look pretty mean that way...

Originally posted by RTStabler51:

Need clarification?
Apparently. Yes I understand car dynamics for drag conditions. My comment has nothing to do with that though. I'll also stand by the point of having the kit molded to the body for a less tacked on look. Also spacers for the wheels to also lessen the tacked on look. Otherwise it's coo.
I was referring to the 4x4 comment ;-)
Thats one crazy contour!
gigi the headlight is removed i belive for more airflow to the cai
Posted By: jtour Re: Just thought Id share a pic * 56k warning* - 10/18/05 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ryanblacksvt:

Exactly!^^^^^^^^^^^

cpt obvious to the rescue.
tacked on look. LOL Youve never seen the car in person I guess.

But thanks Gigi for the comments. Im gonna try to make it.
Doesnt look to tacked on to me?

I didnt want spacers because I adjust my suspension a lot per conditions and what Im doing with the car. With spacers I have a high chance of cracking my flares. Need further explanation as to why it wasnt practical for me?

I also couldnt care less anymore how it looks, Im happy with my 1/4 times, and now im moving on to something a bit more fun with the car.
I also couldnt care less anymore how it looks, Im happy with my 1/4 times, and now im moving on to something a bit more fun with the car.

like what...
Originally posted by 99cougar:

like what...

lol leave me alone aaron
Nice cat! Shorten up those shift times though! What have you done to the ATX to take that beating though??
mods???
Originally posted by 96BlackSE:
mods???

A lot.

Nice lookin' car. When's the next time that you'll be out on Barrett?
Posted By: TjZ Re: Just thought Id share a pic * 56k warning* - 10/19/05 02:39 AM
I love that Cougar... sweet pic george. That car is clean and awesome it is not tacked on all I have to say is see it in person. peace.
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:

whoa, ive seen that pic before and its obviously funny, but i just realized that dude has pink nailpolish on!

sweet cougar dude. i agree with the wheel thing, but if spacing is a concern with cracking the flares then oh well. it still looks damn good the way it is. do you drop the rear when not at the track? (hope so...)

what kind of go-fast mods do you have? im curious as to why/how your tq #s are so much higher than your hp..
Posted By: Stazi Re: Just thought Id share a pic * 56k warning* - 10/19/05 02:18 PM
Are you spraying or is it a 3L or both?
Posted By: LadyX Re: Just thought Id share a pic * 56k warning* - 10/19/05 03:39 PM

Thanks captain fudgepack burger obvious! Ryan, the main idea in my post revolved around cosmetic alterations becoming systemic at the track, thus your $0.2 are just obvious information. This thread needs less ryanblacksvt...

Originally posted by Stazi:
Are you spraying or is it a 3L or both?

he's spraying a 75 shot to a 2.5 with all the bolt-on mods you can do.
Originally posted by 99cougar:

like what...

lol leave me alone aaron

no seriously what are you "bit more fun" plans?...you can PM me if you want...i'm an uncrackable safe...you should know that i have a few secret about you that could, well let's just say they could!

just playin'
Thats the best lookin' Cougar I've ever seen , well the best lookin' newer styled Cougar that is. My favorite is the 70' Eliminator in that orange/yellowish color
Pretty kitty!
Nice! I like what you've done.
© CEG Archives