Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: TheRock249 Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 06:10 PM
Just got my SVT back from the shop. My secondaries weren't opening, so i told them to check it out and also to flush the brake fluid and inspect the braking system.

This is what i got back:

They fixed the prob with the secondaries, and told me my brakes were in good shape. Whats all the 7/32" stuff, is that maybe saying that my brake pads still had enough material on them?

Also, after searching CEG, i told them to check the IMRC regarding the secondaries, meaning intake manifold runner controller thingy. They have it listed as IRCM, is this part listed just a new IMRC box?
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 06:20 PM
Says tire so it looks like they inspected them and they are at 7/32nds. Look like they just replaced the IMRC. Same thing you could have done. $110 from Jenkins. If the connection to the LIM is there then the circuitry in the IMRC is bad. Doesn't get any easier than that. Oh and everything else. You we don't speak Spanish here.
Posted By: Stazi Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 06:23 PM
Looks like you got charged $177.80 for labour (3 hours), $7.41 for a bushing on the IMRC linkage and another $29.95(0.5hr of labour) to check your brakes. And $20.78 for who knows what - the hell of it?

Cliff notes = you got fuxored!
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 06:27 PM
Doh! Guess I should have looked at it better. Was surmising that an IMRC from a dealer is about that much. Jumped on the jump to conclusions matt w/o really reading it. I'm guessing the IMRC cable popped off and they decided to put on a new little gromet for [censored] & giggles. What Staz said...

Why you didn't look into this yourself since you've been here for 3 yrs. well.
Posted By: frenchblueC2_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 06:33 PM
was there someone there that you could have discussed the bill with before you paid it?
Maybe it's best if you have someone from there decipher it for you in person
Posted By: Davo Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Stazi:
Cliff notes = you got fuxored!

LMAO
Posted By: Christian_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 11:19 PM
"Customer pay shop charge for repair order"

WTF is that ?? They're charging you a score for just asking them to fix it ?

7/32" is the measurement ... 7 x 32nds of an inch. Used for measuring tyres, and by the looks of this brakes too (measured in mm's on my sheets).

According to the Ford dealers checklist I have infront of me for tyres, 'red' (meaning replace NOW) is 3/32nds .. and 'yellow' is 8/32nds (when replacing is a good plan).

Also IRCM is IRMC.

Looks like you got screwed for labour for sure!
Posted By: AppleNerd Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/16/05 11:34 PM
Holy cow!

You got totally hosed for them to replace what is essentially a plastic grommet, check your tires and look at your brakes.

There is absolutely no way it took them 3 hours to replace that grommet, it took me 10 minutes! Unless they charged you diagnostic time. It's a legit repair for that complaint, but I think 3 hours of labor for that is pretty high. Plus $20 in shop charges? I think that is a little excessive also. I know that a lot of stealerships charge a fixed percentage for shop towels, brake clean, etc. But this repair required very little of that.

If this was my car, I would despute this bill. I would make them justify it to you.

Posted By: NorMich99SE_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 12:24 AM
Ok, as far as your question about measurements, yes the 7/32" is a tread depth measurement. The "multipoint inspection" is something Ford does, something like 27 points or something. My job is to do the brake inspection part of this at my local dealership, so I'm quite familiar with it.
Everything under line "B" is part of the multipoint, we use a color coded system, red,yellow, green, it works just like a stop light. GBatt, GBk, and GTire are all abbreviations for "green" measurements, in other words, your brakes, battery and tires are fine. Although if your pads are at 5mm and 6mm as stated near the bottom your right at the bottom of our green spec for pad thickness.
Now, the labor part, dealers charge and arm and a leg, and sometimes a firstborn child for labor. But, remember that the labor is for more than just replacing the part, it's likely also for diagnostic time. The bill shows you charged for 2 hours for EEC diagnostic and replace the bushing which cost the 177, then the $7 part, and a fee for the brake inspection. Looks like theres some other labor in there somewhere though. I'd go back and simply ask the service advisor to explain the charges to you so you can see how it all adds up.
Hope all that helps you out though.
Posted By: dubkatz_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 04:43 AM
Yea i would find out if they actualy replaced the imrc box. If they didnt i would go back and raise hell. 177$ for a 10cent gromit.
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 12:52 PM
Originally posted by NorMich99SE:
But, remember that the labor is for more than just replacing the part, it's likely also for diagnostic time. The bill shows you charged for 2 hours for EEC diagnostic and replace the bushing which cost the 177, then the $7 part, and a fee for the brake inspection. Looks like theres some other labor in there somewhere though. I'd go back and simply ask the service advisor to explain the charges to you so you can see how it all adds up.
Hope all that helps you out though.

Right most dealers take the long way around for some reason. Seems like they rely too much on computers instead of looking at the area where the problem arises. If your fix doesn't cost too much they'll hit you with labor generally.
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 04:19 PM
well they did completely flush the brake fluid, so im sure thats included in the labor charge somewhere. I actually figured the bill would be a lot higher, this is one of the cheapest bills i've had there. This doesnt really bother me too muhc, just glad to have my car back in working order again, just curious as to the language thy're using here.
Posted By: muskamike Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 04:23 PM
cough cough, Ford just charged me 23.50 to look at my rotars to tell me they couldn't machine it. They sent me home to get the lug key and half way there, they call me back to say they can't do it. The whole way back i'm thinking why the hell they told me to go get it, when they could of just looked at it.

Then they charged me. They washed my car, but still, I'll wash my own SVT thanks. Savages.

Gonna get a set of rotars and break pads from Stazi soon.

They qouted me 185$ per rotar or something. and 60$ per pad.

I hate dealerships.
-------"ROTORS"------NOT "ROTARS"---------
Posted By: TheRock249 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 06:09 PM
bahahaha
Posted By: todras_dup1 Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/17/05 07:06 PM
Originally posted by bigMoneyRacing:
-------"ROTORS"------NOT "ROTARS"---------

Ah he's Canadian. I think that's how they spell it there. Good thing he took it to a stealer. If you can't spell it don't work it yourself.
Posted By: steel Re: Who can decifer my Ford Bill? - 06/21/05 02:27 AM
Steve,
I'm not a mechanic but I looked under the hood and saw that the metal rod that opens your secondaries is not attatched to anything and found and bought the 7 dollar bushing. Your certified Ford mechanic should be better than that and if it did take them that long in labor shame on them! They need training and not at your expense.
© CEG Archives