Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: B.Brattina Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 05/31/05 01:13 AM
Hey everyone-- I'm pretty sure my rear springs on my '99 svt are broken or something due to the rear end wheels nearly in the well and the front still remaining at stock height--- i'm looking for your combo or your preferred best combination and possibly prices-- i'm a college student so i don't have an extremely high amount of money, but something managable to get the best bang for my buck--- thanks

Blake
Posted By: SleeperZ Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 05/31/05 01:18 AM
I am very pleased with the BAT kit that I just installed.

Nice ride quality and much improved handling.
Dropped the car about an 1".
BAT Kit right here

bumpity bump
Originally posted by judis:
bumpity bump

get used to it
yeah this forum moves slightly fast haha
Posted By: m!key Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 05/31/05 03:29 AM

H&R front springs, eibach rear springs, stock struts.
Koni and B+G sports, best money i spent, may cost more than you'd like but it's well worth it.

BAT European Handling Kit
Here are some pics of my koni kit. It cost me $630 shipped from ajusa.com with the gift4u $30 off promo code. The BAT kit is $595 before shipping, and I got adjustable koni struts. This is a prime example of THE best bang for your buck suspension kits.

Posted By: R_G Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 02:26 AM
BAT struts, H&R fronts, Eibach rears

H&RS and KONIS.

Bat struts w/ Eibach springs

day of install

about a week later

and finally right before SZ

Posted By: NVSVT Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 04:35 AM
Originally posted by I-Dom-In-8-130Hp:
H&RS and KONIS.

Hey Dom, what wheels do you have on your car?
Posted By: ODC Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 05:32 AM
Pretty sure those are OZ Superleggras NVSVT
Originally posted by ODC:
Pretty sure those are OZ Superleggras NVSVT

Thats what everyone thinks but they are Rev Model 12s

Posted By: liquidX Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 05:50 PM
Running Koni struts with Ground Control coilovers set at 2.50" front and 2.25" rear drop. The advantages of GC is beyond ride height adjustment. When used with Koni Struts, handling is unparalleled.

Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 06:15 PM
B+G Sport (1.6 inch) with KONIs

Ok, I'm done being a whore.
Originally posted by CSVT1214:

whose that pretty gal in the back
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Goonz SVT:

Someone you don't know and I do.

Someone you don't know and I do.

Posted By: NVSVT Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 07:04 PM

Looks good except for one thing; where is your grille?!
Posted By: CSVT1214 Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 06/01/05 07:05 PM
Originally posted by NVSVT:

Looks good except for one thing; where is your grille?!

It was being painted when I took that shot. It's done now though.
Hello

I live in Seattle, have a 2000 SE 2.5 with 62M on the odometer. Front shocks are in need of replacement, too spongy, firmness gone; am considering replacing either the shocks alone with sport units, such as BAT Euros, SPAX, etc. Have decided stock SVT or SE units might also be acceptable with my stock springs, which the Dealer says are fine.

However, how do you like your BAT kit? I would like to know if you have experienced any scraping (since you are one of a very few who has the BAT kit on anything but an SVT). Also, how whould you characterize the ride? Is it supple enough to absorb the vibrations and bumps?

MY SE transmits all the road vibration, and the dash is suffering from it.

I have spoken with Chris at CTA and with BAT, and they have strongly recommended the BAT kit as opposed to installing sport shocks with stock springs.

Your experience?

Would appreciate any thoughts you might have.

Thanks

Eric
Ive had the BAT kit for a year now and I've never been more happier..the feel on the road is excellent, its almost like a regular car feel while still having the ability to take sharp corners..The drop is not as drastic (1-inch) as other suspension kits but the difference is night and day..Im 100% positive that you will not regret having the BAT kit.
Posted By: ChiliSVT Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 03/05/06 06:37 AM

don't know, but i'd like to take her to that tent and bumpity bump!
Originally posted by VistaSVT:

don't know, but i'd like to take her to that tent and bumpity bump!

lol grow up kids-- haha-- i have the same setup as him, i'll take some pictures soon, just got the digital back up to school and just waxed this weekend in michigan- (better start taking pics soon before the salt gets to the car again)

Posted By: blu_fuz Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 03/05/06 01:40 PM
stock 95 SE struts on Ground Control Coilovers - I have a extra set of coilovers and new GAB G-FORCE shocks for sale if someone wants them... i am installing my konis next week.... mmmmm
...Im 100% positive that you will not regret having the BAT kit.

Wow, old post. Anyway, I have the bat kit on my Mystique as well. with stock wheels & tires, the difference is AMAZING. Compliant, comfortable, yet firm & sporty. Add my 17" ST200s and the car becomes very sporty & can handle most anything I throw it into.

If you're gonna keep the stock springs, go with the Bill Jenkings stock replacement value struts. Can't go wrong at that price...
Posted By: Tourgasm Re: Pic Request: shocks/springs combo--- - 03/06/06 10:00 PM
BAT

© CEG Archives