Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
a short while back I posted about a friend whom was buying a civic, well today we had some extra time, so did a quick photoshoot... They pics came out REALLY good, REAL mean lookin.

Don't care for the Civic too much, it looks like he just lowered the front and not the rear.
looks cool. does it have hydros? cuz the back is way higher than the front!
something's going on with that suspension. there are a number of possiblities but there is definitely something. i have helped drop quite a few of those civics and the ONLY time it looked like that was when we cut a coil in the front and not in the back. be a pal, help him get it fixed.
Contour = nice
Civic = rice
yeah, I know the springs in the front are cut, he likes it. But im trying to convice him to go to a boneyard and get a couple of used springs and I would help him replace them. its not a bad car for 2100$

And no, the Civic is not rice, it has a cold air intake, headers. VERY well taken care of car. It does have a V-tec (as the badge on the back says). Its about as fast as my tour'in the 0-35, but I cream him after that. the only problem is that his is an ATX. but he bought it as a daily driver, and didnt really care if it was auto or stick.
Look like an old school drag racing setup when people use to use air scks in the back.

I bet $100 he cut a coil in the front and left the rear "As-is" - poopy!

I have a version of Paint Shop Pro which I don't even know how to use! There's books on the subject, I need to get one.

Playing around with your images. They're a little grey, some contrast & brightness work wonders.
Originally posted by svt4stv:
we cut a coil in the front and not in the back. be a pal, help him get it fixed.

if you're a pal, you won't be cutting any coils.
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:
we cut a coil in the front and not in the back. be a pal, help him get it fixed.

word

Haha Alias little did you know that when you were in work i snapped a picture of your car... hahahahahahahaha!
you sneaky bastard... lol
Originally posted by MxRacerCam:

i didnt mean "be a pal, help him cut the back." i meant help him fix it, ie convince him to fix it.

IMHO, nothin wrong with cutting aftermarket coils. i have done it many times and everyone i know has done it. for a honda, it just makes it lower/cooler. but that was back in the day when i was into "SLAM", when it was all about being low. oh yeah, your tires last about 6-12 months but thats the price you pay for having a bad-ass slammed ride. then there are always ground controls....

nowadays, i would just recommend tossing in some Eibachs, H&Rs, or Progress and calling it a day. depending on the drop wanted, you can choose from .5 to 2.5" depending on the manufacturer. Progress ride really nice and have about a 2" drop. my bud who owns a shop gives me these for $100 for Hondas. a few bucks over cost. if you know anyone who owns a shop or realllly look around, you should be able to find a similar deal. you dont have to pay big bucks for springs. heck, i see used eibachs, etc. for about $50 all the time. just as good as new.
Originally posted by Ali as Jerk:
The pics came out REALLY good, REAL mean lookin.

Your talking about the tour right?

Your friend looks like he would drive that car....For $2100, I would buy that car and clean it up, it looks like a cross eyed ricer got his hands on it. He has A vtec?...WTF does that mean? the musclecar look does have to go also.
I wouldn't have thought twice about the car (everyone has their tastes- respect) untill I saw him posing like that. If you stand by your car, stand by your car and smile.

But cool pics, anyways.
on the posing.....nice pics though
we just did the posing pictures to match the driver with the car. I didnt origionaly mean to post them, but I didnt pay attention to what pictures I selected, I just used all of them.
im just jokin round with ya............its all good
Civic not!
Never realized how much the headlights look alike on the 2 cars.....
Pretty nice pix. Uhhhhhh, were you aware that someone stuck a big ol wastebasket over your muffler????
yeah, I knew I would get made fun of for that Canister muffler. My stock one had a hole through it, so I said "to hell with it" and ordered that one for 38.99 SHIPPED. and it has a nice deep tone to it. Im trying to mod my car cheaply, next im thinking about a resonator... It sounds really good to.
I'm just messin witcha.....
WTF???

Why cut the front (if anything at all) and not the back? That's like taking a dump and not wiping your arse
Originally posted by mdaj:
WTF???

Why cut the front (if anything at all) and not the back? That's like taking a dump and not wiping your arse

I agree... I told him to get some used Eibach's from E-bay or something, ANYTHING but cutting them.
are they cut stocks? or cut aftermarkets?

IMHO i think he got a great car for the money.
cut stocks
that's gotta ride like crap. very bouncy.
here's a decent price on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7927853927&category=33586&sspagename=WDVW
2.3" drop baby! no cutting needed. rides real nice tooooooo
Is that Civic what Mr T is gonna drive around in during the new A-Team movie?
I suggested he get something like that... but I think he should get a 1.75 Inch drop... This is his "winter" car, but he keeps wanting to mod it.

hmmm, very similiar to the saturn thug pic....

you have to be kidding me.
why isnt he flashing west side... damn it all, flash west side... wait i mean east side... its a civic
Originally posted by 5speed3.0SE:

A little bit of a hard a$$ huh, Watch out man he must have VTEC! That's like elevendy million horsepower. That Civic needs some suspension work BADLY. Contour isn't so bad but lower yes, a wee bit o wheel gap.
I'm guessing he has blue headlight bulbs. Civic stance looks well umm (something not nice).
It does have a V-tec (as the badge on the back says).

But is it a DOHC? I don't recall civics of that vintage ever bearing the v-tec badge from the factory...

The stance looks like arse...if he put the correct size tires on it he'd lose some of that wheelgap...if you want low-profile tires, get bigger wheels first...

i think anythin else i was going to say was said.. lol
ummmm

Apperance:
cut springs(only in front), part of a body kit, what looks like cheap gard for the grill, funky rims, random black stripe, fender vents, what looks like a acura v-tec badge(kinda like if i ordered a euro Zetec badge)

performance: intake and header.

u make the call LOL

oh is its the D16Y8(96-00 ex 127hp) or the D16Z6(92-95 ex/si 125hp)?
so "the other guys" logo on the wind sheild... is that a civic group or does he actually have TOG headers on that bad boy
"the other guys" is a Audio shop/store in saginaw. They did the sound system in it. It is a V-Tec engine, and a 93EX so the D16Z6. And yes, it rides like hell. I think I convinced him to get some new springs. But the front bumper isnt a body kit, its a lip add on, thats the stock bumper with a bottom lip add on or something of that matter.
ummmmmm I don't know what to say.....cutting springs is a safty hazard and nice contour? To each his own!!!!!!!
I am an [censored] and I couldn't resist
Sorry, just couldn't resist.

"the other guys" is a Audio shop/store in saginaw. They did the sound system in it. It is a V-Tec engine, and a 93EX so the D16Z6. And yes, it rides like hell. I think I convinced him to get some new springs. But the front bumper isnt a body kit, its a lip add on, thats the stock bumper with a bottom lip add on or something of that matter.

where do you freaking live alias!?!?!? i live in bay city....
© CEG Archives