Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: Dr. Cross Track Day at St. Lawerence Motor Park - 10/25/04 03:28 PM
Did my first track event this past weekend. It was a blast! A friend of mine with a STi invited me to go w/ him and some friends (other subbies, including 3 more STi's). The track is about 3/4 mile and is used primarily for gocarts, but big enough for full size cars. Those STi's are unbelievable! I rode co-pilot in an 05 for a couple of laps...mmmm. My SVT did pretty good, need some better tires (they were like grease after 4 or 5 laps). My best lap was 8 seconds behind the fasted STi and 3 seconds behind the WRX's. All of the subbies had mods, whereas my only "performance" mod is a drop-in K&N. With a better suspension and tires, I could easily keep pace w/ the WRX's, still no match for the STi though. Here's a link to a video of the track w/ the STi's buzzing around: SLMP

Fun, fun, fun....
Where are the leaves on the trees???? Is it that cold up there already? Yikes!

Looks like two cars per session and ~10 cars total? What was the cost?
Posted By: Dr. Cross Re: Track Day at St. Lawerence Motor Park - 11/01/04 12:06 AM
Cost was $50 for the whole w/n. Most of the time it was a single car on the track, although a few times there were 3 or 4 cars out there at a time (atleast a 1/4 lap apart, no tire to tire racing). Think there was 12 cars total (10 subbies, an older S4 and me). Yes, it's getting very cold up here in the Northeast!!
© CEG Archives