Contour Enthusiasts Group Archives
Posted By: dallasb84 Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/23/04 04:54 AM
so looking around online i found this little machine shop that makes these things. hes an ex race car driver and builds all sorts of things. he specialized in adapters and spacers. this is what he replied to me about me asking if he can make adapters so we can fit different bolt patterns like cheap honda rims and maybe even a 5 lug pattern. "MOST 1" TO 1.5" THICK CUSTOM MADE ADAPTERS OR
> SPACERS START AT $65
> EACH. LARGE TRUCKS ARE MORE.
>
> 1/4" TO 3/4" THICK HUB CENTRIC FLAT SPACERS $40
> EACH. so i gave him a link to this website and asked if we can get em cheaper if we group buy. now im not going to be the middle man because i dont want that kinda resposibility if this dudes a joke but, maybe we can get a CEG discount so to speak. is anyone interested? ill post when he replies and i talk to him in person. then ill send you guys the link to his site. would 150- 180 bux be a bad price for custom bolt pattern set???
Posted By: Livinsvt_dup1 Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/23/04 05:16 AM
Link the website
Posted By: Russell-3L Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/23/04 05:25 AM
if wheelspacers are resonably price, i may be interested, as this might motivate me to do a widebody kit
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/23/04 01:23 PM
You guy might want to check out FK North America for wheel spacers. Good quality and pricing.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/30/04 07:39 AM
Hub spacers move the wheel out w/o changing the stock stud bolt length needed?
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/30/04 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Cris'pus:
Hub spacers move the wheel out w/o changing the stock stud bolt length needed?

Nope, depending on the thickness of spacer you may need to replace the bolts as well.
Posted By: Cris'pus Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/30/04 07:29 PM
What's the Max thickness then before you need to?
5/10/20 MM?
Posted By: SVTCANUK_dup1 Re: Wheel adapters and hub spacers - 03/30/04 08:06 PM
I would say 5mm tops but don't quote me on that. I have the FK 5mm spacers that I will be using when I put the summers back on. I will find out then if I have enough thread or not.
© CEG Archives